MedImmune Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Associate Marathoner in Rat Race (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD24 June 2013
MedImmune pays well and does interesting work. However, their personal development, career development, and leadership development is lacking for those below the level of director. If you want to advance your career you will need to change groups or leave the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Good luck moving up in the world...
Good place to work for depending on what group you work in.
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA18 June 2013
MedImmune had great opportunity to learn depending who you work for. Work hours are flexible as long as the work gets done. A lot of good people and good science.

Career development and politics aren't that great.
Pros
Flexible hours, good people, free drinks and food.
Cons
Career Development
Productive and learning oriented working environment
QC-Micro Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD2 June 2013
Very good company to work for no doubt! But due to my Masters degree in Information Assurance I feel like I have a potential of earning more in that field hence my decision to start looking.
Great place to work!
Associate Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD14 May 2013
Busy day at work and learn new techniques everyday! A very stimulating and engaging environment to grow and develop.
Co-workers are supportive and helpful and the most hardest part is overcoming challenges in a short period of time.
The most enjoyable part is learning new things and solving problems in a logical and practical manner.
Pros
Learning experience is great!
Very nice work environment
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD24 April 2013
Great mix of academic and industry co-workers and daily tasks.
Salary incentives
Pros
luchroom at headquarters and benifits
Cons
power struggles
Good Team Work
Associate, Scientists (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA8 April 2013
I like to Enjoy working for Medimmune, I learn so much in Medimmune Lats 13 year.
Pros
free breakfast, work life balance
Great Company, but not without it's growing pains
Associate Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD2 April 2013
MedImmune has been a great place to work. However as the company has grown there have been some difficulties with integration after being purchased by Astra Zeneca. Day to day the environment is great, and the people are excellent co-workers. Work-life balance can be hard to manage at times due to work load, but it has not been unbearable. MedImmune is making strides to ensure all it's employees are content and offer many perks.
Pros
new and exciting projects, loads of employees perks, great compensation
Cons
high work load, management direction not well understood
Great working environment
AstraZeneca Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD27 March 2013
State of the art medical advances
8-5 schedule
Research and Development of pharmaceutical products
typical work day
Industrial Temp Service (Current Employee) –  shepardsville, ky13 March 2013
typical work day - come in do your job
what i learned - the value of new products to help others
management - overall good
co-workers - overall good
hardest part of job - saying goodbye at end of contract
most enjoyable part - making good friends and knowing the job i do is a big part of helping people when they are sick
Cons
not really that many cons..nothing to really mention
i will like to work in this pharmaceutical again i have fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA8 February 2013
This is a temporary job.like working in there the managment it was great .dont have any complaing about any one in there .the only problem is concern me is just a temporay job with no beneficts .but the envoironment and the people are great . co -workes were great i really miss working in there
Pros
sometimes we did have some free lunches
Cons
no medical insurance
Productive and dynamic place to work
Commercial Training and Development Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD13 January 2013
Have been working for MedImmune for 6 1/2. It's been a great place to work although I feel it is time for a change. One of the reasons, I have loved coming to work is that my boss is friendly and understands work/life balance. Everyone in our department cares about each other.
Pros
great products and every so often you might get free lunch
Cons
there are times you work very, very long hours.
Worst Place to Work
Executive (Former Employee) –  Maryland1 January 2013
Even though they strive on work/life balance, there is no such thing for parents with young children. They will fire you if you take time off for your kids' health. HR is useless, they work for 'the company' and 'upper management' not for individual contributor. Dare not go to HR with an issue about your boss, etc. You will be put on a watch list and the next thing you know you are under the microscope. No integrity, no loyalty. Peers and supervisors will literally stab you in the back, strip the shirt off your back to 'get in with the boss' With Medimmune now under Aztraneca, its all about keeping 'their' job. You are worked to death, you put your best foot forward, but no recognition. Toxic environment, unhealthy and discrimation is what you get when you accept employment here.
Pros
employees/management is overpaid
Cons
the place and people eat you alive.
Poor Management, No Job Security(2 layoffs in 3 years), terrible culture.
Biotech Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southern, IN. Western, KY. Western, TN12 December 2012
Poor Management and No Work/ Life Balance. Micro Management with IPad and MBO's. Bonus not attainable.
Pros
good drug
Cons
expensive
Extremely Negative and Demoralising
associate scientist core tissue culture (Former Employee) –  Cambridge,UK9 December 2012
Working within CORE TISSUE CULTURE was an experience I would not wish on my worst enemy.
The women within this group set out to itimidate,persecute, and oppress any new employee that entered the group.
We were not encouraged to talk to other members of other groups, and restricted from going to any scientific meetings (on site) mainly due to the volume of work.
Our workload was so high that tempers were often frayed,and nit picking within the group was rife.
The co-workers were given no responsibilities - even at a basic level,
blame was always pushed onto the nearest person.
co-workers were encouraged to watch and report on each other - in a supposed attempt to 'improve' quality.
HR were not supportive in helping new employees in any way.
Pros
free car park
Cons
all of the above
A company in the decline
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cambrigde,UK29 November 2012
I could not believe when i joined, the behavior of the Managers and assistant Managers.
Bullying and Harrassment were rife - my predeccessor had only lasted six months before she left,and I had unknowingly taken her place.
Why MedImmune should support these people( both women) is a mystery.
We were not encouraged to have any communication with other groups or members of staff - which was appalling as communication is crucial especially in a scientific environment.
Co-workers were encouraged to report on other members of staff - so there was no really team feel,only aminosity towards each other.
HR was a complete waste - dispite knowing this was happening, chose to ignore it.
Pros
nice bistro
Cons
bullying, intimidation, nit picking, harassment, no support whatso ever
The Most enjoyable Part of the job
Associate Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MD28 November 2012
I enjoy the technical and creative teams this company embraces and relies upon to drive products to market. There is a crisp alignment around patient and the products.
Rewarding place to work
Biotech Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX14 November 2012
Call on pediatricians, NICU, PICU, pediatric pulmonologist. Constantly making a difference in the lives of premature babies. Management treats people like adults, without monitoring every move.
Great company to work with
Research Associate II. Full-time (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD1 November 2012
It has start-of-art research platform, great benefit package and inspiring work environment!
Good working enviroment to be in, very friendly atmosphere throughout.
Asceptic operator (Former Employee) –  Speke,Liverpool16 October 2012
Fantastic work ethic all round, friendly approachable management with good "work team attitude".
Associate Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD9 October 2012
Great co workers
extremely aggressive deadlines but achievable
Employee recognition program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedImmune. Our community is ready to answer.