ME Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ME Bank Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Most people who start at ME start off in the Call Centre which is a hard job to have anywhere - micromanaging time, having to hit ambitious targets, feel more like a number rather than a person. This being said, if you can hack out a year or two in the Call Centre there are lots of opportunities to move within the company to other roles. I worked there for six years and witnessed first hand many people who climbed the corporate ladder to higher paying roles that were better suited to what they wanted to do. I worked mostly in the Digital Communication team which communicated with customers by email rather than phone which was well paid and a pretty cruisy job.

Once out of the call centre, I think the company does a better job nurturing staff development. They publicly support platforms which aren't always popular (eg. Gay marriage) which I appreciated. I found their roles paid well - especially for entry level positions. Over all I would recommend employment with ME!
ME Prefers TM with no experience to become full time rather than hiring someone with 10 years of experience. When you're a casual tm they don't really value your existence since you're only there for the time being.
Pros
Location wise close to everything
Cons
No security
I had the time of my life working at ME, I worked there from 2014-2017. I always felt very supported in every way, from my career advancement to all the HR initiatives they had to see how we were doing, never feeling inferior to any other department. I always had the opportunity to learn different things and work on different projects which I loved.
I think I may have been very lucky with the line of management above me, my GM up to the executive of my department, were both very genuine people. However, it was my team leader who really made my time there memorable, a very enthusiastic and likeable character who made everything exciting which resulted in a lot of team morale, and made me want to work my best.

The CULTURE was incredible, many fun events always going on, including a great Christmas party for everyone.

I made some friends for life here, from all different departments, which I would give credit to the culture and always mixing everyone together.

So overall, I would absolutely recommend ME to anyone and everyone.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for overtime to earn more money, great bosses, culture, friends for life
Cons
Mmmm maybe only the security of my job for my first year and half, as i was contract, which i did understand was the nature of that exact job, But then i was made full time :)
Work culture wasn't great at ME bank. Lots of grey areas and no clear direction.
Poorly managed and leader had ots of attitude and arrogance.

People blamed others for not delivery the results.
Staff are well looked after with emphasis on growth and development and a fair pay rate.

The bank has built a great culture and strongly promotes diversity.
Pros
Support network
Cons
Systems
Management are bullies, lack the required skills to lead people and their own agenda comes before the well being of their team.

The Bank thinks that their culture is better than it is. Just by saying how great you are, enough times, does not make it true.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Toxic Management
Loved working for ME but it is time to advance my career. Limited career opportunities unless you are trained across all products from the ground up. Otherwise, an excellent place to work with a fun and happy culture.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Management in my specific area of the bank
ME can be a great place to work if you have the right attitude and work ethic. Some of the executives and even the CEO are very down to earth and take the time to get to know people. Middle Management are very good also and take an interest in the front line staff and their well being.

I had a team of 13 consultants and all but two of them were fantastic people and great employees. They made the days great. Work life balance was always in the mix and other team leaders were very flexible in looking after your team if you needed time off for any reason.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with changing priorities for the bank. We were a challenger bank so was always one step behind the big four and our systems were in the process of getting a major update so keeping on top of all of that was a bit hard.
Pros
Great work life balance and some very good people to work with and to work for.
Cons
Its a union owned bank and they are a horrible group of people, They protect the bad employees and make life difficult for the management of ME.
If I wasnt wanting to relocate interstate I would never leave this job. Can be hectic at times on the phone, it is a call centre and can be flatout at times.Great people to work with, great amenities, good pay, and a fun and flamboyant culture.
Pros
fun, caring, good pay
Cons
Shift work, public holiday work, but, wages are great if you work weekend or public holidays.
The work place culture at ME Bank is excellent.
The staff are very friendly and are willing to help out to get any solution resolved. There are also monthly team lunches which helps to promote team bonding.
Pros
The culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ME Bank?
Too many managers working in areas they have no experience in. This would be ok if they listened to SME but they don't. Their IT Governance is ghastly, especially for a bank.

Work life balance is not good. They are not results focused but rather whether or not your bum is at your desk. The culture is not great at all.

It is difficult reporting to people that have way less experience and knowledge than you.

Overall ME Bank is not a good place to work. They behave like they are a start up company and just "giving the banking gig a go" when the reality is that they are a bank and need to be taking their IT systems and security way more seriously.
Pros
a couple of good people work there
Cons
all the benefits etc that they go on about is just rubbish executive speak.
working in ME bank for the last 6 years has been a great experience and learning curve. It allowed me to work with multiple systems and giving me the experience to work in different roles
Pros
flexable hours
Great location, great people and a small enough company to implement change and see it flourish. You'll be proud to tell people you work for ME.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Can't think of any
God working culture, great company. good work ethics.

Poor management and planning. Trying to do much in short span of time without sticking to quality and accuracy
The management treats employees as slaves. Their working culture is totally rotten. Managers won't listen to you. They have no idea how a modern work place works.
Pros
Close to the train station
Cons
The culture there is totally rotten. Everything is wrong about this workplace.
ME Bank was a fantastic place to work and grow. No two days were ever the same so it was a constant learning curve.
A growing bank that is young and vibrant and willing to try new things.