Melbourne Sports Institute
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Melbourne Sports Institute Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
not enough shifts available at the moment, apparently the season ahs already started or something and not too many shifts can be offered, but other than that all good
It's easier to coordinate and have a good work-life balance working over here. Also, very friendly coaches to work with. Information and available shifts for coaching sessions are passed on well.
Great team with plenty of opportunities to work and also grow in a sporting and education environment. Competitive rates are always offered along with accessible and convenient work place opportunities.
Good for students who want to earn some extra cash. Have a lot of opportunities but need some sort of accreditation for most of them. Working with children check is a must.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Accreditation needed for most jobs
As a pre-service teacher who has a passion for basketball, I was elated to find a job which combined my two favourite things. Multiple jobs are always available, meaning you can always find something to do and meet new children who want to learn how to play a variety of sports. If you like to coach, and can run training sessions, I highly recommend.
Pros
Easy to manage jobs with uni, can coach practically any sport you favour
Cons
Time between jobs can be long
My overall review of MSI is that i enjoy working for them, going to SEDA Sports for the last two years of my schooling set me up well for a job like this, working with kids in sport is something i love doing.
Pros
Fun & keeps me active
Cons
Not something i can do long term
Enjoy working with students of various age groups, assisting in their growth not only the chosen sport, but in life skills such as working effectively in a team, being punctual to appointments, reliable nature.

Great to be able to work around Melbourne in different areas and seeing how schools are run differently in certain areas.

An overall great experience with minimal complaints to make.
Pros
Getting paid to coach sports which I love to do.
Cons
Mainly Casual basis and only during Primary & Secondary school terms.
Coaching children between the ages of 13-17 year olds for a couple hours a day. I learnt how to be a better public speaker and how to show authority.

Management was ok, made a few mistakes but it seemed like they learnt from them quickly. I didn't really have co-workers was an independent coach.

Hardest part was learning names and earning the respect of the children. Seeing how much fun they are having was defiantly most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Got paid for teaching something i love
Cons
Travel