Melbourne Water
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Melbourne Water Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
Too many internal restructures and work outsourced.

Experienced staff are made redundant.

Very less training are provided due to budget constraints.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements.
Cons
Too many restructures and new managers.
I loved working at Melbourne Water - thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I managed a rather large IT project and also the website upgrade. I only left as my contract had finished and there was no new projects on the horizon to sustain a contractor like me. I would go back in a heart beat and know I would be welcomed back. Awesome group of people too. They care about about their resources as much as they do their customers and the environment and their mission statement - all exceptionally well.
Great place to work on real life problems and analytical applications for problem solving. The work culture is very decent for any person to join the team. Highly educated and intelligent employees.
The working culture is quite good.I really enjoyed working over there.i have learnt a lot in MW.Learnt new technologies and preocess while working over there.
I was only there on a short contract but DXC were very professional and everyone got on well, if there was an option to stay longer then I would of taken it, but due to offshore takeover there was not much anyone could do.
Pros
coffee shop down stairs, close to Marvel Stadium
Cons
long walk from southern cross train station when its raining and cold
Was great place to work until Wood Group took over our area. The Management at Wood Group are Undermining and Toxic. Currently looking for a new job as Wood Group are doing nothing about the Toxic Management.
Pros
Was Great
Cons
New Management have Ruined a Great Workplace
Working outside, with good team members and leaders. A typical day at work will be arriving onsite 7:30 am, getting assigned to a job, with at least one permanent worker on each job. A wide variety of jobs which is perfect for me
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Worked as a marketing executive door to door basis for acquiring customer feedback on using the new products provided by the company.

Time was flexible as requested by the management.
Self motivated so pleased to be given recognition for achievements.
Staff listen and respond.

Very welcoming environment.
Pros
Able to adjust working schedules around workers shifts and requirements. and
Cons
Subject to outdoor weather and conditions
Very Enjoyable and learning days with great co workers who make sure you learn not just about the job related stuff but about the environment of Melbourne.

There was no hard part of the job because everything was so enjoyable.
Pros
Great co Workers
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Melbourne Water?
-Learnt about management
-Learnt water resource techniques
Pros
Great benefits and flexibility
Cons
Can be hard to be a promotion
Great place. Learnt a lot about Melbourne Water and having the resposiblities and being challenges made the job very interesting
Cons
Meeting new people
Working an alternate weekly roster, either 8 - 4:30 or 9 - 5:30.

Working as a 2 person team with little need for instruction from our manager as my colleague and I worked well together to make sure all our work was completed in a timely and a most courteous manner.

On the 8:00am start we arrived at 7:30am to sort newspapers in to departments ready for collection and the post was collected.

Main entrance door was opened ready for business, meeting a greeting guests, staff, postal service companies and catering companies. Advising all staff of guests and deliveries in a timely manner.

We changed positions after lunch, the afternoon was spent assisting the Supply team with invoices and scanning, collection of outgoing mail from 6 floors, franked ready for collection by Australian Postal Service

On the 9 O'clock shift, the mail was opened, sorted and delivered over the 6 floors of the building, outgoing mail from the previous evening was collected and franked.

Telephone calls were taken throughout the day either from staff, members or the general public or other Water Companies.

I enjoyed all aspects of my job role and was very sorry when it was time to leave. I have been given a very good 'recommendation to employ' letter from my manager.
Pros
Great pension scheme, advancement to other areas possible
Cons
Great place to work. Amazing working culture, very good job security, very competitive wages and benefits.