Medibank Employee Reviews

Featured review
Medibank selected this as a representative review
Company with a clear focus
Customer Connect (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 February 2017
Medibank has a great way of making you feel like you are part of the family from the moment you walk through the doors. Employees are all working towards the same goal "for Better Health" and there is a new positive energy throughout the business for C1 after the new CEO joined!

The culture is open and diversity is a great focus. There is such an authentic feeling for this through the exciting programs and employee engagement initiatives that are happening across the business and throughout the community!
Pros
Health Insurance Discounts & amazing Flexible Working opportunities!
Cons
The business was a little old fashioned and stuffy when I first joined, but the focus on innovation and the customer has re-energised the whole business!
Good environment & company to work for.
Central Appointments Team (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 February 2019
Medibank building is very close to public transport & surrounding events. I had good learning, supportive management, culture is positive & good job.
Pros
Free fruit in the morning
Great
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2019
Worked in roaster from 8-8 from Monday to Friday. Happy to work as used to help customers for any question they have and make sure they are happy with the answer.
Great Culutre
Retentions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 January 2019
Enjoyed my short time with Medibank,

Had a great relationship with the management team and they were very supportive and helpful during my time with them.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
great place to work
OSHC consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 December 2018
great place to work with fun things to do at lunch, at a great location and within a fun team.
adjustable desks make for great ergonomics.
Great kitchen
working from home was great
Nurse on Call (Former Employee) –  Australia8 November 2018
Was able to work from home , and work around my family.
staff friendly and supportive. There were always lots of education.
Management were great to deal with and supportive.
Not seeing other people and going to a work place.
Knowing that you are helping people on many levels in the community.
Pros
Being at home
Cons
no face to face
Productive & friendly
Data Entry of private members' medical claims (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 September 2018
Fast paced and friendly environment. Learned to use macros in excel. Needed minimal supervision and worked with a diverse group of employees which was enjoyable.
Work Place Culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA19 August 2018
Thorough enjoyed working here. Sad was made redundant due to change in business strategy. Would love to return to Medibank if there was an opportunity
Telephone triage nurse
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Queenstown TAS26 July 2018
Assisting callers who were unsure whether they needed to go you the ED or if they could wait till the morning. Giving medical advice to callers who required assistance.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Comfortable work place with opportunities to explore different job roles
Regional Bookings Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA13 May 2018
Comfortable working environment with equally helpful and supportive staff.
Plenty of opportunity to move within the company and experience different job roles.
Reasonable salary but insufficient parking accommodations.
Pros
Friendly team environment, constant peer support.
Cons
No staff parking
made great friends along the way
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 April 2018
worked for medibank for 7years.. loved working there for the first 5 years.. but the last 2 years were terrible, pressure to make sales, management were bullies, never aknowledged, only specific people were!! only advantage, made great friends along the way.
Pros
pressure for sales.
Cons
never aknowledged for your hard work
The people were the great draw card.
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 March 2018
The workplace culture was casual and friendly but dedicated. The staff were hard working and genuinely cared about the people they worked for and with. A typical day included lots of face to face client contact balanced with back-end care and follow up. People's health was the focus and that tends to bring a caring bunch of people together.

The management style was to train and then not micro-manage, which I find most comfortable. They were available and approachable when I needed help and happy to support me to greater understanding.

The hardest part of the job was balancing the client needs with the back end paperwork and follow-up required.

The most enjoyable part of the job was a happy client - whether that be an individual or a corporate body.
Pros
location
Cons
temporary
Great people!
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne8 March 2018
I have learnt a lot from this job. Company really cares about making you feel welcome in the beginning. Unfortunately not a lot of room for growth or opportunities.
Pros
Great people, Clear Expectations of your role
Cons
No opportunities to expand your knowledge, lacking in opportunities to take the next step
Strong focus on productivity and quality
Customer Service Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2018
Management implemented a system that records the job task performed in a day. The start time, break time and finish time must add up to the 7hrs 30 mins work. A major focus was productivity and each person has numbers that she has to complete in a day.
Workplace culture is to respect others, be understanding friendly helpful and everyone is a team player. Confidentiality and privacy are highly respected.
In spite of the pressure to achieve quantity and quality, the atmosphere is always pleasant and friendly.
Cons
Lack of Social Interaction at times.
great work place if you get somewhere to sit
Care Enroller (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 October 2017
No idea what my role was, said we could work from home but never happened, training all over the place. no direction, pay roll not up to scratch nor was IT
Financially Focussed, Not Customer Focussed
General Manager, Retail (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC9 August 2017
For a health company, the work life balance equation as a leader was very poor, and the company really needs to have a more genuine customer and people focus in order to be sustainable going forward.
good career experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 July 2017
medibank offered great experience in retail.
however it became stressful for employees due to budgets, sales and pressure from top management; job security was low.
Pros
great people and staff
Cons
pressure on employees; wanted too much off staff.
Focus on sales and retention
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 July 2017
I was not with this company for long as it was for a promotional period only.
However I found that management and other staff were invested in providing us with great training, advice, to ensure we were the best we could be, for as long as we were there.
At the end of the promotion some of the staff were offered contracts with the company, but I chose to move onto other things.
Overall this was a great experience for me and one I would do again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
great training
Cons
short term contract
I would have stayed in this job if I didn't have to travel so far
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA2 July 2017
Typical day for me would be blood taking for about 2 hours, then immunisations, dressings, sick parade ( assessment of sick navy officers) general health checks including sight and hearing.
I improved the culture as I did not separate myself from the Navy Medics, but rather engaged in conversations with them as well as exchanging medical knowledge
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
long distance from home- 2 hrs travel every day
A great Team Enviroment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2017
Their inbound call structure was a little strange...
sometimes I had to transfer client depending on the number of things they wanted to discuss, which made their wait time so much longer then necessary, i pre-warned them so at least they were aware
Pros
value employees
Cons
cant think of any apart from what i mentioned prior
Flexible employer
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC17 March 2017
I really enjoy working at Medibank. There's a great, innovative culture and the values of diversity and better health really align with my own.

I love being able to work flexibly and believe it brings out the best in me.
Pros
Flexibility, innovation, inclusion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medibank. Our community is ready to answer.