Microsoft
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Microsoft:

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews
Productive and best place to learn.
It's an awesome place to work.
People are supportive, collaborative. I got to learn new things and improve my skill sets.

Most enjoyable part was to conduct meetings and deal with different people.
Great culture and flexible work arrangements
Great place to work, work is meaningful and entire company thrives to make world a better place using technology. There aren't many entry level roles which can be challenging for recent grads.
high pressure, flexbile work hours, emphasis on inclusion and diversity
high pressure, flexbile work hours,
emphasis on inclusion and diversity, work life balance,

slow career progression

networking is highly recommended to move roles
Brand Ambassador is one of the easiest job you can ever do !!
Relaxing, good team and enjoyable time.
Good Supervisors, this opportunity opened a way towards my retail experience in the country.

Growing rapidly in IT just because of this part time experience.
Work life balance
● Dataload, management and upload of Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) data for the 7 Australian States.
● Expertise in architecture, configuration and deployment of ePASS version 2.14.x/2.16.x/4.1.x/4.2.x and finally 6.x.x

● Point of contact for initial diagnosis of problems, for a system or sub-system or apply known solutions, including documenting problems, progress checking, and escalation to ensure resolution discussion with Bravura vendor, Business Team and off-shore development team.

● Follow-up in relation to improvement with ePASS response times, performance resolution and troubleshooting aspects within tomcat web tier/JBOSS and Ant application tier/MS SQL Server database tier and/or integrated ComSAS IBM DB2/Capital Oracle projects.

● Key contributor for providing sampled scrambled data to Bravura for the ePASS versions (2.14.x/2.16.x/4.1.x/4.2.x and finally 6.x.x) upgrades and then architecting the infrastructure, deploying the military and civilian super funds onto the new hardware infrastructure.

● Managing activities like building new database environments for applications, installing SQL related software like ePASS, RazorSQL, Helpmaster Pro, MiAudio, Zeacom & SQL Server 2012

● Mentoring a team of 6-10 Junior DBAs in data modelling, design and cost-effective scripting so as to be propagated to Test, UAT and Production environment

● Creating databases for new applications; setting up recovery and DR processes and configuring Log shipping. Implementing Advanced Compression and Restore methods for databases.

● Setup of HADR with Synchronous one
 - more...
Pros
Free lunches and opportunity to succeed
meetings, group projects, statistics
good working environment, high level of team work, many division of product and services. a good working and diverse work culture, a happy and healthy place to work, each person can show their ability in their work skills.
Pros
free lunch, work supplies
Cons
long hours, high work load
Fun Workplace
It was good work experience. I was able to extend my IT skills into actual applications in tasks of making a bot. I really enjoyed being mentored by the staff members and working with other students. A particular stand out from the work-experience to me was designing a brochure for Microsoft since it allowed me to demonstrate my creative ideas with the team and staff.
A day as a contractor working for Microsoft
Outside of phone calls, numerous emails and stakeholder contacts, I address and escalate issues daily and chase for resolution. Identify breaks or gaps in processes and escalating to higher management, raising a business case for permanent fix, Im not a fan of band aids.I work closely with our sales team, identifying and resolving issues with partners/customers.Hardest part of the role is the frustration with getting staff to understand customer/partner issues and applying asense of urgency. Im a firm believer in cusrtomer is always right and we only have a job because of the customer so we must look after them and empathise.The culture is quite good, management don't micro manage and they have a flexible work policy, and have no issue with working from home.The most enjoyable part of the day is having a fix applied, happy Partners/customer, a sense of having made a difference.
Pros
Flexible work policy, free drinks and fruit
Cons
as a contractor not alwatys seen as an equal to FTE staff
Good place to work. Great people.
Fast paced environment with plenty of variety to keep a person interested and energized to deliver on their objectives each day. Working toward shifting workplace culture to maximize effectiveness and address concerns about worklife balance.
Pros
Active workplace
Cons
Worklife balance
Great workplace, but leadership too political throughout
They did a great job providing their employees with the tools to succeed, maintained work/life balance (though that is more up to the employee than anything), but the leadership is always, and always will be, infighting. Too much internal competition and history made large changes for the greater good impossible.
Great company to work for, many opportunities and smart passionate people around. Great learning environment. The culture is awesome, and people are generally helpful, and want you to be successful.
Pros
Cons
None, that I can think of.
Decent place to work but little advancement for field jobs
Microsoft is a decent place to work, though the routines and processes are repetitive, and there is little opportunity for advancement if you are in a field sales role. MSFT needs to improve its sales game, and focus more on the customer.
MS Australia
Inside sales team was a very fun and exciting place to work.
Lots of learning and quick turnarounds on day to day tasks.

I find the most important value of the company was the growth it has on a staff.
perfect job, awful management
I'd still be in this job if the management wasn't two-faced. Very easy to pick up and relaxing job to have if also studying. Management issues include not being paid for a month, constant changing and false promises plus lack of support or security.
Pros
great co-workers, independence, relaxed KPIS
Cons
management, constant changes, favouritism
Productive and cutting edge
Excellent place to work, grow and achieve. You get the opportunity to work with the greatest technology and brilliant people. The devote a lot of effort into employee growth.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
The best place I have ever worked.
Typical day: 8 hours, 3 breaks, a lot of work to be done.
Learned: many things.

Management: brilliant and supportive, love you Jose M.

Workplace culture: professional and friendly, nice people to work with.

Hardest part of the job: keep up with no-stop work.

Most enjoyable: achieving great results.
Pros
nice offices, good people, a pleasure to work hard for them
Extremely Productive and Challenging workplace
It was a dream come true. Being a part of a great project. The training imparted to me was par excellence. The colleagues were very cooperative. I learnt to deliver high quality work in an extremely challenging and competitive environment while respecting the strict deadlines.
Pros
Challenging Atmosphere, Great training
Work Hours
Being able to pick which hours you want to come in on which days and how many hours you would like to do on the given day and the no restricting work environment where you are able to be yourself.
Great culture
Love the culture and the people however find it difficult with the policy of having EA's as contractors with no benefits. This unfortunately causes an obvious backlash which is sad as EA's are people who take pride in their roles.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
contractor role with no benefits
Interesting work, not enough resources, no job security.
Daily work hours were flexible, but there were quite often conference calls at all hours of the night (e.g. 2-3am) to suit US time zone. Working from home is possible if it fits with the team. Management varies depending on the department. Some great, some not. Immediate co-workers and team members were great. Wider Microsoft teams were very closed off, non-supportive, and non-communicative. Hardest part of the job was feeling like we always had to do more with less in a shorter timeframe, and compromise on features of the product. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people in the immediate team who were always friendly and supportive.
Pros
Nice office. Flexible working hours. Decent kitchen with partially subsidised meals.
Cons
No job security. Cliquey people/teams. No support from 'corp'. Lack of resources.
Fastest ever workplace
Best place to learn about state of the art technologies. I learned about Microsoft IT architecture. This and my previous IT experience allowed me to understand Companies' challenges when choosing and implementing new tools and systems.
The hardest part of the job was the unlimited amount of available knowledge combined with the fact that I was only allowed two days at the office.

I also learned how to interact in efficient ways with extended teams across the globe.
Pros
Unlimited knowledge resources available
Cons
Not enough tools to absorbe all available knowledge.