Meat & Livestock Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Meat & Livestock Australia Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
The levels of influence, funding, access to industry and researchers put MLA in position to drive real local and global change for the industry. There is huge potential there.
on elevator doors opening, your immediate sense is danger and fear as you scan the foyer and agrophobia sets in. Placing your hand on a nearby persons shoulder calms you but he quicky turn to shoot you a glare that says, this may not be the best approach. no matter how many times you do this walk, it will always be the same. the fear you felt on your first day at meat and livestock will remain until your final day. if you can't handle it, you're not ready.
On a day to day basis, I enjoyed my role at MLA. We were provided with all the tools we needed to achieve our goals and our work enviroment (hot desking) was modern and had a lot of good facilities. We also access to many employee benefits, including discounts from clothing, gym, airlines, etc. You could also take the advantage of working from home as and when was required. The down side was very poor senior management and a lack of communication between management and staff. MLA also has Human Resources team who are constantly adopting the lastest trends and rolling these out.....but nothing changes or improves.
Flexible working hours between 7am-7pm open work areas "Hot Desking", modern offices with great staff cafe. Friendly work environment, team culture is important and Management are approachable.
Working day or week
Due to my position I would travel a lot all over Australia which gave me the opportunity to develop my skills from the shop front to the board room.
Pros
good career develpment
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Meat & Livestock Australia?