Medtronic
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Medtronic Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
ok
reasonable training and preparation
middle management questions remain to be answered

Working here is like trying to turn an aircraft carrier and not all the engines are working well
Productive and fun workplace.
I really enjoyed my time at Medtronic. The role was challenging yet rewarding, the employees and management were great; helpful and approachable. The facilities were also excellent.
Boys Club
Fantastic products and global culture of saving lives. Amazing product innovation driven by engineers in global therapy hubs. Unfortunately, during my time there, ANZ leadership was appalling. Many cases of bullying, infidelity, 'jobs for the boys', taking credit for others' work. And also unfortunately, redundancies were an everyday tool for meeting EBIT targets... No care, whatsoever, for people's livelihoods, careers or future. HR were complicit and 100% part of that strategy... basically useless for the average employee.
Realistic Expectations
Globally a very strong company with good, long-term career potential. However, with their size does come an extremely corporate culture that can be challenging for some. Recent business model adjustments have forced a (negative) change in company culture/ behavior. The potential is still for a strong, rewarding career, but understanding the environment will help with navigating the challenges.
Excellent place to work
I really enjoyed working at Medtronic. The management looked after us and consistently provided proper training. It was a great work environment where the entire team helped each other in- and out- of office.
Pros
Free lunches when we hit targets, comfortable and modern work facilities, new technology, great tech support
Cons
Not close to the CBD
Cutting edge tech
Working at Medtronic as a BDM and prior to that as a sales consultant I was exposed to various facets of the healthcare industry and feel the time was integral to my development as a professional.
A Challenging large multinational Matrix organisation
A great Vision and exceptional products but a challenging environment to work in. Working in the Healthcare sector is very rewarding but being part of a large centrally controlled matrix organisation with conflicting targets means it is difficult to get things done.
Pros
Good salary and benefits, great products
Cons
Long Hours, conflicting priorities, unachievable targets
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Medtronic?