MCCOSKER CONTRACTING
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MCCOSKER CONTRACTING Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Really enjoyed working for the company until change of management and sadly I chose to leave as a result.
Senior management really cared about their employees, was difficult to fit in.
Pros
Really good workshop crew
Prestart meetings gave me a clear plan for the days work.Training given in gps machine operations.A caring attatude shown by management.Help and advice given by co workers.
I had learnt most of what i know now from the people in this company. as i had been working for them for over 13 years and would work for them again if asked to.
great work/life balance.
Cons
work life balance.
I found working for McCosker Contracting very fulfilling and enjoyable.

Daily events included but not limited to:

* Early starts for "pre-start" meeting and work force assessment (random D & A's) positive and enjoyable. Formed a trust bond between workers, supervision and management.

* Work site and safety inspections, incident investigations(rare).

* McCosker Contracting Inductions.

* Operator assessments for Verification of Competency(V.O.C.) including Legislative compliance, general knowledge assessment(theory) and operator skill set(practical).

* Documentation and storing of results for auditing purposes.

* Researching of A.S.Q.A. or other guidelines and Unit Descriptors to comply with various training and assessment procedures.

* Delivery of above training procedures in accordance with guidelines and descriptors in either a class room environment or onsite as per identified procedure( usually both).

* I improved my classroom delivery of training, interaction and management skills, and learned a lot about W.H.S. compliance and implementation. Also improved my computer operating skill set.

* Over all management of McCosker Contracting was very good but pockets of resistance to progress in some divisions of workforce.

* In my capacity of Trainer and Assessor/ Safety Adviser I needed to tread a very "fine line" between a wide variety of workers and management. As such it was difficult to maintain a positive opinion of my value within the company.

* Having a position that allowed me to interact with both the "hands on" workers
 - more...
Pros
company car, mobile phone and fuel card
Cons
Occassional foolishness or lack of consentration causing injury to self or others, damage to equipment or embarrassment to company.
I enjoyed my operating, but 13 day on 1 off & 10 day on 4 off rosters were a hard slog, 10 & 12 hour days.
Pros
operating plant
Cons
management ify
Preparing and communicating with all sub-contractors, vendors. Organising wide scope of works from preparing meetings, minutes, agendas for Project Manager to logistics of materials, suppliers and heavy equipment transfer to Curtis Island via barge
Pros
Energetic
Cons
Long hours unpaid
Various roles within company which was enjoyable because it had variety.