Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 1,277 reviews
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 May 2019
Menzies is very flexible if you need time off, will help when they can but very strict on punctuality , great rates as you progress and friendly staff with the occasional get together events
Good rates/poor hours
Forklift Operator / Freight handler (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 February 2019
Working at Menzies is funny, not to say otherwise.
They will make you lots of promises that will never become real, the hours a pretty poor and a horrible culture, people getting promoted without even learning the basics though, the management are never at the same page, for example the Operations Manager asked me why I was not wearing uniform, I just had to remind her that they never gave me uniforms, and she got angry at me, because of that.
Well, if you are thinking about to work at Menzies, think again.

The good side of it are the coworkers, 80% of them are good people.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Almost everything
Terrible. Innefective Management.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 December 2018
Employees are micromanaged every minute of the day.
Very dog eat dog environment.
If you are a crawler or dobber, you will be rewarded, if you try your hardest - you will get walked over and ignored.
80% of employees are taking some kind of anxiety medication.
Pay is pathetic. A lot of the workforce receive approx $650 per week.
My advice? Don't go near them. I worked 3 years as check-in agent, and I am glad to be out of there.
It ended in the Fair Work Commission..... if that isn't enough to keep you away, then I wish you all the best.
You will need it.
Pros
Fellow Employees (except the snitches)
Cons
Pay. Hours. Management, Culture.
awesome place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC19 September 2018
Loved working there met alot of awesome people. Management was great very helpful when I needed help. Most enjoyable part of working for menzies was meeting and helping out customers making sure they were happy and satisfied with the service provided.
Exciting workplace
Ramp staff (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 September 2018
loading /unloading airplane
baggage handling
servicing airplane
workplace was a fun and enjoyable
hardest part was working in particular weather like 30 degree days
Pros
everyday is different
Cons
shift work
Honestly read the reviews and don’t waste your time.
Cargo Flight Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 August 2018
This was by far the worst decision of my life, leaving a reputable company to work for this cowboy of an organisation.

The training is non existant and when challenging them about lack of training and providing feedback you are given the response “you could have asked for help” after Kayla the cargo manager viewed CCTV.

It really isn’t acceptable to give someone ZERO training and put them on a counter serving airlines in the cargo division at their imports department.

By far the best thing I did was leave that organisation after one week.

Alarm bells should have rang after they offered me the job with no interview.
Pros
Cons
Management and lack of training
Fun workplace
Ground Services (Former Employee) –  Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport NSW7 February 2018
A typical day at work would be checking in passengers and their bags to flights and then meeting them at the boarding gate to board the flight. Assist also with any special needs passengers eg. elderly, wheelchair or under-age minor
I learned that everyone is different when travelling - you could be the smartest doctor but as soon as you walk in the airport doors you are a complete and utter mess, trying to catch that flight!
Workplace culture is loud and outgoing, lots of different personalities out there so sometimes lots of drama!
Hardest part would be the shift work, working crazy hours - flight delays or cancellations which are out of our control and irrate passengers not understanding weather is not controlled by airport staff.
Most enjoyable part would be meeting so many different people from all walks of life, every day is different and always fun atmosphere!
Pros
Discount in food court and some duty free items!
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours/shifts
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at Menzies Aviation and gained more experience in this field to advance my skills. The bosses and staff are great. The company overall is very organised and great pay rates.
My motivation
Baggage handler (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 September 2017
Is money and getting along with working college it was more likely casual and swapping shift I had to leave there fue to my dads death he passed away I'm looking after mum and 3 daughters
very enjoyable working in a social environment
Passenger Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC28 August 2017
My job was a check-in agent at the airport. One of my favourite jobs i worked in as it was doing the same thing everyday but getting to meet lots of different people and socializing at the same time.
Pros
working as many hours as you want, plenty of overtime if needed.
Irrational
Storeperson/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport WA3 August 2017
Mandatory Rotating Roster, 3am, 11am, 5pm start times with 10hr shift.
NO exceptions.
Management completely unreasonable. Safe work procedures required by Employees, but NO requirement to fix/improve from management.
Required to push up to four and a half ton units, often solo along roller beds. Almost a constant shortage of usable forklifts.
High requirement for security (ie. NO phones) to be used on site, no photographs etc...until one obtains full time employment (off probation) then do as you will.
Dangerous place to work, Period!
Pros
Good rate of pay IF you survive probation, 5 weeks annual leave.
Cons
Ridiculous conditions
Very good company to work for with a good culture
OSAC Manager NSW & ACT (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 May 2017
Started in 2015 and have found the company very supportive of all employees and they recognise work well done and reward their personnel accordingly I find this a real plus
Pros
Inclusive work group
Cons
Long hours occasionally
Working at the aiport
Passenger Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport NSW21 March 2017
Very Busy atmosphere at airport, aimed to serve passengers to reach the aircraft gate before departure. Learning about the different airlines and the procedures at the airport was interesting.
Keeping up with visa requirements when there r changes in laws. The management, was average, nice but require processes.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 November 2016
Every day was different, and busy enjoyed the challenges I faced specially when you come across a difficult passenger, make sure I abide by the rules of the airline and the company policies, at the same time resolve the problem and provide good customer service.
All my co-workers were helpful and supportive. Hardest part for me was the travel time for me to get to work as I lived one and half hour away.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
N/a
Lucky Dip.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Australia17 October 2016
I'm sure it's not the same everywhere, but at my workplace, the management pretend my department doesn't exist, and leave is squandering under a single dictator
Ramp Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Domestic Airport NSW1 September 2016
I enjoyed this job
I learnt bso much about
 Loading and unloading containers of baggage for aircraft uplift
 Driving of company vehicles and ramp equipment within aircraft
 Safety circle
 Maintenance of ramp service vehicles and dollies
Pros
overtime
Cons
not enough hours
checking passengers, boarding and meeting flights
Passenger Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC16 April 2016
Checking in of international passengers, adhering to visa and passport rules. Lovely co workers, shift work can be tiring, hardest part is getting up at 4. Enjoyable part of day is finishing early
Pros
lots of free time in day
Cons
very early hours
clean work envroment
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW20 March 2016
consist of daily jobs static mopping floors constant toilet checks on call with two way radio for spills ect clean food court and kitchen
Over worked under paid
Cleaner (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Holsworthy NSW7 March 2016
As stated in the Summary the work load is quite a lot and it's not that good of a pay, you need to use your own vehicle for work to drive around and there is no compensation for this.
Fun workplace, very practical
Passenger Services (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW14 January 2016
A typical day at work with Menzies Aviation at Sydney International Airport consisted of working and assisting with travelers and families as they make their way to aircraft and of on their adventures. In this role, I learned how to assist people with disabilities and how to communicate with people who are not fluent in English, how to use reservation and booking system software such as Galileo in order to check customers into their flights, how to assist people with baggage problems, and also, key information on the travel industry.

My co-workers were lovely people as they were very friendly and welcoming of me to the job. They were also very helpful if I needed assistance with any of my duties. Management was exceptional as they were very welcoming of myself to the company, and made sure I was comfortable and had the assistance I needed if I needed help.

The hardest part of the job was always being on your feet for long periods of time, walking from one side of the busy airport to the next, and then back again. Although, I must say it was very enjoyable.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at Australia's busiest airport and experience what it is like to work in the travel industry. Also, being able to communicate with people from all around the world making their way in and out of Sydney. Lastly, it was enjoyable to work with a range of different airlines such as Fiji Airways, Thai Airways, Delta Airlines, Etihad and United Airlines.
Pros
Fun working environment, working with people from around the world, working with airlines, friendly co-workers and management
Cons
No cons