MedImmune Employee Reviews

A Great Place To Work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire2 September 2019
Great people and a real fun and can do culture driven from the top. Yes we work hard but we are encouraged to play hard as well. Lots of opportunity to get involved in many projects and areas outside of your knowledge and comfort zone.
Pros
Lots of social events
Cons
Governed by US Managers
Just a job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD24 June 2019
Just another job to drive to and work at
That is all the information I will provide at this time or any other I might be asked in the present and or in the near future.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Lots of great perks.
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA5 June 2019
Lots of great perks. Benefits are also pretty great.Great atmosphere, friendly people, challenging work, pay is standard for contractors in the area. As a contractor you are included in all activities and never feel like you are an outsider looking in.
Nice place
QC Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD12 April 2019
It was a good place to work. My supervisor and co-workers were nice to work with and our work was collaborative. I enjoyed my job but it was temporary and I went to a more permanent position.
Great place to learn the bio-pharm industry
Chemical Inventory Internship (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD9 April 2019
On a typical day, my job was to go through the labs creating a chemical inventory list. I got the opportunity to explore the different types of labs and the work being done in each one. The culture of MedImmune is quite exceptional with a significant amount of care for employees.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD6 February 2019
Medimmune is a great place to work, a lot of innovative equipment and a commitment to expanding science. All the employees are highly educated and eager to assist in your research.
Good facilities, cutting edge science
Associate scientist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD17 January 2019
MedImmune is a great place to work if you end up with a good manager. Each person's experience differs based on their department and their direct supervisor. The company itself has a great vision and drives excellence. Plenty of perks for employees, state of the art facilities.
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Poor management practices
Great company
Executive Biotech Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD16 January 2019
Medimmune was a great company to work for. Provided innovative products that were life saving for patients. Great work life balance with opportunity to move forward with promotion
Productive but balanced
Manufacturing Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD15 January 2019
I enjoyed my experience at Medimmune. It was my first time working in Cell Culture. The employees friendly, knowledgeable about the process and of great help getting me adjusted. We would meet every morning for our daily briefing. After our meeting, grab breakfast which was served out of the 5 star cafeteria. After breakfast we would head to the core to perform or daily duties. Due to the process most days we were only on the floor for about 3-4 hrs. The rest of the day we were free to play pool, video games, work on our training etc. And every other Friday Happy Hour was form 3-5. Unlimited amounts of different foods, libations, good music.
Pros
Happy Hour/ Events with food and music
Cons
Can be overwhelming due to the amount of employees at the company
Productive with Ping Pong and Zumba Classes and Red Cross
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD14 January 2019
Enjoyable workplace and their culture is saving lives which is the best part. Red Cross come at the workplace periodically. Upper management and also HR are very understanding when it came to family leave of absence.
Pros
Most free lunches
Great product and management until acquisition
Pediatric Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD3 January 2019
Realistic sales goals, excellent, first to market product. Management and sales training in line with needs of sales force and clients. Good start up biologic company up until acquisition.
Pros
Unique product allowed for access
Cons
difficult follow up for continued therapy with patients
Conference Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Darnestown, MD 2087813 November 2018
The place is great to work but workplace politics can be stressful and affect your day to day. A lot of different perks that will benefit you but job security is very low.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD22 October 2018
Management in certain areas do not have a pulse for the team. Workplace culture was great. A lot of smart people working there. Managing multiple projects without supervisor support or encouragement was the hardest.
MedImmune a part of AstraZeneca
Pilot Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD8 September 2018
Working for MedImmune was a wonderful career experience.

The work was challenging and rewarding, the people and work culture were collaborative and inspiring.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Best Place I've ever worked, plus pinball, Boccie, BBQ, arcade machines and a Pool Table
Research & Development Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD30 August 2018
I love this company, the people, the culture, the drive and determination of everyone a part of MedImmune/Astrazeneca.

I learned so much working here about Research and Development of Pharmaceutical products from Initial exlporative science to mass scale Manufacturing of a product.

I learned everything I know about being a business analyst at this company, from user engagement, requirements gathering, validation documentation, creation of training documentation to Change management and System Testing.
Dinamic, Resorceful
Post doctoral Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA12 August 2018
Great place to work, laboratories very well equiped, wonderful and competent scientific team
Was best job ever
Biotech Sales Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD6 August 2018
Prior to AstraZeneca buy out, was truly best job ever. Unsure of what the culture has become since so unable to have opinion on that. Best job and best boss and team ever.
Pros
biotech sales experience
Cons
bought out by AZ
Don't work here! Ever!
Clinical Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD15 July 2018
Pros: Happy hours on Friday, beautiful facility
Cons: Underpaid, no room for growth, CPMs are managing studies while the CPCs are teaching them; Directors ignore the high staff turnover rate in the company (esp oncology)
Be careful if you take a job in Gaithersburg, MD. Permanent or contract workers DO NOT HAVE JOB SECURITY. You've been warned.
Took away teleworking
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD9 July 2018
Hired with the understanding that the workplace is dynamic and flexible; this option was removed. Some people are still teleworking 100% while others can not have one or two days of flexibility; the policy was rolled out in a way that seems to promote favoritism. The job is not as described during the interview. It is not clear that the groups know how to maximize efficiencies
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Not trusting of employees.
nice work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA25 June 2018
Understanding and respectful supervisors and coworkers. Stable hours and work days during the time frame. Even though it was temporary work there was time you was able to get overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedImmune. Our community is ready to answer.