MedImmune Employee Reviews

exciting work enviroment
Associate Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD15 June 2018
a typical work day starts at 7am to 3pm great people and a great place to work also management is great the hardest part of the job was dealing with the care of the animals
Pros
great pay
Great Company
Associate Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD7 June 2018
Medimmune was my first job out of college and I stayed loyal to them for 8 years. I learned so much and have nothing but the best and nicest things to say about the culture, the people, my managers and leadership. A constant learning environment where it is encouraged to think outside the box. Absolute Great place to work
Interesting and rewarding place to work
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD6 June 2018
MedImmune is a rewarding place to work. The objectives of the company are inspiring and there are opportunities to be involved in a variety of projects and work. Compensation and benefits are very good.
Summer intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD30 May 2018
I was a summer intern for medimmune during summer of 2015 and the work was hard but it was worth it. we are given a project that we research ourselves.
Productive place to work
Quality Control Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD24 May 2018
A typical day would include preparing sample database information for testing. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone, the management time was not very supportive or interactive with staff.
Pros
I was given an oppurtunity
Cons
The pay was low
Leading research
Post-doctoral researcher (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD18 May 2018
The workday is really focused on science.
Good and collaborative environment.
However, the management changed very quickly, making it hard to keep a target
temporary
Associate Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD13 May 2018
as a temp, there was no benefits, no job security, no offer of employment beyond. For those that were regular employees, it seemed like the grass was greener, but I could not say as I was on the temporary employment side.
Pros
job security, pay and benefits
Cons
temp employees are disposable
Fun work place to wrok at
CTMS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD17 April 2018
A great place to work at with lots of fun company activities. Very flexible work hours with work from home options.

Hard to move up with the management.
Pros
flexible work hours, great place to work at.
Cons
moving up is hard.
Maybe good for Ph.D
Research Associate III - Contracted employee (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD4 April 2018
A lot of favoritism. Mostly contract unless you know someone higher level very well. Too professional and less communication the environment. A lot of lay back and toxic place.
Pros
Work is good for learning
Cons
lower level are always be contract.
Great company and culture but poor advancement opportunity
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD26 March 2018
Great company and culture with poor advancement opportunity, discourage professional development and learning for more junior team members to grow which encourages high turnover
Productive, flexible and great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MF9 March 2018
MedImmune is one of the best company's I've worked for. It offers great benefits and competitive salary. The work life balance is also great. Vacation/holiday schedule is also one of the best. There are options to work remotely when needed and the environment is very comfortable and laid back.
Pros
Great salary, flexible schedule
Cons
A decent place to be a contractor, have an exit plan
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD29 January 2018
If you don't see a clear path to becoming a full time employee make other plans ASAP. They treat contractors fine but can take a long time to turn them into FTEs.
horrible company tortures animals
Vet Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD29 January 2018
They are cruel to the animals they perform experimental procedures on.
The scientists and managers resisted all attempts at training them to be more humane.
recommanded
Associate Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD28 January 2018
Scientists are very busy everyday in between experiments, meetings and and conferences.

I learned a lot through 9 years of working in Medimmune.

Management is based on leveled managers systems, pros and cons exist.

The hardest part of work is to able to generate research data that have a solid impact on late stage drug developments, so many assays may not directly related to clinical drug developments.

The most enjoyable part of work is science itself.
Pros
very efficient communication
Cons
limited exposure to other scientific leaders, talents might not be utilized
Great in the beginning then reorganization every 6 months.
Biotech Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  United States26 January 2018
I really loved my actual job at MedImmune. I loved the products and my team and many other employees but the culture began to change as AZ started getting more and more involved. After my first 6 months everything became about job security and who was going to be getting displaced every 6 months. It was a roller coaster and due to all the displacements and change in upper management.
Pros
Products, Co-workers, Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Constant re-structure, Lack of guidance from upper management, Didn't feel valued
MedImmune
Area Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR25 January 2018
MedImmune had a great culture of collaboration. Great integrity and great people to work with. Products were great to sell. Great biotech company supported by larger company
Medimmune was ok.
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD17 January 2018
I appreciated the job at Medimmune, it was the first job that I earned 6 figure salary. I met good people and worked on interesting projects.
The company paid for the cell sorter that I requested.
Pros
good pay, great instrumentation
Cons
lots of project managers, not so many bench workers like me.
Transition period
Senior Clinical Programmer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD9 January 2018
Data management was going through a transition period from a mostly outsourcing model to a partial outsource model. One of the biggest challenge was developing new SOPs in a short period of time.
Good company
QA Documentation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD8 January 2018
Great company to work for with too many layers of management. Almost too many benefits (made you think about better places to spend the money). Would go back if job were available.
High Intensity, High reward
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD3 January 2018
This is a job that keeps you on your feet, it can be fast paced and intense, but the people and the company are very good to work for. I would absolutely work for AZ/Medimmune again, and only left due to a long distance relocation for personal reasons. Management treats everyone with respect, and I felt that the interpersonal structure is very laid back.
The hardest part of the job was working night shift, and the often stressful or demanding nature of high stakes/high accuracy work in a regulated environment.
The best part of the job was how I was never bored, and the amazing opportunities for responsibility and learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedImmune. Our community is ready to answer.