Menulog

Menulog Employee Reviews for Courier Driver

Courier Driver20 reviews
Australia20 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Alright company if you just need some money and don't have any work experience.

Started here in august last year (leaving now), hiring process is relatively straight forward and easy which is good.For the actual work its got some perks such as that you can choose your own hours (assuming there are open shifts) which is great if you need flexible hours.The main issues however are that you have to spend around 4-5$ p.h. in maintanence/fuel and you also often have to deal with extended waits on orders at restaurants with little to no remuneration.Overall assuming there is sufficient work + speed in orders in the area you can make 31$ an hour however this is before costs. (mileage may vary)It should be understood however that despite the decent pay there is next to no career advancement opportunities (you can't even get a reference) and would suggest this be treated as such.p.s. Invest in a battery bank/charger as the courier app drains charge quickly

Pros

Flexibility, easy application, straightforward work

Cons

Unstable workloads, COVID risk, little job advancement

Awesome side job!

I’m a stay at home mum and it’s been great contributing a bit of money to our family income. I love being able to set my own schedule and pick up extra hours when available. My favourite part is being able to be in my car alone (with no kids) and listen to music, it honestly feels more like a break than work! Pay works out to be roughly $25/hour (not considering fuel)

Pros

Set your own hours, average pay

Do not work for them

You don't get paid enough money to pay for fuelThey will block your account if you say 1 wrong thing to themMenulog are greedy and charge the restaurant, couriers and people ordering

Pros

Cons

Working when other people are socialising, cost of fuel

Absolutely horrible pay

Average $8-$14 per delivery depending on your area**, no guarantee of amount of deliveries, bonuses decrease as the fuel prices go up, and you cannot completely choose your working times, as only certain times are considered peak, so unless you work those hours, good luck earning anything above $5-10 an hour. Plus have to pay to start (including a background check -even if you already have one & an expensive $40 thermo bag). I am only still doing working here so I can live on at least $100 per week!!

Pros

Timetable

Cons

Poor pay, expensive to start up, no minimum wage for hours worked, expensive to keep up with fuel and services & insurance

Always have wrong pay with Menulog

The Menulog system for courier driver is very funny, the earnings in Menulog always changed after their weekly finalising, always found with missing orders, I realised for a few times, talked to the team, they are very perfunctory, just replying that I’ve never have that order, given I didn’t have any evidence, so I can’t do anything. At the last time, I screenshot every order I’ve completed and found again with missing completed order after their finalisation, I raise this issue and provided the evidence to the team and claim, the support team ignores my evidence and keeps saying I’ve never been to the restaurant. If I never been to the restaurant, how can I get the evidence showing that I’ve completed that order. Very horrible company to work for, exploit the transit pay from the employee by changing the system record.

Very flexible, great for students

Menulog is so flexible. My area has been so busy so there is always shifts available. You get paid how much you work, so if you put in the effort it will be worth it.Best to use a very fuel economic car, that way it wont cost so much to drive around.

Pros

flexible

Cons

possibility of not recieving orders

Make it yours

I've worked for menulog for 2 weeks now. Really enjoying it. I have another full time job but we are expecting our first baby soon and I started driving for menulog for some extra money coming in.I'm really liking it.The application process was easy. Pay for a background check and a menulog courier bag and away you go. The app is brilliant. Very user friendly. You can set your availability and be assigned shifts, or pick the shifts you want to do from the list for each day. And you can do custom shifts if you're "available" and they need an extra driver for a bit.The pay is decent and more or less commission-based. Paid for your driving distance/time. If you're waiting at a restaurant for an order you will be compensated for that too. Sometimes there can be a bit of a wait between orders so switch off your car and read a book or something so you're not wasting fuel.So I am loving working with menulog and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to earn a bit of extra cash. Set your own hours and make it yours.

Pros

Flexibility, good pay, be your own boss

Scam

They offer incentives for drivers that if you complete x amount of deliveries between 4pm and 10pm, for example, you will receive $20 bonus. I completed this task, yet they won't pay me this bonus. I have chased them down regarding this, but they ignored me.

Pros

Only do this if you are on the brink of starvation.

