Menulog

Menulog Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD7 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

QLD pay is about half of NSW

Massive pay drop in Qld compared to NSW for same workload.Almost half the pay for similar distance to and from restaurant to customer.Good flexibility to choose hours that suit.Enjoy the style of work, but hard to live on financially and run a car.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

If you're desperate and anything will do, then Menulog is okay.

After petrol cost, if you drive for several hours, you will make around $12-$15 per hour. Restaurants frequently keep you waiting, sometimes you can see your order on the preparation counter and the waiters are just not bringing it to you. Some restaurants like "The Schnitz" insist you wait outside and then forget you're there and your pay (which is per delivery) plummets every minute you wait. The support doesn't exist and you are NOT paid for time waiting. If you factor in the wear and tear on your car and tyres, you make almost nothing. They are desperate for drivers because it is so bad, everyone leaves.

Good side hustle

I found working at menulog to be an easy side hustle that earns you a decent amount. Most days I will be earning an average of slightly above $30 an hour. Occasionally there will be a wait time at a restaurant but apart from that been quite breezy and the support team have been helpful throughout. Pick your own hours and can cancel shifts whenever you want. The incentives over Christmas were happily received. Would recommend

Pros

Decent pay Pick your own hours Enjoyable

Cons

Not good as a full time job

Absolutely horrible pay

Average $8-$14 per delivery depending on your area**, no guarantee of amount of deliveries, bonuses decrease as the fuel prices go up, and you cannot completely choose your working times, as only certain times are considered peak, so unless you work those hours, good luck earning anything above $5-10 an hour. Plus have to pay to start (including a background check -even if you already have one & an expensive $40 thermo bag). I am only still doing working here so I can live on at least $100 per week!!

Pros

Timetable

Cons

Poor pay, expensive to start up, no minimum wage for hours worked, expensive to keep up with fuel and services & insurance

Always have wrong pay with Menulog

The Menulog system for courier driver is very funny, the earnings in Menulog always changed after their weekly finalising, always found with missing orders, I realised for a few times, talked to the team, they are very perfunctory, just replying that I’ve never have that order, given I didn’t have any evidence, so I can’t do anything. At the last time, I screenshot every order I’ve completed and found again with missing completed order after their finalisation, I raise this issue and provided the evidence to the team and claim, the support team ignores my evidence and keeps saying I’ve never been to the restaurant. If I never been to the restaurant, how can I get the evidence showing that I’ve completed that order. Very horrible company to work for, exploit the transit pay from the employee by changing the system record.

Very flexible, great for students

Menulog is so flexible. My area has been so busy so there is always shifts available. You get paid how much you work, so if you put in the effort it will be worth it.Best to use a very fuel economic car, that way it wont cost so much to drive around.

Pros

flexible

Cons

possibility of not recieving orders

Make it yours

I've worked for menulog for 2 weeks now. Really enjoying it. I have another full time job but we are expecting our first baby soon and I started driving for menulog for some extra money coming in.I'm really liking it.The application process was easy. Pay for a background check and a menulog courier bag and away you go. The app is brilliant. Very user friendly. You can set your availability and be assigned shifts, or pick the shifts you want to do from the list for each day. And you can do custom shifts if you're "available" and they need an extra driver for a bit.The pay is decent and more or less commission-based. Paid for your driving distance/time. If you're waiting at a restaurant for an order you will be compensated for that too. Sometimes there can be a bit of a wait between orders so switch off your car and read a book or something so you're not wasting fuel.So I am loving working with menulog and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to earn a bit of extra cash. Set your own hours and make it yours.

Pros

Flexibility, good pay, be your own boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menulog. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Menulog with