Menulog

Menulog Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC6 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Do not work for them

You don't get paid enough money to pay for fuelThey will block your account if you say 1 wrong thing to themMenulog are greedy and charge the restaurant, couriers and people ordering

Pros

Cons

Working when other people are socialising, cost of fuel

Better than uber

It pays better than uber and has better customer service. It also pays for restaurant wait time although the amount paid is just peanut but at least it cares for drivers wait time.

Menulog is cheat.

They paid really good initially. Once they got enough drivers they had drastically reduced the average pay and claim that the pay is still the same. But it’s very evident that they are just paying too less for our services and cheating the drivers. The system assigns orders with wrong distance so they can pay less and they are very adamant to accept that.

Pros

Shifts

Cons

Low pay, outright cheats

Worst company to work with

I have been working with them for couple of months, and they used to encourage drivers to place as much availability as they can to get shifts, but eventually now they ended up with no shifts over last two to three months. Apart from this worst, unethical so called professional people working at the support end not trained or educated enough by Menulog management to respond to drivers or to provide any helpful support. When I inquired about more shifts the respond came, "We told you the nothing guaranteed" which they always quoted as half part. This never clarified that you won't be able to get any shifts over months. Over phone and then through email, when sent a detailed about issue of not getting shifts or not assigned any more shifts they simply answered they can do nothing about it and your zone is full of courier drivers. The deliver partner or service games they have been pulling is: they attract drivers in the beginning with some incentives (which they don't offer anymore, but some of delivery drivers who I met in resturants while waiting for food, they informed that if a new driver signed up with them he/she gets whole week shifts for months and months as we used to had, but they ended up in same way after 2 months). If you look up at job posting and advertisment for signing up with them as courier driver which you can find over every single platform of job advert is just for month. They asked you to invest in them with some dollars which is again expensive compared to other deliveries app for thermal bag. Then, they will offer you a month with job consistency -

Pros

Nothing that can appreciate other than deliver rate for only one month

Cons

Worst company policy, worst management, no work or shifts, rude and unethical people

Official response from Menulog

5 December 2018
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Menulog. We are really sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Menulog - We're committed to providing the best experience for our entire network, including courier partners.The benefit of working as an independent contractor on the Menulog network is the flexibility that comes with setting availability. Naturally, due to the nature of the industry, the availability of delivery runs during this time varies depending on a number of factors, including order volume and other external influences. The allocation of delivery runs are based around your availability as a courier, your runs will always be scheduled within your selected hours of availability, as such we encourage our courier partners to have as open availability as possible. Please also keep in mind that you can pick up available runs in the Courier App at any time. Menulog places utmost importance on customer and courier safety, which is why all couriers must have a commercial grade hot food bag, amongst other requirements, in order to gain access to the Menulog network. Menulog allows couriers to use whichever commercial grade hot food bag is available to them and does not dictate that this is purchased from Menulog. Our team is highly trained and will always endeavour to find solutions for any issue communicated. As always, our team would be more than happy to discuss these issues with your directly. If you could provide your details (Name, phone number and the email address associated with your courier account) to questions@menulog.com a -

Need to arrange the timetable a week prior. Not like Uber you cannot do deliveries whenever you pleased. Income was good. But if they have more time flexibility that would be great for workers

Not enough work plus a rude courier support staff.

I was available to work morning and evening for the whole week and when I got the roster I only got one three hour shift on wednesday evening. I tried to call the courier support and had a chat with a member to discuss. She was rude and arrogant. The response I received from her included "You are lucky that you got one shift" and "We have a lot of couriers in your zone". If you cannot offer work to all then simply stop hiring when you reach enough courier drivers to fulfill the demand. You are also supposed to keep checking your app to find extra work opportunities, like keep checking it 24*7 as if you have nothing else to do in life.

Cons

Rude staff..... Tiniest amount of work available.

Official response from Menulog

5 December 2018
Hi thereThanks for the feedback. Our hours of operation for restaurant delivery and courier partners is 11am - 10pm.The allocation of delivery runs are based around your availability as a courier, your runs will always be scheduled within your selected hours of availability, as such we encourage our courier partners to have as open availability schedule as possible. Please also keep in mind that you can pick up available runs in the Courier App at any time - You do not need to check this 24/7 as long as push notifications from the courier app are enabled in your phones software settings.We're committed to providing the best experience for our entire network, including courier partners. As always, our team would be more than happy to discuss these issues with your directly. If you could provide your details (Name, phone number and the email address associated with your courier account) to questions@menulog.com a member of the team will reach out as soon as possible.- Menulog Courier Success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menulog. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Menulog with