Cons

Low pay, non existent support, offer you bonuses and incentives, but never pay them

As a driver, you're just a number

I really enjoyed my few months driving for Menulog, sure a lot of the other drivers whinged and moaned about things but it seemed ok to me, not a career but great extra money. However, one tiny mistake and you'll be dismissed without any hesitation, as a number of other drivers I knew had been. It seems if you were to be working in their head office in Sydney you're actually valued as part of their business, but as a courier you're simply the lowest of the low and get treated as such, even highly educated people get treated like they're doormats. Good job to try, but make sure you read very carefully their courier contract before you start out otherwise you'll be dropped without any care in the world.

Pros

Great flexibility, ability to earn OK month

Cons

Management couldn't give a toss about you and your life, you're just a number to them.

Worst Customer Service and lack of jobs

Menulog has the worst customer/courier service. Never replies to emails or phone calls regarding the application of courier driver jobs. I had applied to them more than 2 months ago, still no replies, and doesn’t respond to emails and calls regarding application are simply disconnected by a pre-recorded message. I paid 80 dollars for the applications, 40 for background check and 40 for thermal bag. There is no refund, no delivery of thermal bag or even a job offer. I do not know how much money they earn by all the rejected job applications. Terrible service and work ethics. Would not recommend anyone to pay for the bag early on application because you may not get it.

Cons

Poor customer support service team

Menulog courier has the poorest customer service support among all other businesses in WA. They will never respond to your email or phone call. Menulog cheats by saying that they offer you courier job in your area but as soon as you pay for background check they will say that it’s not possible in your area. They are the worst business in WA that I have ever found. I have rated 1 star here but that is too much that I am giving them. Guys don’t ever go for menulog even by mistake also. It’s a waste of money and time

Appalling

Not a company i would recommend as they have no work ethic at all. They do not help drivers in tricky situations where they feel a threat to deliver.

They don't care

I've worked for menulog as a courier for a few months now and cannot recommend it. At first things were okay, plenty of bonuses and things went smoothly. Over my time I've had a few issues where I drive more than 10KM distance and the app miscalculates and says 1.8KM for example. I get paid very little due to the error. Support is non existent. I emailed them several times about the issue and got outright ignored. The other night their system went down so the courier app failed. I was sitting in my car for half an hour wondering what to do. Should I go home? Is it going to be resolved soon? So I called support and waited 25 minutes on hold before finally confirming their app had an issue. After that, I paused my offers in the app and yet still received orders coming in. It was a stressful night with their app being broken. I emailed them about this too and wanted some compensation for the time wasted sitting around for their benefit. There was no compensation and there wasn't even an apology. I'm still waiting for my underpayment ticket to be answered by support and it's been 5 days since. Unless menu log decides to pay me for the correct distance and offer better support to it's workers, they can go on without me. Overall, you'll find yourself waiting around some nights for a delivery, wasting your time. Then, you might get underpaid. You won't have the help you need either. I've given this company plenty of great feedback and always worked to the best quality possible but they don't care enough about their customers or their workers. If you don't value your time and you're -

Too many drivers, not enough work, very poor system

Menulog is trying to do what Uber does but without the flexibility as benefit to the drivers - You have to set your availability and you are lucky to get 2-3 shifts per week that are 3-5 hours long - sometimes no delivery for 2 hours!? Have to use your own vehicle and pay for all insurance, registration, petrol and wear and tear - at the end of the day you make nothing. They should pay hourly wage if they want you working set shifts. Would not recommend to anyone.

Menulog is cheat.

They paid really good initially. Once they got enough drivers they had drastically reduced the average pay and claim that the pay is still the same. But it’s very evident that they are just paying too less for our services and cheating the drivers. The system assigns orders with wrong distance so they can pay less and they are very adamant to accept that.

Pros

Shifts

Cons

Low pay, outright cheats

Useful and fun

I really like working at Menulog with the exception that the pay is seasonal not very good regularly and not often enough otherwise it is a great place to work management is great and the workplace is fun and everyone is treated well

This company is the worst

They would forced you to buy their bag even if u have a bag that meets all the requirements. They recruit would not stop recruiting couriers because they want to Maximize their bags sale. This will lead to too many couries in your place and therefore very little orders received. This is a joke.

