Melbourne Water Employee Reviews

Was Great until Wood Group
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn VIC19 November 2018
Was great place to work until Wood Group took over our area. The Management at Wood Group are Undermining and Toxic. Currently looking for a new job as Wood Group are doing nothing about the Toxic Management.
Pros
Was Great
Cons
New Management have Ruined a Great Workplace
Productive work culture
Project Firefighter - Summer Fire Crew (Former Employee) –  Healesville VIC7 January 2018
Working outside, with good team members and leaders. A typical day at work will be arriving onsite 7:30 am, getting assigned to a job, with at least one permanent worker on each job. A wide variety of jobs which is perfect for me
Pros
Work environment
Worked as a Marketing Executive
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia5 April 2017
Worked as a marketing executive door to door basis for acquiring customer feedback on using the new products provided by the company.

Time was flexible as requested by the management.
Great people to work with
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC27 October 2016
Self motivated so pleased to be given recognition for achievements.
Staff listen and respond.
Very welcoming environment.
Pros
Able to adjust working schedules around workers shifts and requirements. and
Cons
Subject to outdoor weather and conditions
Productive and fun company with table tennis
Civil Labourer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC13 December 2015
Very Enjoyable and learning days with great co workers who make sure you learn not just about the job related stuff but about the environment of Melbourne.

There was no hard part of the job because everything was so enjoyable.
Pros
Great co Workers
Cons
Great place to learn and have flexibility
Water Resource Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia10 February 2014
-Learnt about management
-Learnt water resource techniques
Pros
Great benefits and flexibility
Cons
Can be hard to be a promotion
Very challengings working for the CEO of Melbourne Water
Melbourne Water General Manager Sewerage (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC8 December 2013
Great place. Learnt a lot about Melbourne Water and having the resposiblities and being challenges made the job very interesting
Cons
Meeting new people
A great place to spend 5 days a week
Receptionist/Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC1 December 2013
Working an alternate weekly roster, either 8 - 4:30 or 9 - 5:30.

Working as a 2 person team with little need for instruction from our manager as my colleague and I worked well together to make sure all our work was completed in a timely and a most courteous manner.

On the 8:00am start we arrived at 7:30am to sort newspapers in to departments ready for collection and the post was collected.
Main entrance door was opened ready for business, meeting a greeting guests, staff, postal service companies and catering companies. Advising all staff of guests and deliveries in a timely manner.
We changed positions after lunch, the afternoon was spent assisting the Supply team with invoices and scanning, collection of outgoing mail from 6 floors, franked ready for collection by Australian Postal Service

On the 9 O'clock shift, the mail was opened, sorted and delivered over the 6 floors of the building, outgoing mail from the previous evening was collected and franked.

Telephone calls were taken throughout the day either from staff, members or the general public or other Water Companies.

I enjoyed all aspects of my job role and was very sorry when it was time to leave. I have been given a very good 'recommendation to employ' letter from my manager.
Pros
Great pension scheme, advancement to other areas possible
Amazing place to work
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC20 February 2013
Great place to work. Amazing working culture, very good job security, very competitive wages and benefits.