MedImmune
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MedImmune Employee Reviews

This was a very good career move for me I was able to learn about the engineering field in the pharmaceutical biotechnology
The days where satisfying and enjoyable
MedImmune, now AstraZeneca, is an exciting company that is on the forefront of developing and commercializing many therapeutic drugs. The company has a very positive attitude and encourages collaboration among employees.
I like to work for this compan the people are very nice is the best management I have is one of the best company in maryland benefits were very good I can always work overtime
Great environment. They embrace the LEAN culture, which cultivate team building, change if necessary, every question is a great question, prompt and efficient responses, and Safety is no#1 priority
Wonderful work experience. The company is very environmentally conscious. The food staff work hard to provide healthy food choices. Events are great too
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Need to make cobtractors permanent
Great people and a real fun and can do culture driven from the top. Yes we work hard but we are encouraged to play hard as well. Lots of opportunity to get involved in many projects and areas outside of your knowledge and comfort zone.
Pros
Lots of social events
Cons
Governed by US Managers
Just another job to drive to and work at
That is all the information I will provide at this time or any other I might be asked in the present and or in the near future.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Lots of great perks. Benefits are also pretty great.Great atmosphere, friendly people, challenging work, pay is standard for contractors in the area. As a contractor you are included in all activities and never feel like you are an outsider looking in.
It was a good place to work. My supervisor and co-workers were nice to work with and our work was collaborative. I enjoyed my job but it was temporary and I went to a more permanent position.
On a typical day, my job was to go through the labs creating a chemical inventory list. I got the opportunity to explore the different types of labs and the work being done in each one. The culture of MedImmune is quite exceptional with a significant amount of care for employees.
Loved the place of work and teammates. Had to relocate. Great people, but a lot of reorganization took place. CUlture slowly changed as AstraZeneca took over MedImmune.
Medimmune is a great place to work, a lot of innovative equipment and a commitment to expanding science. All the employees are highly educated and eager to assist in your research.
MedImmune is a great place to work if you end up with a good manager. Each person's experience differs based on their department and their direct supervisor. The company itself has a great vision and drives excellence. Plenty of perks for employees, state of the art facilities.
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Poor management practices
Medimmune was a great company to work for. Provided innovative products that were life saving for patients. Great work life balance with opportunity to move forward with promotion
I enjoyed my experience at Medimmune. It was my first time working in Cell Culture. The employees friendly, knowledgeable about the process and of great help getting me adjusted. We would meet every morning for our daily briefing. After our meeting, grab breakfast which was served out of the 5 star cafeteria. After breakfast we would head to the core to perform or daily duties. Due to the process most days we were only on the floor for about 3-4 hrs. The rest of the day we were free to play pool, video games, work on our training etc. And every other Friday Happy Hour was form 3-5. Unlimited amounts of different foods, libations, good music.
Pros
Happy Hour/ Events with food and music
Cons
Can be overwhelming due to the amount of employees at the company
Enjoyable workplace and their culture is saving lives which is the best part. Red Cross come at the workplace periodically. Upper management and also HR are very understanding when it came to family leave of absence.
Pros
Most free lunches
Realistic sales goals, excellent, first to market product. Management and sales training in line with needs of sales force and clients. Good start up biologic company up until acquisition.
Pros
Unique product allowed for access
Cons
difficult follow up for continued therapy with patients
The place is great to work but workplace politics can be stressful and affect your day to day. A lot of different perks that will benefit you but job security is very low.
Management in certain areas do not have a pulse for the team. Workplace culture was great. A lot of smart people working there. Managing multiple projects without supervisor support or encouragement was the hardest.
Working for MedImmune was a wonderful career experience.

The work was challenging and rewarding, the people and work culture were collaborative and inspiring.
Pros
Work Life Balance
I love this company, the people, the culture, the drive and determination of everyone a part of MedImmune/Astrazeneca.

I learned so much working here about Research and Development of Pharmaceutical products from Initial exlporative science to mass scale Manufacturing of a product.

I learned everything I know about being a business analyst at this company, from user engagement, requirements gathering, validation documentation, creation of training documentation to Change management and System Testing.