Medibank Employee Reviews

made great friends along the way
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 April 2018
worked for medibank for 7years.. loved working there for the first 5 years.. but the last 2 years were terrible, pressure to make sales, management were bullies, never aknowledged, only specific people were!! only advantage, made great friends along the way.
Pros
pressure for sales.
Cons
never aknowledged for your hard work
The people were the great draw card.
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 March 2018
The workplace culture was casual and friendly but dedicated. The staff were hard working and genuinely cared about the people they worked for and with. A typical day included lots of face to face client contact balanced with back-end care and follow up. People's health was the focus and that tends to bring a caring bunch of people together.

The management style was to train and then not micro-manage, which I find most comfortable. They were available and approachable when I needed help and happy to support me to greater understanding.

The hardest part of the job was balancing the client needs with the back end paperwork and follow-up required.

The most enjoyable part of the job was a happy client - whether that be an individual or a corporate body.
Pros
location
Cons
temporary
Great people!
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne8 March 2018
I have learnt a lot from this job. Company really cares about making you feel welcome in the beginning. Unfortunately not a lot of room for growth or opportunities.
Pros
Great people, Clear Expectations of your role
Cons
No opportunities to expand your knowledge, lacking in opportunities to take the next step
Strong focus on productivity and quality
Customer Service Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2018
Management implemented a system that records the job task performed in a day. The start time, break time and finish time must add up to the 7hrs 30 mins work. A major focus was productivity and each person has numbers that she has to complete in a day.
Workplace culture is to respect others, be understanding friendly helpful and everyone is a team player. Confidentiality and privacy are highly respected.
In spite of the pressure to achieve quantity and quality, the atmosphere is always pleasant and friendly.
Cons
Lack of Social Interaction at times.
great work place if you get somewhere to sit
Care Enroller (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 October 2017
No idea what my role was, said we could work from home but never happened, training all over the place. no direction, pay roll not up to scratch nor was IT
Financially Focussed, Not Customer Focussed
General Manager, Retail (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC9 August 2017
For a health company, the work life balance equation as a leader was very poor, and the company really needs to have a more genuine customer and people focus in order to be sustainable going forward.
good career experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 July 2017
medibank offered great experience in retail.
however it became stressful for employees due to budgets, sales and pressure from top management; job security was low.
Pros
great people and staff
Cons
pressure on employees; wanted too much off staff.
Focus on sales and retention
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 July 2017
I was not with this company for long as it was for a promotional period only.
However I found that management and other staff were invested in providing us with great training, advice, to ensure we were the best we could be, for as long as we were there.
At the end of the promotion some of the staff were offered contracts with the company, but I chose to move onto other things.
Overall this was a great experience for me and one I would do again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
great training
Cons
short term contract
I would have stayed in this job if I didn't have to travel so far
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA2 July 2017
Typical day for me would be blood taking for about 2 hours, then immunisations, dressings, sick parade ( assessment of sick navy officers) general health checks including sight and hearing.
I improved the culture as I did not separate myself from the Navy Medics, but rather engaged in conversations with them as well as exchanging medical knowledge
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
long distance from home- 2 hrs travel every day
A great Team Enviroment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2017
Their inbound call structure was a little strange...
sometimes I had to transfer client depending on the number of things they wanted to discuss, which made their wait time so much longer then necessary, i pre-warned them so at least they were aware
Pros
value employees
Cons
cant think of any apart from what i mentioned prior
Flexible employer
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC17 March 2017
I really enjoy working at Medibank. There's a great, innovative culture and the values of diversity and better health really align with my own.

