Mercer Employee Reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 1,121 reviews
Friendly and fun relationship during lunch out.
Imaging Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 March 2019
Very busy and fast paced environment. Developed relationship with support divisions. Management was excellent, work place was fun. Tough days happened when there were issues with the system and the scanning machine which happened due to heavy volume of document processing. Nevertheless job was fun when everyone is getting involved in meeting the Service Level Agreement.
Pros
Birthdays morning tea
Cons
Very busy and fast paced type of job.
Look-elsewhere.
Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 March 2019
Typical day at work:
You never know what kind of day it is depending on the system and the mood of the environment. The technology is outdated & slow. It's just a mediocre environment to surround yourself in.
What I've learned:
Every year it's the same excuses about not meeting targets and budgets. They say they care about their people even though you demonstrate your best efforts, they always ask you to do more and not recognizing your hard work. No mention of pay increases here.
Management:
Micro managing exists here and there's favoritism in the air. The managers and team leaders don't really know what they're doing as they always change things around without explaining why. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
Hardest part of the job:
Honestly, coming in and asked to do more without providing training, understanding,support and also not showing you're valued.
Most enjoyable part of the job:
Pay day and Friday afternoons.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch
Cons
Stressful environment
Insipid leadership
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 February 2019
Many great people work at Mercer Australia, and they are continually frustrated by leadership's inability to make long term decisions. Maybe it's the NYSE reporting cycle, maybe it's because they haven't learned to stand up to New York's demands. Either way, it's leading the organisation down the path of irrelevance as competitors innovate and build for the long term..
Good secure organisation
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 September 2018
Lots of good working relationships achieved here. I enjoyed working for this organisation over the past 10 years. Due death of spouse, I have had to re-locate to a regional area.
Work life balance
Administration Superannuation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW20 January 2018
There is a need to do extra hours at times to enable KPI's to be met there is a need for work life balance also to prevent burn out in any job.I believe if you have a flexible manager, then they will get the best out of their staff
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Longer hours in time of need
fast moving industry
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney CBD8 October 2015
I have learnt new knowledge in fund management and consulting business. Friendly work colleague and great company culture.
Workflow Co-ordinator
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC4 September 2012
As the Team Leader responsible for managing my colleagues workflow, I learned that not each member responds in the same way to simple encouragement or that external pressures brought about can have impacts on the morale of the team,
Pros
developing my colleagues & learning how to be a great team leader
Cons
long hours, being unappreciated for my efforts