Miami Dade County
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Miami Dade County Employee Reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Flexible

Great company, benefits, paid holidays, annual leave, sick time, life and health insurance, overtime. There’s room for growth within the department or other departments

Great Benefits !

Workplace culture is great overall. Management can make it difficult at times but I believe that's at any job. Definitely make connections if you plan on moving up. It's all about who you know !

Pros

Annual Merit Increase, Family Oriented environment, Flexibility, Excellent Benefits, Time Rollover

Cons

Management, You have to know someone for the most part to move up, Favoritism.

Productive , lots of work, great benefits , alright atmosphere

Good company to work for great benefits. Underpaid , lots of work and sometimes feel like you are stuck in the same rhythm with no chance to grow. Great benefits overall.

Interesting place must enjoy people

Every job site is a different experience. This is for a Cultural Arts Center, basically a community theater venue. Great facility, people really care about working there from top management to lowest status positions. There are personality conflicts (it's the arts, after all) but people take pride in their jobs. Most hours are evenings/weekends. Patrons are pleasant for the most part, many regulars. Must be able to deliver excellent customer service, under pressure, to diverse backgrounds, with a smile and positive attitude -- to patrons AND co-workers. Management is friendly and supportive. Opportunity to watch a free show during every shift. Every performance is not my cup of tea, but it's nice to have the experience.

Pros

Free performances and entertainment, Friendly staff, Most management is supportive and positive (it's the arts), Most patrons are from the surrounding areas, nice to be able to serve the community, Beautiful, well-kept facility, Staff takes pride in their work.

Cons

Very seasonal work schedule throughout the year, Shifts are mostly weekends and evenings, Some audience members can be unpleasant to downright belligerent, but management and security will support you and handle it, Fortunately not too many of those types of situations.

Ensuring that custodial parents are receiving child support as ordered by the Court.

My day at work is always full of satisfaction as I enjoy helping people/callers solve their issues and or concerns. Whether clients or staff helping is my number one priority. I always enjoyed training my staff on how to assist our clients so that can improve their circumstances rather than make their situations worse.

Pros

The relationships made with management and staff.

Cons

Two short 15 minute breaks.

The job is great.

You meet a great deal of people. Most supervisors know what they are doing. You have the support and work/life balance most jobs don't have. The most enjoyable part is working with a knowledgeable team.

Pros

Raise every year, weekends off, holidays off, Great team

Room for Growth

The County has different positions available and is condusive to job growth. It's easy to move around in the County to find where you fit in. Most people are easy to work with especially in higher positions.

Good place to work , if y ou like being a soldier

I loved working at the property appraiser, people are relaxed, not that much stress, pay was ok. People are nice but you have to watch out, Too much gossip

Pros

Good time, cant get fired unless you commit fraud

Cons

salary, you become like a zombie

Safe, secure, union.

We have a union, amazing health coverage for everything & veryyyy economical. From vision to dental, you pay no more than $4 for them … & health coverage which is free if you’re a full time employee .. a lot of opportunities for helping out the community & earning extra hours off, everything’s fair.

Must be physically and mentally strong.

Miami Dade Corrections can provide you with a comfortable living and you can earn upwards of six figures if your mentally and physically strong to deal with the stressors. I've seen what appears to be physically strong, break like thin saltines crackers and what appeared to be fragile, become strong like steel, so it's more than physical; it's also mentally.

Pros

Pay and benefits are AWESOME!!!

Cons

Streets level can go through the roof if you're not mentally strong.

Great organization and very happy.

Very peaceful and blessed to work there and very happy to work there. Job stability is very important and it provides great benefits and you get days off such as Christmas.

Pros

Very peaceful.

Cons

Coworkers

The Promotion is done by who you know not by qualification

I had worked for Miami Dade for nine years during this time i applied for promotion based on my education received i were denied not knowing why. But other than that it is a good place to work. i tried to comeback to Miami Dade i were denied coming back i were a good employee that never call sick for no reason. I missed Miami Dade County. I hold a Master Degree in Criminal Justice to do what i have known to do best : Enforcement rules and regulations and good customer services.

Pros

Cons

Good benefits

Awesome place to work but administration sucks.

The pay and benefits are awesome and the Union works hard for us! People are easy to work with except the ones who’ve worked here for 30 plus years. They always find a way to throw up how long they’ve worked for the county and how things used to be. The old timers don’t like positive change! They want to get paid to do nothing and complain about EVERYTHING! Administration doesn’t know what they’re doing. Just delegating everyone else to do their work!

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

People who are stuck in what used to be

Great pay and amazing benefits

Great pay and amazing benefits especially the medical benefits. Yearly raises also is a great plus. Work environment healthy and productive! Miami Dade county is a great place to be part of.

Pros

Free Medical insurance

Cons

No remote work

Depends what position you hold good steady job

19 years as bus operator for the company good pay, just be aware that everything is your fault no matter what you constantly find yourself fighting for your job.

Pros

Pay, schedules

Miami Dade Corrections

The worst Dept. by far to work for. The culture is definitely who you know and/or how good you look will get you the promotions in this organization.

Pros

Insurance Benefits/Retirement

Cons

Low morale, promotions is who you know and than some

Excelent. Good environment

Great good en invironment. Safety first Excelente benefits. Job security Company gives you opportunity to grow Good interpersonal co workers Excellent guides from managers

Holidays

We get a lot of holidays the employees and employers are really nice, we help customers to get back their drivers license by going on a payment plan or community service hours

Pros

Monthly birthday lunch

Productive work environment

I loved working with the citizens and helping victims with their problems. I enjoyed working in various investigative units. There’s plenty of room for advancement and working in different units of the department. You can move up in a management position if you want or stay in uniform or a detective bureau.

Pros

Medical, retirement benefits

Cons

Sometimes seeing things that you’d rather not.

I love my job but the county doesn’t give priority to the workers that been here for years or the opportunity to get a full time.

I’ve been a county worker love my job I would love to grow with the county but looking forward another job with the county but another department. I’ve been almost 9 years as a PSA part time.

Pros

No promotion ever.

Miami Dade County is great

A lot of benefits as full time employee. It is very hard to get the job but It is worthy. I don't have something bad to say. It is amazing to work with the county. Dont give up. I applied 8 times to get the position that I wanted.

Pros

A lot of benefits

Cons

nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miami Dade County. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Miami Dade County