I love being able to work flexibly and believe it brings out the best in me.
Pros
Flexibility, innovation, inclusion
Hectic
Corporate Administration/Full Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 March 2017
Would have been a good company to grow into but there was few doctors who were really rude and hard to work with. They had big turn over of staff because of these attitudes. Specially for us girls in the front office. So honestly I didn't enjoy my time there as I would have loved to.
Worst job I've ever had
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2017
Constantly understaffed so unable to take annual leave. Bullying by management which worsened when my union was contacted for advice. Constantly contacted on my days off to fill shifts (who wants to even think about work on your days off). Pressure to get callers off the phone in under 8 minutes so that the company could meet their contractual obligations. Stressful environment
Pros
Coworkers, facilities, ability to work from home
Cons
No support from management, bullying, poor work life balance
Official response from Medibank
5 March 2017

Hi there, Thank you for leaving some feedback about your time with Medibank. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. If you would like to discuss your experience, please contact us on P&C_Communications@medibank.com.au. Warm regards

fun and rewarding
Hospital Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 300125 February 2017
paying out Hospital cover to members who had hospital stays. discussing and processing over the phone bills to hospitals all over Australia working inside Medibanks call centre.
Pros
people I worked with
Cons
City living
overall a good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD22 February 2017
Medibank has great staff and was a good place to work however the amount of high dollar policies sold is the key focus and job advancement is rarely available.
Pros
discounted health insurance
Cons
policy numbers sold is sole focus
Medibank really understands "work-life-balance"
Head of Department (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC20 February 2017
Many companies say they support the health and wellbeing of their staff and talk about work-life-balance but don’t actually have any supporting processes. This is where Medibank is different. All roles from call centre staff to the top level execs are encouraged to take a flexible approach to their day. Working from home is the norm for many roles unlike some companies where it is the exception to the rule. Medibank recognised the contribution of its employees through awards and rewards. It’s not about how long you have been working there it is about the difference you make. Medibank is a leader in diversity and like their flexible approach to work-life-balance they actively promote and support people from all diversity groups to come and work at Medibank.
Pros
Flexibility, Inspiring Leaders, Good Pay
Cons
Nothing (yet!!)
Company with a clear focus
Customer Connect (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 February 2017
Medibank has a great way of making you feel like you are part of the family from the moment you walk through the doors. Employees are all working towards the same goal "for Better Health" and there is a new positive energy throughout the business for C1 after the new CEO joined!

The culture is open and diversity is a great focus. There is such an authentic feeling for this through the exciting programs and employee engagement initiatives that are happening across the business and throughout the community!
Pros
Health Insurance Discounts & amazing Flexible Working opportunities!
Cons
The business was a little old fashioned and stuffy when I first joined, but the focus on innovation and the customer has re-energised the whole business!
Great culture and fantastic flexibility
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 February 2017
Medibank is an excellent company to work for. The culture is amazing, which really helps me with doing my job well. Individuals and teams are constantly collaborating to make sure that we are all working together towards our goals.

Medibank offers fantastic flexibility, which really helps me maintain my work/life balance. In the role that I'm in, this flexibility also allows me to work wherever I feel I'll be able to deliver my best work from.
New Starter - Melbourne Corporate Office Worker
Risk Management (Current Employee) –  720 Bourke Street5 February 2017
Have been working here for more than 2 months. Organisation has gone through lots of changes but in general team is very nice and friendly and so are management. There is flexibility in working hours and location (eg. work from home allowed) and working conditions are great. Office is new with facilities for staff to enjoy.

On the whole I am happy with Medibank and have had a positive experience to date.
Pros
Working conditions, friendly staff and management, close to train station, reasonable renumeration.
Home away from home
Marketing & Brand (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2017
Throughout my time at Medibank, I have both witnessed and experienced the opportunity for employees to learn and develop.
Leadership have a clear strategy that is aligned to our purpose and I am constantly encouraged to be involved in projects that build upon my skills and passions.

I leverage a great mix of Flexibility in my role that helps to balance my commitments outside of work, whilst not jeopardising the delivery or quality of my work.

Although the working environments are different across our corporate office locations, each brings a united feeling of family and purpose. With Family being so important to me, i'm glad that I have found an organisation like Medibank that I also call home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medibank. Our community is ready to answer.