Merivale
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Merivale Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Fantastic Employer

Very easy interview process, great contact for inquiries, fabulous benefits, staff discounts across the board, incredible staff events. Overall fantastic workplace

Buena empresa

La empresa es líder de sydney en australia en cuanto a restaurantes se trata, es buen ambiente laboral pero algo pesado.

Pros

Buena oferta de empleo

Cons

Carga de trabajo

Its a great company with excelent service, they payment is ok. Managers can be a little bit stresful but I think hospitality in general can be like that

Overrated managers

Manager issues, job was fine, management rubbish! Do as I say, not as I do Undue pressure, getting the job done, praise from everyone else but manager who obviously knows better than anyone else!! Haha

Pros

Food

Cons

Sold as a fun company to work for but they rinse you

Sign a contract which says 38 hours and as soon as you do you are told and rostered to work 55 hours minimum. The company is too big and the pay is not great for what you do. They have a problem of over working people and as a result they burn through staff.

really fun work with senior chef as a team

As chefs also we many duties beyond the kitchen. We design the menu, review food and beverage purchases, and often train cooks and other food preparation workers. Some executive chefs primarily handle administrative tasks and may spend less time in the kitchen.

A big mess

Working in HQ, it was clear there was absolutely no strategy in the tech department - It changes with the wind. Unprofessional staff who don't follow best practices and obstruct work by stonewalling requests. The company is mostly staffed by unqualified hospitality types without proper education or experience. Herd mentality takes care of the others - because of this, everything is a complete mess and they like it this way. Try managing their point of sale system and data, try interpreting their messy financial reporting systems and databases. It is impossible. They outsource alot of apps to third world countries and then complain about the quality they get in return. Constantly fighting fires caused incompetence. It's a very loud and gossip prone environment, so if your work requires deep concentration expect to be interrupted by insensible distractions. Open office environment. Low salaries

Pros

Flexible hours, taking sick days is fairly common practice snd isn't frowned upon

Fun workplace in overall

Fun working with skilled chefs. But its a heavy task for closing and maintaining the all the dishes and utensils. Overall fine. Salary for kitchen hand is good.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Heavy job

fun amazing

fast paced exciting place to work. I enjoyed the managers the team members and the flexibility if the job. you can choose what hours suit you. and that is great.

Good company

Nice company to work with. I work in the kitchen. I like that environment because they are nice. However, my work shift is too short and working shifts are not reliable because I work as casual job. So I cannot plan or make appointments during working time.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short hours

A company that provides support and growth for its employees

Merivale is an excellent company to work for and I would highly recommend working for them. I Started off working casually while I undertook a university degree, while doing my degree I found management to be extremely flexible and supportive during the process. Climbing through the ranks to end up a manager I found the company to provide a lot of opportunities for me to develop both as a manager and as a person. With the company continually growing it has allowed the opportunity for me to experience different aspects of the hospitality game from restaurants to bars to night clubs and allowing me to grow my passion for ensuring the best guest experience possible while meeting and working with so many amazing people. Working for Merivale is an experience money can’t buy and not all companies can provide such a pleasurable workplace.

High performing, high expectations

Merivale is great for those willing to go above and beyond and those who enjoy a challenge. This business will push you, allow you to develop quickly and show you what you can be capable of. It can be challenging always getting on the level of being high performing, it is not for the faint-hearted, but definitely full of energy, great pace, plenty of opportunities, control your own career path and have fun on the way. It is very social and fun environment, I love the people i get to work with daily. Great discounts and benefits included, also excellent formal training on offer. I was lucky enough to get a nationally accredited qualification as part of my education with Merivale.

Pros

Free lunch, great training, quick career progression for hard workers

Cons

Can be exhausting at times

Somewhere you can grow and progress

The business is growing very fast and that provides lots of opportunities to work on new projects, get exposure to leading work and people to help the business do better and progress your career. There is a genuine care for all the people who work there and lots of generous benefits and offers you get for working there. The Staff Member of the Month program is awesome. If you are not prepared to work hard (sometimes long hours) and really do great work, you won't be respected or last here.

Pros

Supportive leadership, great benefits, lots of opportunities

Cons

High expectations, commitment is expected

Good in hospitality but not a business

From the outside it's viewed as fast pace and caring but in reality fast pace without strategy, you are expected to work long hours without much recognition. Management are mostly from hospitality background, which is only good for venue business but they are limited in driving the business forward. Not much innovation or open to idea's. The team culture at head office is terrible and is reflected by the high churn and turnover. Each department does their own strategy without much thought on how it relates back to other parts of the business and how it relates back to the company Brand.

Pros

Attractive salary package and free lunches

Cons

Long hours, bad team culture, Incompetent leaders

I liked it

If u wanna progress and build career an hospitality Merivale is the place to go. It has everything you need and very open minded. There strong company values and be ready to work hard.

Environnement de travail très dynamique et vivant

J'ai adoré travailler pour ce traiteur, j'ai appris beaucoup non seulement sur le métier de serveuse et barmaid mais aussi dans la maîtrise de l'anglais. Les journées se ressemblais sans ce ressembler dans le sens ou le service était identique, le dressage des tables aussi mais les événements était tous différents les uns des autres donc les ambiances différentes et le nombre de couvert aussi.

Pros

repas gratuit, rencontre de personne

Cons

pas assez d'heure de travail

Productive and fun place to work

Working for this company was a face paced environment where I was always learning from the best of the best in the industry and has helped me to grow.

Pros

Food and beverage benefits

Cons

productive and fun work environment

I went into this role as a work experience student, but came out as a well equipped young hospitality professional that was will willing to take every opportunity as a learning curve.

Great company with great benefits

Day to day was filled with greeting all customers that entered the venue with a smile and a kind greeting. Ensuring that their needs were met with a good service and in good time. Management were all awesome, made you feel at home and were always there to help whatever the cause. Best part of the job was the people I worked with and the customers I got to meet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merivale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Merivale
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?