Meriton Suites

16: Meriton Suites Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews

2.7Work–Life Balance

Employee comradery is the only thing keeping people there, they don't allow you to be comfortable.

Shift work can often be hard to manage, weeks straight of afternoon shifts followed by mornings ruin your sleep schedule and social life. Communication from head office on major changes like credit card surcharges, changes to employee benefits is next to nill. Often times they will make a major change AND THEN tell you a week later. leaving you to figure it out for yourself. The staff benefits are abysmal, 30% discount on stays, but it can't be at your property, no meals, and a laundry allowance that doesn't even cover one jacket to be cleaned. It's a good entry level job if you're new and looking for work and decent pay but don't get comfortable, because upper management will ship you off to another hotel you did't want/ask to go to with less than a weeks notice. leaving you out of pocket for travel expenses that you weren't expecting to pay, and time you weren't expecting to lose. If you manage to find a good team, they are the only thing that keep people coming in to work, because they all understand. If you enjoy being belittled and yelled at by demanding guests, saying "yes mr.triguboff" to everything, and having your entire work life and schedule changed every 3-6 months with no say, then Meriton is for you!

Pros

The Team, weekly pay at a decent rate.

Cons

Everything else

Good

You need to work at fast pace environment. You will be given limited time to finish whole room. You are required to extra efforts very tired after 4 hours of work only

Satisfactorily

The work area is large and one need to carry trolley to clean all the floors and need to vacum mop all the floors the lift mirrors should be cleaned daily

Learn new things.

Is a good workplace to learn a new things that you might not gonna get it from other hotel, Meriton really look after the customer for the best quality.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Very clean hotel

Huge rooms & bathrooms, require 2 persons to do the rooms not 1 person. Needs lunch break Increase rate for pay A person works 8 hours & only get pay for 4 hours not right. Need to look after permanent staff instead of casuals.

Porter

Yes It can be fun most of the time also very hands on always something to do around the Hotel Property, Management are more for them selfs not really approaching as long as you get the job done Management must prove employee support on work ethics for positive feedbacks, Guest complaints is the main problem any day of the week able to provide quality service to all guest and regular clients can be the toughest thing at work, they can be good days, they can horrible days the best part about the job is a positive vibe for employees and guests to make your day better every time.

Pros

Discounts on Hotel stays

Cons

Rude Management

Productive and fun experience

Working at Meriton Suites enhanced my time management skills. The workplace was very relaxed and the team was very co-operative and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good and honest feedback about our work by the manager and the team.

Busy and stressful working environment

Management at the time was poor. Lacked support. Salary is decent however there is a lot of tasks that you normally would not do at your average hotel. Would not recommend.

Dont apply here. You will regret

NO one go there...there is not good environment to work. Manager and Staff are not friendly. Working there is too much stressfull....... I hate this place tooo muchh

They treat their staff as if we are begger and begging for money.

I did not enjoy even a single day working here. They harras employee each and every day. They call us 45 minutes before actual start time and we are not paid by hours but we are paid according to the room we finished.

giving attention to staff safety and hours

meriton suites is a one of the big property in whole australia. In sydney there is 14 property. main aim if the meriton is to provide guest satisfaction to guest including cleanliness and giving best services.it also focus on staff hours and safety.

Pros

good hours

Cons

Excellent opportunity for junior levels

Rapid expansion and growth within the Brand , allows many opportunity for young talents and line levels to fast track careers. At an executive/corporate levels, resources are not always sufficient for the pace of growth and lack of staff benefits to encourage a positive employee culture and loyalty.

Friendly environment

All the team mates are quite friemdly and helpful... There is a best coordination between the staff of meriton.. Our manager is always listen us first and provide ease to the staff while working

Pros

Provide all things on time

Cons

Cooperative management team members anf friendly working environment

Working in Meriton is fun but with many challenges and chances . If anyone has better time management skills then Meriton is for them. Every day meeting new people and interacting with them help to develop the personality skills and one can enjoy the hospitality skills.

More hours of work than one´s get paid

You start to work in the morning where we have a briefing about good reviews and complaints, what we need to pay more attention to and so on. We got then the worksheet that said what rooms we have to clean and what kind of service is asked for. It happened often that the floors did not provide all essential equipment to clean the room properly and in time because you had to go from floor to floor and look for the equipment you needed. Such as linen and bathroom utensils. The payment is minimum wage and depends on how fast you are. The time you get to clean the rooms is not enough at all. The good thing was that you can call the supervisor if the rooms was left too messy and they would help you.

Pros

Help in a room if needed

Cons

no hourly rate

Friendly co-workers

The circulation of work place is very plus point to me. That makes to increase my efficency on variety of job. Co-workers were as friendly and helpful in nature.

Pros

variation of job

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meriton Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Meriton Suites with