Megaport
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Megaport Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
GENUINE work from home policy, and I am enabled with the technology to easily do so. My manager is one of a kind and I am loving working for this person. I am learning a lot and am given autonomy to take on more challenging projects as I feel comfortable.

Performance Reviews are actually useful conversations and not an overly intense formal process that is more fear based than anything (as I have experienced at other companys).

The executive team has had some turnover in the last 12 months but they appear to be a unified team. They are relatively young and agile. Not 'stuck in their ways' kind of people.

The CEO is a genuinely good guy who is really enthusiastic about what we do. The founder is the real deal.

The company is in a growth phase and it's an exciting time to be a part of it.
Pros
HQ location, modern environment, bring your dog to work day, free drinks & snacks, free barista coffee
Cons
Open plan office & lack of meeting rooms for private / quiet work - however, can work from home easily
A great company, cutting edge technology and a strong value proposition to the market. Be expected to be led along with promises of career growth. There are no guarantees and the leadership (below CEO) is immature. Would be nice to see new management talent that have experience that can take the business to a new level.
Pros
Flexibility - work from home
Cons
Inexperienced Management
One of the few organisations I've worked for where your team mates look interested and motivated when they arrive at work in the morning.There is always a buzz about what's going on.

The action is fast paced and everybody knows how their role is important to the rest of the company. There are no micro-managers, it's up to individuals to self organise and get the job done.

Being an international org, there's the occasional unusual hours and travel, but you get to work for with great talent from around the planet.
Pros
Let off steam with Nerf wars or a free local coffee.
Cons
Everything needs doing yesterday
Love the people, variety of the role, the everyday challenges that a company in our industry is up against every day. As pioneers in our industry, we all love working towards a common goal:" being the leaders in connectivity, connecting everyone to everything" and have a lot of fun along the way!

It takes a lot of hard work and energy but definitely worthwhile if you're the type who wants to make a difference!

Everyone can make a difference at Megaport and people are valued for their efforts.
Pros
Free barrista coffee, bring your dog to work day, birthdays off and a fun atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, communication amongst teams not always the best but improving.
Working for a start up global IT company was amazing. Everyday there was something to organise and manage. Megaport's roadshows were always overseas in America and New Zealand.

Organising events and Launch Parties global was always a good challenge. I learnt how to deal with management and ensuring the companies goals were being met everyday.
Pros
Travel
Cons
hmmmm...There wasn't