Michael Page
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Michael Page Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
Great team, long hours and low $$
The team and culture of the company is great, with plenty of training and a supportive management team when times may get a little tough.

There only two negatives in my opinion is the hours of work expected* and the low amount of pay compared to market averages for what is expected.

*they use flexible working but realistically, you will always work minimum 40 hours on a 38 contract and even then feel judged for leaving the office.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Host employer were a great company to work for
Awesome workplace culture, what I learned & won't forget was every person in that small warehouse were very friendly.
CEO and management team were great.

Most enjoyable part of the job, celebrated someones birthday every week by company for morning tea.

Hardest part of this job was it was only a temporary contract.

Shame the money was low, this was the ideal job & company I would have loved to have a career with to my retirement years.
Pros
Free morning tea once a week plus birthday cake & morning tea for any staff members birthday
Cons
Low wages
Incompetence overall
I have been a casual applicant for 5 years and the excuse of not paying on time is loosing citizenship or identification or system breakdown of payroll portal.
This occurs every once or twice every 3 months, simply handling of time sheets very slow.

The meaning of busy is not competent to eradicate priority.

I have been casual with several recruiting agencies in Sydney, this is the worst job handlers to be known. Also there are fake reviews and it is definitly on this forum.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Not available
Interviewed with this company for a recruiter role with them and they were rude and unprofessional.
Their new model seems to be to churn out as many applicants into jobs as possible and they seem to have lost touch with 'care' in who they are putting in different roles.
Pros
Central Office
Cons
Long work hours/ toxic environment 2 different staff advised
No progression, no pay increases, questionable middle management
I've worked here for more than 5 years in the support staff (not client-facing). Job progression is near non-existent and there is a huge rate of staff turnover. Pay increases are next to non-existent and some of the middle management have no idea what you are doing, they will think you're doing little even if you are busting your behind and working long hours. And vice-versa you can be doing not much, take long lunches, work 7 hour days (if that) and be considered just awesome!

When the superannuation increase happened a year or so ago, the increase came out of employee's base salary, it didn't come from the employer.

They are currently trying to outsource jobs and are adept at forcing people to leave so they don't have to retrench them.

Would NOT recommend.
Pros
9 to 5
Cons
No progression, some awful managers in middle management.
Just another bad recruiter
Used this company several times and was always disappointed in the consultants knowledge (lack of ) when it came to digital design and creative type positions. I wouldn't recommend them for anything creative or anything in the digital space. They're expensive .
Pros
Cons
Expensive and inexperienced in the creative sector
Heavy micromanagement
Very KPI driven and highly micro managed. Do not look to slowly build consultants up and help them develop and grow professionally. Good group that work in the office and the culture is good.
Pros
Good culture and team
Cons
Long hours and highly KPI driven. No flexibility.
Cultural diversity
I enjoy working at the organisation as we have nice sociable colleagues and I have been fortunate to have great mentors.
Great training
Fantastic training, great support throughout.

Fast moving career progression, with higher salary dependent on success.
Group Service Credit Controller
Chasing up the payment, credit focus role.

Great communication skills and problem solving skills

friendly team mate and good company culture.

chasing up the payment to fullfill the deadline.

I feel so enjoyable when the payment come in by weekly debt management
Pros
Great culture, team lunch and annual benifits
More team work in a chook farm
Not a good company to register for work, or to have them find suitable job seekers for your company.
Pros
not much
Cons
getting out of there