McKenzie Aged Care Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

McKenzie Aged Care Group Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews
Management isn't very hands on and don't listen when you have concerns. The environment can be very overwhelming and a lot of the time can be short staffed and makes it very stressful. They expect you to do everything you should in the time your given and a lot of the time you don't get time.
Pros
The majority of PCA's were lovely and great to work with
Cons
Management not listening to concerns
I recommend working here because it's a good place to work at and it has such great facilities and the buildings are built amazingly McKenzie aged care have such a great management
Internal issues and archaic management styles make this workplace unsustainable with huge staff turnover. If I could rate them less than 1 star, I would.
Productive place to work for. Consumers are nice. Staff are sometimes friendly while the supervisors appear nice most of the time.
Overall can be stressful at times.
We always miss our old owners.. good old Embracia who sold this aged care to McKenzie Aged care group. They say it’s a family owned business, I suppose the family should get all the benefits and the employees can stay helpless. No support from head office people, lack of resources however expectations are sky high. Sadly made me leave the nursing industry because of the workload and non necessary demands of our managers.
Clients are lovely and on the whole they appreciate the work staff do.
However there is so many changes in management it’s impossible to keep up with role responsibilities.

Management come and go and when they are present unless you are in a senior position treat staff like they’re slaves and like you are indispensable.

Have ‘cornerstones’ they live by but these values are rarely followed.

Would never recommend anyone to work there
Loved my time at McKenzie. Great caring environment. A lot of change happening with managers which gave a sense of insecurity.
I was left to work independently but was always able to get assistance if needed.
Worked at Charlesbrook for years, used to be a great place to work until about a year ago. Now management is an absolute joke. Full of bullies. This company puts budget before resident care. Do not work here if you value your mental health. They don’t care about their residents or their employees. As long as they are making a profit, they are happy.
Staff are overworked and underpaid - Staff themselves are very hardworking and competent. but workload may be unreasonable at times. resident's are a pleasure to look after
Beautiful outside and disgraceful inside. Bullying managers, the atmosphere of complete mistrust. I was asked to clean the floors, carry heavy boxes, assemble furniture although my role was to coordinate one of the departments, and two months later I was asked to leave the company and was escorted out of the building! Left me very stressed and traumatised.
I worked here for a long time and the residents and fellow staff are the only things keeping you going back. The residents make it a worthwhile job but the manager is a bully who forced the resignation of too many people to name.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
One bad decision to work there. People at McKenzie Aged care have no Respect for you & the Residents.. Please whoever you are don't work there it will be one bad decision. Although i worked there 5 years but had another job to keep me sane.
Pros
Some Respect
Cons
Rude staff & complaining & indian or asian staff not willing to help.
Management is dragging down what would otherwise be an OK place to work. Speaking to staff like a headmistress speaks to school children, shaming staff in front of others and denigrating staff when alone with them are unacceptable behaviours that appear to be tolerated in this workplace. There is a lot of unproductiveness and inefficiency due to poor management which certain management, in turn, blames staff for. Management style is authoritarian which is simply a form of bullying.
Staff have to use a finger print machine to sign on and off shifts (similar to an old industrial-era clock on and off machine), and there is a camera on the ceiling of the medication room. This gives staff the feeling they are not trusted and gives the impression that management are somewhat paranoid.
Pros
The place looks nice
Cons
Bullying, inefficiencies, unproductiveness, paranoia
I have worked at a number of ages care organisations in my career but never have I come across somewhere where you feel so appreciated, valued and part of the family. The McKenZie family show appreciation and get to know staff and the residents by name and the organisation strives to really put residents first. They also treat all staff equally regardless of role from cleaners right through to senior execs.
Pros
Salary, supportive senior management, the people
Cons
Sometimes very long hours but expected in such a role, IT and systems at times but improving
Over worked, not enough staff, not enough time to get things done. Management treat all all working staff with disrespect as they think they are better than the others for some reason.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough staff
Working for McKenzie has taught me a lot and given me lots of experience. Overall the work is good, however feel like the management can be unfair. The company is too focused on policies and not focused enough on their staff. Pay is very average. Overtime (which we all do a lot) is not paid for. Very hard to get a pay raise even when working beyond expectation. Not many employee benefits.
Pros
opportunities for growth
Cons
overtime, management
It was quite good. Was get a learning platform. People were helpful. The project was interesting and knowledgeable. A supporting team and friendly environment.
They’re good it’s a good place for work I enjoy working with them. They put people first, they’re fair work, they’re loyal reliable and social. Everyone is treated the same it’s awesome working there.
Cons
Residential Aged Care business with many variations to how the processes should be followed. Transitional management systems starting to take effect ensuring the ultimate aim of unified methodology in all residences. Residents are happy and content overall.
Staff in the clinical and Lifestyle areas are excellent, creative and thoughtful.
Pros
People
Cons
Some aspects of Managment
A friendly reminder nviroment but changes every so many months with new managers.our day at work is very busy in the memory unit everyday is different.the hardest part of the job is putting up with other picas who are on a power trip but I do.i was a team leader for nine years I know how to listen and act if need be.the most wonde ful part of my job is my residents they make all the hard work worth it.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Changing management all the time
Always shifts avaliable.............. management needs a bit of work. Often short staffed. Like most aged care places. Great environment to work in. Great staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKenzie Aged Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9