Michael Hill
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Michael Hill Employee Reviews

Australia72 reviews
Personally I love the challenges of personal budgets, so I love this type of work. All jobs depend on the team that you are with and in my time at MH I worked with some great people and Managers. If you don't like the pressure of budgets don't apply.
Inadequate training and lack of respect for lower levels roles.
No support from my senior, she was very hard to find.

Management where disconnected from staff, therefore, aloof from customers and their concerns.
incredible staff, great experience, offered plenty of development opportunities and training. in a day I would replenish stock, make sure every surface was clean and wiped down, made sure all jewellery was presented clean and well organised.
If you have always wondered what it would be like to work at Michael
hill Jewellers then this is the opportunity to get a reality check. It is very competitive. Do not even look at another sales person customer. You cannot even say Hello to their customers. The positive is that you get great staff discounts.
Wages could be better other than that I highly recommend the working environment and great management.
Good training and friendly staffs.supportive and understanding
One of the best company i have ever worked for. the amount of help you have from your team leader/mangers and your peers is amazing. Never have felt more comfortable with a company ever in my life. would never leave/.
fast paced, lots of responsibility, great rewards and never a dull moment. Great product, with the right team, you'll love coming to work. Great support.
Just needed to be working during Michael Hill is in Lockdown . I have 6 staff in my store we are like a family. Working together to achieve our daily KPI. I have been in management for 7 years . For the last seven years I have realised that for the store to achieve the budget is that we need have the right culture and team environment within the store.
Stressful environment and big targets. It's the best jeweller in its category and there is a good reason for it. If your team is happy and healthy, so will you be.
I was looking for something different and new, and selling jewelry at Michael Hill ticked all the boxes. My time at the store was very enjoyable but brief as I had to leave for personal reasons. I can’t say enough how supportive and kind the staff were and the manager was exceptional during a difficult time. For me, it wasn’t just a workplace culture but evolved into a family one.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Michael Hill?
Michael Hill do not foster a happy work environment. I was underpaid, expectations were high, management appalling. Pressure to reach sales targets put pressure on staff.
Was yelled at when I did not meet targets, was given silent treatment when I would make a mistake. Boss would tell everyones personal business, it was very unprofessional. I felt a instant relief when I left this job. I tried so hard to but I just wasn't good enough.
Great Team, helpful, happy, busy, x-mas spirit. Adventures. family atmosphere. Learning clarity about diamonds, people skills, talking skills.
jkdfryegvh kdfureiuyguihrgf rkuityewjbdaskfuy rkuivndkfuhy drkjteiufb vkdshfaei4mjfhoadfh smdfjhdskolsfhdfgfj skdhfeurhnfcsk
Excellent team environment to work In. Excellent Management. Genuinely a lovely environment to work In. The team of girls are absolutely lovely and cannot help you enough. The Manager is really lovely person and really cares about her team of girls
I got called for interview from Michael Hill HQ, had the appointment done, met the manager, ready to receive christmas casual roster in a few days. Yet, after many calls n follow-ups, the manager is always busy with tons of excuses for not to reply. Ended up not getting the job. Such unprofessional working manner from such big company.
If you like Long hours with no extra pay and no thanks this is the place for you. No backing from HO who never admit wrong doing. A great number of hard working long time staff/managers made redundant. no reason. Poor top management decisions. Was good years ago but went downhill in the last 3 years. Work/life expectations unrealistic. Incorrect pay for rostered hours now public knowledge.
fast paced
sales training

stocktake and merchandising

friendly but competitive

exceed sales targets during slow days

meeting new people and learning new things
Hired as Christmas casual. Basically my role was to ensure successful sales for permanent staff eg correct price tickets for Christmas time, enough packaging and boxes for gift wrapping etc.
Was such a nice family environment, enjoyed every day. Was a bit stressful during the busy periods. But other all ver nice people to work with........
Massive staff turn over in the marketing Dept. During my time at least 3 people resigned every week. There is no opportunity to be creative or trust in your ability to do so. You are micromanaged by several bosses and departments, then left in an impossible position of try to please everyone after the deadline has clearly come and gone.

They are stuck in the dark ages of brochures in mailboxes and 60’s spoon feed TV commercials. So if you are in any other part of marketing (especially web related) you will be prioritized last on their agenda. This includes getting access to quality images, text or anything else. And don’t dare suggest anything, one they don’t care and two you couldn’t get a manger to find 5 minutes for you if you tried.

But if you are happy to be in an uninspired job with no creativity or trust, this is definitely the marketing department for you as the lower level staff are incredible people and a joy to be around. I made some wonder friends working there. They also supply alcohol for everyone, with a full bucket of alcoholic drink varieties available at the door any time of day. Picture working for Donald Draper and you are on the right track. Alcohol and 60’s creativity.
Pros
The lower level people are amazing.
Cons
Management and lack of creativity
Great Company to work for staff discounts are amazing products & warranty is great great bunch of people in store everyone worked well together no issues or bitcheness
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Hill. Our community is ready to answer.