10 April 2019
Thanks for your feedback. All couriers on the Menulog network are required to carry a commercial-grade thermal food bag to ensure food is delivered safely. To make this easier for couriers, Menulog courier delivery bags are optional to purchase during the application process for AU $40. Couriers are also welcome to provide their own food delivery bag. Self-provided food delivery bags must meet commercial and Menulog standards. If you would like to discuss this further, Please provide your details (name, phone number or email address associated with courier account) to questions@menulog.com and a senior member of the team will reach out as soon as possible. - The Menulog Delivery Service team

fun job to ride around and do deliveries

" Delivering food orders to customers via motorcycle and car " Navigating GPS, picking up orders and customer service " excellent job as you can make your own hours however you don't get many shifts

Worst company to work with

I have been working with them for couple of months, and they used to encourage drivers to place as much availability as they can to get shifts, but eventually now they ended up with no shifts over last two to three months. Apart from this worst, unethical so called professional people working at the support end not trained or educated enough by Menulog management to respond to drivers or to provide any helpful support. When I inquired about more shifts the respond came, "We told you the nothing guaranteed" which they always quoted as half part. This never clarified that you won't be able to get any shifts over months. Over phone and then through email, when sent a detailed about issue of not getting shifts or not assigned any more shifts they simply answered they can do nothing about it and your zone is full of courier drivers. The deliver partner or service games they have been pulling is: they attract drivers in the beginning with some incentives (which they don't offer anymore, but some of delivery drivers who I met in resturants while waiting for food, they informed that if a new driver signed up with them he/she gets whole week shifts for months and months as we used to had, but they ended up in same way after 2 months). If you look up at job posting and advertisment for signing up with them as courier driver which you can find over every single platform of job advert is just for month. They asked you to invest in them with some dollars which is again expensive compared to other deliveries app for thermal bag. Then, they will offer you a month with job consistency -

Pros

Nothing that can appreciate other than deliver rate for only one month

Cons

Worst company policy, worst management, no work or shifts, rude and unethical people

5 December 2018
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Menulog. We are really sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Menulog - We're committed to providing the best experience for our entire network, including courier partners.The benefit of working as an independent contractor on the Menulog network is the flexibility that comes with setting availability. Naturally, due to the nature of the industry, the availability of delivery runs during this time varies depending on a number of factors, including order volume and other external influences. The allocation of delivery runs are based around your availability as a courier, your runs will always be scheduled within your selected hours of availability, as such we encourage our courier partners to have as open availability as possible. Please also keep in mind that you can pick up available runs in the Courier App at any time. Menulog places utmost importance on customer and courier safety, which is why all couriers must have a commercial grade hot food bag, amongst other requirements, in order to gain access to the Menulog network. Menulog allows couriers to use whichever commercial grade hot food bag is available to them and does not dictate that this is purchased from Menulog. Our team is highly trained and will always endeavour to find solutions for any issue communicated. As always, our team would be more than happy to discuss these issues with your directly. If you could provide your details (Name, phone number and the email address associated with your courier account) to questions@menulog.com a -

Not enough work plus a rude courier support staff.

I was available to work morning and evening for the whole week and when I got the roster I only got one three hour shift on wednesday evening. I tried to call the courier support and had a chat with a member to discuss. She was rude and arrogant. The response I received from her included "You are lucky that you got one shift" and "We have a lot of couriers in your zone". If you cannot offer work to all then simply stop hiring when you reach enough courier drivers to fulfill the demand. You are also supposed to keep checking your app to find extra work opportunities, like keep checking it 24*7 as if you have nothing else to do in life.

Cons

Rude staff..... Tiniest amount of work available.

5 December 2018
Hi thereThanks for the feedback. Our hours of operation for restaurant delivery and courier partners is 11am - 10pm.The allocation of delivery runs are based around your availability as a courier, your runs will always be scheduled within your selected hours of availability, as such we encourage our courier partners to have as open availability schedule as possible. Please also keep in mind that you can pick up available runs in the Courier App at any time - You do not need to check this 24/7 as long as push notifications from the courier app are enabled in your phones software settings.We're committed to providing the best experience for our entire network, including courier partners. As always, our team would be more than happy to discuss these issues with your directly. If you could provide your details (Name, phone number and the email address associated with your courier account) to questions@menulog.com a member of the team will reach out as soon as possible.- Menulog Courier Success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menulog. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Menulog with