Metcash

Metcash Employee Reviews

Proud to work for Metash, for their diversity and celebrating cultural diversity. Promotion of women employed accross all levels of work place.
National Fleet Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingwood NSW18 February 2020
Managing work place flexibilty, opportunity to grow, setting up goals and action plans, providing training, relate with all the employees, inclusiveness and proud to work for Metcash.
Fast pace
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Laverton North VIC15 January 2020
Strenuous work and has great physical demand and constant need for attention but has a very good potential to make good money if you are physically able
Good Friendships
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Crestmead QLD8 January 2020
No matter the work load at Metcash. The people who work there make it just enough easier to get through a 10 hour day of picking. The canteen has good cooks, so you eat good everyday.
Workplace culture
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Marsden QLD3 December 2019
A very good bunch to work with, highly motivated team that works hard and safe, the people there on the floor are very helpful and will go out of there way to help you while meeting their own pickrate obligations
Challenging and fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 October 2019
Metcash is an extremely challenging environment to work and operates in a highly competitive environment.

Despite assurances to the contrary it is not advisable to challenge the status quo. Just go with the flow and you will be fine
My experience with Independent Retailers and a well balance work and family life
When I left Coles Supermarkets in 1993 and Join Foodland Associated LTD (and then FAL was acquired by Metcash in 2005), I have learnt, to be able to apply my experiences and knowledge to these Independent Retailers and share my way of Doing Business through the Best Business Practice Principles, that I had been trained up by Coles. The corporate style of running a business is very different to operating an Independent business. The Independent culture is more relaxed as opposed to the corporate business. By this I mean the decision of a Corporate Supermarket is made at their Head Office. Where as an Independent Retailer can decide there and then and make their decisions on the spot. The hardest part in dealing with Independent Retailers, is to get them to spend money in and on their stores to keep up with Market Trends and Consumer Demands. This would be my typical day to day working with Independent Retailers encouraging them to invest in their business for the potential growth and sustainability. The hardest part is to convince them. But there are ways and means through successful "Testimonials" and sharing the results of these Testimonials. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to have a well balance work and family life and as well as seeing the fruits my labour that produces positive outcomes for my customers as well as for the business and being appreciated.
Good people and nice workplace
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Marsden QLD27 August 2019
I liked working at metcash the people and bosses are good. They helped me out to improve my stacking skills. I was a voice pick/packer and stacker. I liked the canteen its huge and amazing foods for lunch.
Pros
Huge canteen nice people
Cons
Not much hours
Good working environment and job culture
Corporate Reporting and Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW25 August 2019
I was given the opportunity to represent our team in the implementation of TM1 accounting tool.

There's always opportunity to business partner with key stakeholders.

Management are effectively good in managing the company considering that competition are very stiff and challenging in this industry.
Operations management don’t mean well for the company and the shareholders
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 August 2019
-Very lowly motivated workforce that work for their wages
-Merit and performance mean nothing; You only need to be a snitch to be in good books; to quote a supervisor, “snitches help in our work.” sometimes who lie and are believed.
-Least qualified, semi literate leading hands and supervisors busy hounding out any threats to their positions.
-It’s basically a training ground for other like corporations.
Pros
Free lunch for overtime and holidays
Cons
Unhealthy environment, poor pay, favouritism
Fun and very safe place to work
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Crestmead QLD5 August 2019
Very friendly staff and will always have time for there staff. Always hour available so never short on work. Liked working early and finishing early. They also have the RDO system where you get a day off every second week which gave you that extra day to yourself which is always good.
Metcash lost its way
Storeman (Current Employee) –  Pooraka SA13 April 2019
Management don't know how to run the place no teamwork. Workers are lazy spoilt complain if work get hard. Team leader make sure they do minimal amount of work for more pay they refuse to work any other areas of the company apparently it is not their job.
Pros
Cons
wokers are lazy no disapline do what ever you like attitude.
Secure
Customer Service & Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2019
It's quite formality place to work. Follow the tasks that been sent to your outlook and completed it, and done. Quite multiculture background among staff, and still maintain Aussie tradition.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
No much learning
Old school thinking in a new world
Not specified (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 September 2018
Great work:life balance and a major player in FMCG, however is in desperate need of improved culture, and a greater 'people' focus. The senior management of the business has the desire to change the culture, however too many people have been in the business for too long, in my opinion, so it is a mammoth task!
Pros
Work:life balance, culturally inclusive to different personal styles
Cons
Too many staff stuck in the past
good company to work.
IT Project Manager/Team Lead/IT Architect/ (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW8 September 2018
Typical day start with checking and responding to emails, Alert messages posted from IT Infrastructure and ERP Applications. participate IT meetings, group meetings and vender management.

Quite challenging environment to work at IT Infrastructure group and opportunities arises to learn daily/weekly basis.

management structure and the workplace culture is good.

Hardest part of my job will be resource availability within the group and work under pressure and stress.

Most enjoyable part will be to work as a team with current team members and achieve goals and deliver results to the Metcash business.
Pros
Gym, Tennis
Cons
long hours, weekend work & no future growth.
Fun , Multi-Cultural
Installer/Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 July 2018
Working at metcash i have gained multiple experiences such as pick packing, operating a EPJ (Electrical Pallet Jack) and many more. Every week we would have to reach a 100% pickrate (minimum) which wasn't so easy, but working with colleagues made the job fun and easy. I enjoyed meeting new faces the hardest part was leaving or saying goodbye.
Pros
free Coffee
Cons
8-10 hours
Team work
Customer Service/Claims (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Crestmead QLD13 May 2018
Worked well with the team. Good hours and close to home. Work/home life flexibility. Always a challenge. Every day was different. Helping the customers and team achieve deadlines.
Cons
Not enough hours
Saj Work Ethics
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Footscray VIC25 March 2018
“I work to engage and challenge myself to every opportunity that is brought about by change and live through the changes with a huge smile because I’m a very passionate individual, a proud father an entrepreneur, and in constant awe and appreciation of how beautiful / resilient life and everything around us is.”
Pros
Achievments
Cons
Bureaucracy
Close to public transport
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 March 2018
Close to public transport with buses and train station within proximity, gym located downstairs, tennis court and terrace space for company gatherings.
Pros
Close to public transport
Half cup
Senior UNIX Analyst (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW12 March 2018
Good place to start out then use the experience elsewhere. It has the mindset of short term gain with no long term vision for employees. There is no policy set out and blame is set upon those seen to be not towing the line.
Pros
samples
Solely performance based.
Pick and Packer (Current Employee) –  Canning Vale, Perth11 March 2018
Company only cares for each employees performance and only acknowledges when the standard is not met. Unfair time allocations to each given assignment is not un-common here.