Melbourne City Mission
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Melbourne City Mission Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
I volunteered here as a science tutor, and had a great time helping high school teachers with their homework and preparation for their tests and assignments.
Bad culture and poor support of staff very unethical behavior and attitude from the top down. Absolutely no care concern or regard for clients exposing them to potential harm.
Pros
Cons
Leaving fast
up for anything loing for another scene like ur job wanting a night shift or weekend work im well good and proper . willing to learn willingto travel anything goes
Melbourne city mission is a great place to wirk and get a lot of support and on going training for sraff. Good pay and healthy work ethics. I worked with the organization for over 1year and still working with them but wanted to explore other area of mental health so i am looking forward to something more challenging.
Great place to work- great managers that give good feedback. The culture is positive and everyone is friendly, You have the freedom to work on your own terms
nice people and clients great programs and easy to access client information needed. management easy to communicate with via email, phone or face to face.
Fun experience excellent learning experience.
Clients good fun and a pleasure to work with and care for.

Management not always supportive of staff below supervisory level.

Training was good.

A typical day would be mornings make serve up breakfasts organise clients today bags help with washing clients dressing clients.

If a placement day have them ready to go if an holiday or weekend instigate plans for visits trips entertainment.

Evenings make meals with clients if able and willing to participate.

Help with bathing has required.

Get ready for bed and help to bed if required.

Give medications .

Arrange dental and medical visits.

If in hospital arrange visits.

Meet with parents and next of kin to review care strategies.
Pros
Good fun and rewarding
Cons
hard work and stressful
fun and very productive and good values and great work enviroment, love helping people. Very approachable company and supportive.
Pros
RDO monthly
Cons
I will say both positives and negatives of working for this company.
Very hit and miss here. Some people are very lovely and work well in a team, whereby others do not (maybe too busy) and there was one girl I worked with when you said good morning to her she wouldn't say anything and would give you the silent treatment. Flexible on hours which is good so you can plan other commitments that for sure. I liked that aspect of the flexibility in the role. Salary is in line with industry standards, I've seen other roles in other companies give higher rates. A big organisation that has room to improve, grow and advance into other roles or higher levels in job opportunities. Worked in a team which had a stand-over worker who secretly bullied me. On reflection, I wish I had the confidence to report her. Car parking can be hard as locations are city or inner city but great for public transport users. Management is good and support you well. Lots of personal development if you like that kind of stuff.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
some workers unfriendly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Melbourne City Mission?