Metcash
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Metcash Employee Reviews

Supervisors did not give praise when warranted but were quick to punish workers ,they also lacked communication skill and knowledge of the the work required of the more skilled workers in the worksite Glad I left when I did
Pros
Free biscuits & chocolates
Cons
Supervisors ignorance lack of knowledge
Do not waste your time! Senior Management don't care about front line. Managers only get promoted when they cry loud enough. The pay is terrible and working conditions are ordinary due to the lack of quality of leadership. If you are happy to be a puppet this company is for you but if not, they will find a way to phase you out.
Pros
Not a one
Cons
Walking through the front door
The work load was very easy. Ive learnt how to decant offload and most importantly voice pick because thats the most common thing you experience when you work in a distribution warehouse. Everyone was so lovely and friendly, to be completely honest that made work so fun and competitive cs we'd used to compete with our fellow colleagues.
Managing work place flexibilty, opportunity to grow, setting up goals and action plans, providing training, relate with all the employees, inclusiveness and proud to work for Metcash.
Strenuous work and has great physical demand and constant need for attention but has a very good potential to make good money if you are physically able
No matter the work load at Metcash. The people who work there make it just enough easier to get through a 10 hour day of picking. The canteen has good cooks, so you eat good everyday.
A very good bunch to work with, highly motivated team that works hard and safe, the people there on the floor are very helpful and will go out of there way to help you while meeting their own pickrate obligations
Metcash is an extremely challenging environment to work and operates in a highly competitive environment. Despite assurances to the contrary it is not advisable to challenge the status quo. Just go with the flow and you will be fine
When I left Coles Supermarkets in 1993 and Join Foodland Associated LTD (and then FAL was acquired by Metcash in 2005), I have learnt, to be able to apply my experiences and knowledge to these Independent Retailers and share my way of Doing Business through the Best Business Practice Principles, that I had been trained up by Coles. The corporate style of running a business is very different to operating an Independent business. The Independent culture is more relaxed as opposed to the corporate business. By this I mean the decision of a Corporate Supermarket is made at their Head Office. Where as an Independent Retailer can decide there and then and make their decisions on the spot. The hardest part in dealing with Independent Retailers, is to get them to spend money in and on their stores to keep up with Market Trends and Consumer Demands. This would be my typical day to day working with Independent Retailers encouraging them to invest in their business for the potential growth and sustainability. The hardest part is to convince them. But there are ways and means through successful "Testimonials" and sharing the results of these Testimonials. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to have a well balance work and family life and as well as seeing the fruits my labour that produces positive outcomes for my customers as well as for the business and being appreciated.
I liked working at metcash the people and bosses are good. They helped me out to improve my stacking skills. I was a voice pick/packer and stacker. I liked the canteen its huge and amazing foods for lunch.
Pros
Huge canteen nice people
Cons
Not much hours
I was given the opportunity to represent our team in the implementation of TM1 accounting tool. There's always opportunity to business partner with key stakeholders. Management are effectively good in managing the company considering that competition are very stiff and challenging in this industry.
-Very lowly motivated workforce that work for their wages -Merit and performance mean nothing; You only need to be a snitch to be in good books; to quote a supervisor, “snitches help in our work.” sometimes who lie and are believed. -Least qualified, semi literate leading hands and supervisors busy hounding out any threats to their positions. -It’s basically a training ground for other like corporations.
Pros
Free lunch for overtime and holidays
Cons
Unhealthy environment, poor pay, favouritism
Very friendly staff and will always have time for there staff. Always hour available so never short on work. Liked working early and finishing early. They also have the RDO system where you get a day off every second week which gave you that extra day to yourself which is always good.
Management don't know how to run the place no teamwork. Workers are lazy spoilt complain if work get hard. Team leader make sure they do minimal amount of work for more pay they refuse to work any other areas of the company apparently it is not their job.
Pros
Cons
wokers are lazy no disapline do what ever you like attitude.
It's quite formality place to work. Follow the tasks that been sent to your outlook and completed it, and done. Quite multiculture background among staff, and still maintain Aussie tradition.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
No much learning
Great work:life balance and a major player in FMCG, however is in desperate need of improved culture, and a greater 'people' focus. The senior management of the business has the desire to change the culture, however too many people have been in the business for too long, in my opinion, so it is a mammoth task!
Pros
Work:life balance, culturally inclusive to different personal styles
Cons
Too many staff stuck in the past
Typical day start with checking and responding to emails, Alert messages posted from IT Infrastructure and ERP Applications. participate IT meetings, group meetings and vender management. Quite challenging environment to work at IT Infrastructure group and opportunities arises to learn daily/weekly basis. management structure and the workplace culture is good. Hardest part of my job will be resource availability within the group and work under pressure and stress. Most enjoyable part will be to work as a team with current team members and achieve goals and deliver results to the Metcash business.
Pros
Gym, Tennis
Cons
long hours, weekend work & no future growth.
Working at metcash i have gained multiple experiences such as pick packing, operating a EPJ (Electrical Pallet Jack) and many more. Every week we would have to reach a 100% pickrate (minimum) which wasn't so easy, but working with colleagues made the job fun and easy. I enjoyed meeting new faces the hardest part was leaving or saying goodbye.
Pros
free Coffee
Cons
8-10 hours
Worked well with the team. Good hours and close to home. Work/home life flexibility. Always a challenge. Every day was different. Helping the customers and team achieve deadlines.
Cons
Not enough hours
“I work to engage and challenge myself to every opportunity that is brought about by change and live through the changes with a huge smile because I’m a very passionate individual, a proud father an entrepreneur, and in constant awe and appreciation of how beautiful / resilient life and everything around us is.”
Pros
Achievments
Cons
Bureaucracy
Close to public transport with buses and train station within proximity, gym located downstairs, tennis court and terrace space for company gatherings.
Pros
Close to public transport