mecwacare Employee Reviews

Assisted clients with ADLS, documentation and emotional support.
Assisting client (Former Employee) –  Victoria30 April 2019
Assisted clients with ADLS that includes from the shower to the kitchen and join them with various activities.
Documenting about their day to any complains and suggestions.
Taking the clients for shopping and for a walk in the garden.
Providing them emotional and psychological support.
Different every shift
Direct Care Worker (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 September 2018
-good work culture.
people are nice
-can be very stressful at times
-when you're under staff, its hard to maintain
management can sometimes expect a lot from the team.
Displeasing
Lifestyle Assistant/Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South East Melbourne VIC12 April 2018
Very much a understaffed company where employees are taken for granted as those employed are too compassionate to let the residents and clients go without. Management left very much to be desired in for m of providing proper support and safe work environment for the staff. Also other staff members were very quick to push you under the bus so to speak in order to make themseves look better. The best part of this job was the clients, who were happy and wanting to improve their lives adn prgogress further to better themselves.
Pros
decent wages and salary sacrifice
Cons
long hours, unpaid overtime, mis-managed staff and funds
friendly people and great environment
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 March 2018
this place was a gem to work at, all the staff were very friendly and helped me out whenever i needed and i felt comftable to ask questions about what i needed help with
awesome work place
aged care worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Australia7 February 2018
Awesome place to work, Iwoorked here for a period of six years.
The people are very helpful, and the manager was kind and passionate.

All the residents were very cooperative
Excellent environment for voluntary work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Auburn VIC31 January 2018
Terrific people, good ethic and goal. There is a sense of proprietary when I open the shop each Saturday morning, although, it's not mine, it's the community's.
Pros
warm fuzzy feeling - voluntary!
Cons
not many
Enjoyable friendly staff good environment
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC31 January 2018
Totally enjoyed working for this company
Disappointed that I had to leave to take care of
family circumstances meet new friends got to learn new skills
Pros
On site training
Cons
Not enough hours
Great team to work with
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC18 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the residents and most of the staff. Had I not left there was opportunity for training and advancement within the organisation.
Aged Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Pakenham VIC9 January 2018
Great pay, great clients, flexible hours, fortnightly pay, salary packaging options, supportive coordinators, consistent up to date training, opportunities for advancement in career, opportunities to travel as paid staff
Pros
Working with wonderful clients, hours flexibility
Not a good company to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Malvern27 July 2017
management are unsupportive of staff & seem to just ignore everyone. Pay is average and they have a no agency policy so when carers call in sick, everyone is short staffed for that shift
Pros
Residents are sweet
Cons
Bad management, bullying culture, bad pay
Productive and fun
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 May 2017
Re-positioning of patients, assisting on showering residents. Changing those in continents, feeding. I did night shifts which was challenging especially the dementia unit because we have to make sure we attend the buzzers in time to avoid falls.It was fun they have a good team of staff members and residents are very nice and appreciate the care they re given by the staff.It was a multi cultured environment so it was a great experience.
Pros
educational days
Understanding and always there
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Pakenham VIC2 January 2017
office management and staff are fantastic and understanding.
and are happy to assist in anyway. There is always plenty of updates when courses are available to advance or refresh your knowledge or when a compulsery update is required. regular forums to discuss issues
Pros
working with the elderly or disabled everyone is so different i throughly enjoy the interactions
Cons
in and out of the car all the time and no petrol allowance and not enough hours
Community Care...supporting others
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  South East Melbourne10 March 2015
I enjoy my work as it supports people to lead a better lifestyle.
I have various duties from house cleaning to taking someone to an appointment or shopping and personal care, showering, dressing and monitoring general health with feedback to the office.
I have learnt a lot about how others live, very interesting and the variation from one household to the next is never predictable.
I am allocated shifts that are usually best suited to my personality to enable good communication from the start with vulnerable and the more challenging clients.
My co - workers do the same and we all support each other as we know what the position entails.
You face sadness and happiness in meeting your clients, sometimes you wish you could change things out of your control, like disease. Only you cant.
Id like to think my support has made a difference in the lives of these usually older people as i always give compassion, empathy and a laugh.
The most rewarding part is to see that you do make a difference.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Long hours on the road, tiring with only casual hours upto 20 per week.
Fast pace organisation but fun negotiating with staff
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Glen Iris, VIC30 January 2014
A fast paced aged care facility, with too many deadlines but it is fun to negotiate with staff during roster preparation, vendors for maintenance task.
However, difficult to handle resident with dementia, wastes lot of time.
Enjoyed multitasking, assisting care worker's with technical issues.
Ongoing learning culture and supportive team environment
Direct Carer (Current Employee) –  Private Homes23 April 2013
My working day starts by greeting the client, (Private) then the change over from other Carers I relieve. Usually shower and dress client. Sometimes hoists are used. Breakfast and medication prompted or client takes themselves from dossett box. Client taken out for enjoyment or appointments. All meals prepared by Carer. Clients usually suffer from dementia of some kind I manage their troubles. I take care and watch them also try to amuse them. I enjoy my position when I see my client is happy and contented. The hardest time is when I see their health and mind deteriorating also when palliative care begins. Bedtime routine is difficult sometimes because client is tired, Hoist are usually used. Team work is the key to any 24hr. position. If their are any problems negotiate or ring Coordinator if problem can't be solved. The hours are long, I feel like a change from Direct Care.
Pros
the private client is usually very generous with food and paying costs when taken out.
Cons
the hours are long, and the wages are negotiated before shift starts.