Dynamic workplace with friendly workforce and approacable management
Trainer / Assessor and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) – Gladstone, QLD – 14 April 2015
I found working for McCosker Contracting very fulfilling and enjoyable.
Daily events included but not limited to:
* Early starts for "pre-start" meeting and work force assessment (random D & A's) positive and enjoyable. Formed a trust bond between workers, supervision and management.
* Work site and safety inspections, incident investigations(rare).
* McCosker Contracting Inductions.
* Operator assessments for Verification of Competency(V.O.C.) including Legislative compliance, general knowledge assessment(theory) and operator skill set(practical).
* Documentation and storing of results for auditing purposes.
* Researching of A.S.Q.A. or other guidelines and Unit Descriptors to comply with various training and assessment procedures.
* Delivery of above training procedures in accordance with guidelines and descriptors in either a class room environment or onsite as per identified procedure( usually both).
* I improved my classroom delivery of training, interaction and management skills, and learned a lot about W.H.S. compliance and implementation. Also improved my computer operating skill set.
* Over all management of McCosker Contracting was very good but pockets of resistance to progress in some divisions of workforce.
* In my capacity of Trainer and Assessor/ Safety Adviser I needed to tread a very "fine line" between a wide variety of workers and management. As such it was difficult to maintain a positive opinion of my value within the company.
* Having a position that allowed me to interact with both the "hands on" workersmore... and the management meant a lot to me as I came from the "ground" and still enjoy the "feel" of a construction site and seeing something "grow" beyond frustrations and setbacks. I must admit that there were times when I would have preferred to be the "operator" which can be easier and with much less responsibility.less
company car, mobile phone and fuel card
Occassional foolishness or lack of consentration causing injury to self or others, damage to equipment or embarrassment to company.
PROJ ADMIN/PA - PROJECT MANAGER/ LOGISTICS CO-ORD. (Former Employee) – GLADSTONE / CURTIS ISLAND – 15 May 2014
Preparing and communicating with all sub-contractors, vendors. Organising wide scope of works from preparing meetings, minutes, agendas for Project Manager to logistics of materials, suppliers and heavy equipment transfer to Curtis Island via barge