Menzies School of Health Research
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Menzies School of Health Research Employee Reviews

4.7Work–Life Balance

Rewarding and exciting

Induction was very helpful with professional mentors. All staff members are equal and show respect to each other. Career opportunity is a huge advantage. Traveling to remote communities is a huge privilege. Accommodate and trace is always at high standards. I throughly enjoyed and am very grateful for all the skills and knowledge I had gain whilst working for Menzies School of Health.

Pros

Lots of travel and visiting many remote areas of the NT

Cons

Can be away from home form long length of time.

Inspiring not for profit organisation that really gives me a reason to wake up in the morning. I have been trusted and educated and exposed to a whole new world and I am very grateful. Reseacrh is so meaningful, it is the basis of everything in the modern day and it excites me to be apart of!

Amazing workplace

Menzies is such a friendly environment to work in. Lovely people, great support, and beautiful building. I loved my time at Menzies and was sad to leave.

Productive work environment emphasizing cultural sensitivity

The workplace was full of mutual accountability, cultural sensitivity, effective communication, and engaging staff. The environment was full of respect and appreciation of everyone's achievements.

productive and rewarding workplace

a typical day at work is productive, most days are challenging, but the best thing about my job is that it is rewarding. I enjoy what I do but currently looking for a change!

Pros

free morning tea

Cons

no cons

Great

Great, really flexible and lots of people to call on as resources as they are experts in their field. They have allowed me to stay on a contact list for further jobs in the future - so willing to help out

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Some mangers need some training

Engaging and pro-active with community.

Work at Menzies varied from health research to presenting health information to all ages and backgrounds, from school kids to construction companies. From my time at Menzies I personally gained knowledge about my health and where it should be at. I worked amongst Doctors and trainees and learnt a whole lot from them all. In terms of management, I was in charge of creating a audience engaging workshop and adding that to the many educational activities that Menzies offer. It was a complete success and they still use this workshop in their health labs today. Overall my most enjoyable time with Menzies was National Science Week in Alice Springs. The place as well as the community and out communities was really awesome.

Pros

Free Health Check up

Cons

Doing my own BMI

great work life balance

Menzies is a great place to work, with a culture of team work and motivation. It brings out the best in employees and every body has a can-do attitude

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies School of Health Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6

Menzies School of Health Research Reviews by Location

• Menzies School of Health Research
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?