MCCOSKER CONTRACTING Employee Reviews

well trained work crews, good management
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD11 May 2016
Prestart meetings gave me a clear plan for the days work.Training given in gps machine operations.A caring attatude shown by management.Help and advice given by co workers.
Great company to work for. great leadership.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD16 February 2016
I had learnt most of what i know now from the people in this company. as i had been working for them for over 13 years and would work for them again if asked to.
great work/life balance.
Cons
work life balance.
Dynamic workplace with friendly workforce and approacable management
Trainer / Assessor and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD14 April 2015
I found working for McCosker Contracting very fulfilling and enjoyable.

Daily events included but not limited to:

* Early starts for "pre-start" meeting and work force assessment (random D & A's) positive and enjoyable. Formed a trust bond between workers, supervision and management.

* Work site and safety inspections, incident investigations(rare).

* McCosker Contracting Inductions.

* Operator assessments for Verification of Competency(V.O.C.) including Legislative compliance, general knowledge assessment(theory) and operator skill set(practical).

* Documentation and storing of results for auditing purposes.

* Researching of A.S.Q.A. or other guidelines and Unit Descriptors to comply with various training and assessment procedures.

* Delivery of above training procedures in accordance with guidelines and descriptors in either a class room environment or onsite as per identified procedure( usually both).

* I improved my classroom delivery of training, interaction and management skills, and learned a lot about W.H.S. compliance and implementation. Also improved my computer operating skill set.

* Over all management of McCosker Contracting was very good but pockets of resistance to progress in some divisions of workforce.

* In my capacity of Trainer and Assessor/ Safety Adviser I needed to tread a very "fine line" between a wide variety of workers and management. As such it was difficult to maintain a positive opinion of my value within the company.

* Having a position that allowed me to interact with both the "hands on" workers
  more... and the management meant a lot to me as I came from the "ground" and still enjoy the "feel" of a construction site and seeing something "grow" beyond frustrations and setbacks. I must admit that there were times when I would have preferred to be the "operator" which can be easier and with much less responsibility.  less
Pros
company car, mobile phone and fuel card
Cons
Occassional foolishness or lack of consentration causing injury to self or others, damage to equipment or embarrassment to company.
Bob McCosker(owner) Bloody nice bloke.
Plant/Machinry Operator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD17 June 2014
I enjoyed my operating, but 13 day on 1 off & 10 day on 4 off rosters were a hard slog, 10 & 12 hour days.
Pros
operating plant
Cons
management ify
Energetic work focus
PROJ ADMIN/PA - PROJECT MANAGER/ LOGISTICS CO-ORD. (Former Employee) –  GLADSTONE / CURTIS ISLAND15 May 2014
Preparing and communicating with all sub-contractors, vendors. Organising wide scope of works from preparing meetings, minutes, agendas for Project Manager to logistics of materials, suppliers and heavy equipment transfer to Curtis Island via barge
Pros
Energetic
Cons
Long hours unpaid
Great experience working on Curtis Island
Formsetter/Carpenter/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gladstone region7 October 2013
Various roles within company which was enjoyable because it had variety.