MedImmune Employee Reviews

work here?
Associate Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 December 2016
great bennefits, big company so well planned projects however the seem unstable at the moment due to change of site and restructuring
Great Learning Environment
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD8 November 2016
There are many opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. The company offers dynamic training programs as well as several company perks.
great place to work
Senior Director Medical Affairs, Gout (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX7 November 2016
great science, great people, excellent management. Compliant, focused on doing the right thing for patients and key stake holders. Would highly recommend this company.
Great culture, science driven
Senior Scientist, ID/Vaccines Research (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD31 October 2016
Open, biotech-like culture with resources of a big pharma. Casual atmosphere, relatively little beaurocracy. Very science-driven; lots of seminars, emphasis on publishing and exploratory research
Pros
High scientific quality
Cons
shrinking portfolio; new emphasis almost completely on immuno-oncology
MedImmune
Validation Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA21 September 2016
I worked as a co-op at Medimmune, and was given a lot of training. Once I was ready, my team trusted me with many projects and let me take the lead on them. I learned a lot and it was a great experience.
Great company
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge20 September 2016
Great company to work for. A lot of very talented people, good perks and good work culture.

Big pharma but with a personal touch. Allows for personal development.
Ambitious Company under new management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MD29 August 2016
AstraZeneca is a very ambitious company dedicated to innovative solutions which is both a positive and a negative. There are many teams developed to implement procedures that are never followed through due to project fatigue. The benefits are pretty top notch and if you provide adequate justification the company will encourage and invest in personnel development.
Overall AstraZeneca is a great company to work for, but there is no growth in the posistion I am currently in.
Pros
Encourages development and furthering education
Cons
Limited potential to advance
NOC Engineer -
Tier 2 NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD28 August 2016
Environment is laid back, which has its pluses and minuses. Manager does not micro manage and you are left basically on your own to determine issues, however he was always available to assist if need be.
Pros
Relaxed environment, free beers every other week
Cons
As a contractor NO BENEFITS
Good benefit
Aerotek Contractor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD18 August 2016
It is a big pharma. They offer good benefit package to employees. Lots of activities: trail, pingpong, etc. Management is ok.
Open Office Concept
Commercial Learning and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD14 August 2016
Increases collaboration and eliminates lengthy meetings. More productive work environment.

Leadership and managing professionals has been the greatest accomplishment with MedImmune/AZ.

Developing professionals has been a great opportunity with the current leadership position I am in.

Enhanced and increased communication abilities with the current role.
Pros
Leadership and Development
Cons
Work, life, balance challenges
Project Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD11 August 2016
Very busy company, not much down time. Challenging, learned to communicate with scientists, laboratory design, etc. The hardest part of my job was to meet the highest standards of any industry I've seen, but that was also the best part. Working for the leading R&D biopharmaceutical campus in the entire United States brought great challenges but great satisfaction, sense of progress and accomplishment.
Ok
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge29 July 2016
OK
Company is undergoing some changes at the moment and is likely to be fully integrated within AstraZeneca
Mid management has become very slow, and very risk averse.
Productive environment and flexible work hours
Clinical Resource Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD21 July 2016
Focus on staff development and work life balance. People are generally collaborative and hard working. Management tries to provide opportunities to grow their staff.
Pros
Flexi hours and good benefits
Cons
Frequent Business changes
A decent way to earn a wage
Contracted through US. Tech Solutions (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD21 June 2016
Overall it was a nice place to work, while the night shift life was certainly difficult, the pay was decent and and the coworkers were friendly people. I would work there again if given the chance.
Pros
Decent pay, straight forward work
Cons
Night shift is rough
Great Employees but horrible management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD15 June 2016
It started off as a great place to work but over the course of time they began to use the employees to clean up their mistakes or to do projects they do not desire to do. They began to treat contractors like a number that is replaceable without warning if you did not do the extra work they assign. They want to cross train you for other programs but do not want to compensate and they want you to complete tasks that are on a management level but will not give you credit for it. Management only wants to use you until you are no longer of use to them then they make up reasons to fire you (Quality, dress code, etc). This program has a lot of politics and favoritism.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Management doesn't like feedback
A good place to explore and get exposure to the biotech industry
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD6 June 2016
A typical day at work is very busy involving a lot interaction with different departments in order to get the job done and meet timelines.

I've learned that the industry is very fast pace and I have learned to better adapt to change because of this opportunity.

Management is communicative and wants to address & solve the real issues behind delayed timelines.

My coworkers are hard workers and we work together as a team.

The hardest part about my job is keeping up with the workload and the shifting priorities.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility I have to attend the gym on site as well as the health benefits.
Pros
Overall good managers to work with and good benefits
Cons
Constant system changes and the addition of work without additional resources
Great Company to Work for
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD5 June 2016
This company is a great place to work. Plenty opportunity to move around the company. Great people to work with. The company does work you long hours but compensate you for the hard work.
Former site
Scientist (Former Employee) –  California29 April 2016
former site (now closed) was fun to work at with friendly coworkers, interesting work, and fun social events. Small size of site made for easy communication between coworkers
Fast Paced
Global Business Analyst - Finance (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD15 April 2016
Good place to work but priorities were constantly changing in an attempt to reduce cost. Too many organizational changes in the past two years.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Had to work late nights, weekends and holidays to keep up with the workload.
Great Place to Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania8 April 2016
Great company, great people, wonderful products
The company really cares about the best interest of customers
The management is very fair and thoughtful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedImmune. Our community is ready to answer.