McKenzie Aged Care Group Employee Reviews

Aged care provider with a real difference- you really do become part of the family
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 April 2019
I have worked at a number of ages care organisations in my career but never have I come across somewhere where you feel so appreciated, valued and part of the family. The McKenZie family show appreciation and get to know staff and the residents by name and the organisation strives to really put residents first. They also treat all staff equally regardless of role from cleaners right through to senior execs.
Pros
Salary, supportive senior management, the people
Cons
Sometimes very long hours but expected in such a role, IT and systems at times but improving
good coffee shop
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD23 March 2019
Over worked, not enough staff, not enough time to get things done. Management treat all all working staff with disrespect as they think they are better than the others for some reason.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough staff
Learning Workforce
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brighton VIC25 February 2019
It was quite good. Was get a learning platform. People were helpful. The project was interesting and knowledgeable. A supporting team and friendly environment.
They are good
Sutton park aged care (Current Employee) –  Victoria15 February 2019
They’re good it’s a good place for work I enjoy working with them. They put people first, they’re fair work, they’re loyal reliable and social. Everyone is treated the same it’s awesome working there.
Cons
Looking for a change and to apply myself and n a new facility
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Australia28 November 2017
A friendly reminder nviroment but changes every so many months with new managers.our day at work is very busy in the memory unit everyday is different.the hardest part of the job is putting up with other picas who are on a power trip but I do.i was a team leader for nine years I know how to listen and act if need be.the most wonde ful part of my job is my residents they make all the hard work worth it.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Changing management all the time
mckenzie aged care
Age Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Capalaba QLD27 March 2017
Always shifts avaliable.............. management needs a bit of work. Often short staffed. Like most aged care places. Great environment to work in. Great staff
2 rewarding years
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burleigh Waters QLD22 August 2016
Four rewarding years in the Australian health care industry has led me to leading the kitchen team at Mckenzie aged Care to serve residents with disabilities and mental illness. It is my job to make sure the kitchen works as a team to deliver a high standard of service at the Four-star aged care facility.
An excellent professional and supportive company and facility to work for.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bribie Island QLD12 August 2016
The McKenzie Aged Care Group - Bribie Cove are an excellent company to work for and the staff were amazing. I was grateful to have the opportunity to work for them at Bribie Cove.
Working there gave me an amazing opportunity to learn, consolidate the skills and knowledge from my Aged Care course and importantly gave me valuable experience.
It was a shame that the company didn't have any facilities in South Australia then I could have transferred rather than resign.