Mercy Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

18: Mercy Health Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Give 110% but dont expect to be valued. Too much management and general staff turnover. Poor education support. Intense micromanagement.

Multiple senior management changes, inexperienced leaders and old, cumbersome systems and processes. Too many chiefs and micromanagement is rife. Speak up at your own peril.

Pros

Many colleagues exceptional

Cons

Too much turnover of senior leaders, systems and processes counter productive.

Stressful and on supportive environment

Stressful Over workedUnder paidDisrespectedManagement are angry and have bullied staff and never put staff first and are always telling you that your not good enough

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Unsupported environment

Not recommend

Very chaotic towards clients and personal If I had now this before I would never applied for this job People almost run away I was there for 3 months and people just left all the time No support from anyone

I feel so sorry for the Residents

Senior Management do NOT walk around and talk to Staff or Residents to see how things are running or if anyone has any queries or help or advise. PCA's just do their job, if THAT. They do not take time to talk to the Residents or be polite to them. The food served to the Residents is cheap and is worse than school camp food. Floors are always dirty and the Mercy Place Residence looks tired and unloved.

Cons

Good work/life balance vs endemic bullying from HR and upper mgt and pressure in increasing caseloads

Good work/life balance but lack of communication, transparency and support from upper management means there is constant pressure to deal with changes/expectations and to increase client caseloads which is unsustainable and stressful on staff. Profit driven. A bullying approach to HR is indulged to the extent that it seems strategic. This leaves staff feeling devalued and demoralised.

Pros

Work/life balance, hardworking client facing staff

Cons

Inhumane HR, lack of upper management support, unsustainable client caseloads, low pay

Co-operative and friendly work environment

Working at Mercy was the most pleasurable job until now.All the staffs were supportive and had good communication Management was also good and highly professional

Mercy place Shepparton is a poor place to work

Poor work environment all male senior staff have thoughts they are better than women and show no respect to women HR are useless some PCA think they run the facility especially night duty and those that have spent most of their working life there If your young and pretty males will love you

Poor management culture, not enough staff

Not enough staff so unsafe, patients do not get best care. Very bad management they don't care if afternoon shift struggles with patients coming back to the ward from surgery, very dangerous, don't risk your registration

Pros

free parking

Cons

not enough staff

Standard Aged Care Workplace

Standard Work hours and shift changes Excellent standard of care Communication is fairly good Deals with complaints and feedback within a week Staff are friendly and approachable

Poor

Work culture poor , bullying , work load for one person on ten acre site to much , residents were the only good reason to work there, done my best epipment breakages due to age .

Pros

Residents

Cons

way to much work.

New start

Previously Mercy Health was known has Southerncross Care ( VIC), worked there for 14 years, just resently become Mercy Health, has been taken over. Felt very happy previously, management were friendly, now i dont feel they care. A lot of changes, like we will no longer wear uniforms, to look presentable. Hopefully it will become better

Bundaberg Mater Hospital had a great working environment with friendly coworkers and management who were always willing to help and accommodate if I needed it. Lovely workplace and lovely people.

Approach to care

Good values and philosophy of care. Provides high standard of care. Listens to the concerns of resident and their families. Encourages teamwork and friendly work environment.

excellent company and staff members

Excellent team to work with.Excellent training and support.Supported clients 1 on 1 in various day to day activities.Is a company well established and provides excellent support to staff.

Pleasant work environment and great teamwork

My typical day at work entails, scanning and saving documents to the delegated file paths. Writing up word docs for cover letters. Attend to emails as required. Charging clients with ongoing fees. Use of Excel daily with keeping track of filed documents. Filing, printing etc Have learned a great deal around aged care processes in Accounts Receivable. Great workplace culture on the AR team, with a positive vibe, being compassionate and hospitable. At the moment we are migrating to a new financial system, which can be very challenging. The team I work with, along with helping and assisting each other is the most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

non for profit, salary packaging

Friendly Atmosphere

Willingness to help others. Constant encouragement throughout my performances. Good conversations with the elderly. Making their day within the facility was always a nice feeling.

productive workplace

i like to be busy and challenged, to see a resident smile makes my day. i am willing and often do go beyond my work role e.g helping kitchen staff or helping cleaners etc. i have gained much confidence working at mercy health and have also gained much knowledge. i report immediately to managment risks, changes with residents and contribute to improving the residents lives to make it more enriching.

Good company to work for.

Matching the right carers to clients, answering phones & delivering quality Customer Services to Clients & Case Managers. I have learned all about the aged care industry. The hardest part of my job is when carers decline shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I allocate a perfect match to clients & I receive positive feedback from the Case Managers.

Pros

able to take time away from the office for personal appointments

Cons

staying back to finish my tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mercy Health