Microsoft

Australia36 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,647 reviews

productive and fun workplace

productive and fun workplace. Good Management. Growing Environment. Diversity and Inclusion at its best. Manager listen to you and allow you to grow in the career you want.

Absolutely amazing place to work.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience working as an Account Co-Ordinator for Microsoft. It's such a big shame that this is only available as a contracted role as I would have happily stayed in this role for a very long time. My colleagues are incredibly helpful and always willing to support me with tasks that I am struggling with - it honestly feels like a family environment.Workplace culture is 10/10. You are fully supported from day one and honestly I was in shock at how genuinely nice EVERYONE was. There isn't a clear difference between senior management and account co-ordinators as everyone treats each other with the utmost respect and friendliness.The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that there are always improvements being made and so there is always something new to learn and develop in.The hardest part of the job is having to leave after 18 months!

Pros

Friendly culture, beautiful office space, lovely colleagues.

Cons

Contracted role.

Great learning opportunity,culture and benifits

Loved working here.Challenging and great people to work with.have lot of perks and benefits for the people working here.values employee and their opinions.

Diverse and Inclusive work environment that was all about collaboration

I very much enjoyed my time at Microsoft. The team was terrific; the leadership cared about you, and the work was challenging. I would recommend anyone to join the great company.

Diverse and inclusive

Great team, very happy to be a part of a diverse, inclusive, growing and supporting team. Every day you can learn something new, the cluture is very great, growth mindset

Great Place to Work

Microsoft is a very supportive employer that encourages employees to bring their best self to work. I have nothing but great things to say about my team (OneDrive and SharePoint).

overall good

It has been a good journey so far with 6 month time, nice work life balance, nice culture fitting with D&IThere are a ton of interesting things to work on, but the overall impact of what you do might vary. A lot of the work feels very inconsequential, and if you want to make a deep impact and understand things end to end, this is a difficult place to be, because things move so fast and so many things change all the time.

Techno;ogy and cutomer focused

Best of times, launch of Win 95 ,Heading the Anti piracy hotline. Great camaraderie, competition, social events in and at work. Always looking to win.

Work / Life Balance

Very flexible time, good perks, collaborative, global opportunities so i can meet and greet people around the world enjoying very technical job with good impact and get reputations from peers

Pros

perks

Cons

when there is no job

Productive and best place to learn.

It's an awesome place to work. People are supportive, collaborative. I got to learn new things and improve my skill sets. Most enjoyable part was to conduct meetings and deal with different people.

Great culture and flexible work arrangements

Great place to work, work is meaningful and entire company thrives to make world a better place using technology. There aren't many entry level roles which can be challenging for recent grads.

high pressure, flexbile work hours, emphasis on inclusion and diversity

high pressure, flexbile work hours, emphasis on inclusion and diversity, work life balance, slow career progression networking is highly recommended to move roles

Brand Ambassador is one of the easiest job you can ever do !!

Relaxing, good team and enjoyable time. Good Supervisors, this opportunity opened a way towards my retail experience in the country. Growing rapidly in IT just because of this part time experience.

culture

The company needs to focus on performance based KPI's more than favoritism or socializing. The opportunities were good however the stress levels were high, which need to be balanced out.

Work life balance

● Dataload, management and upload of Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) data for the 7 Australian States. ● Expertise in architecture, configuration and deployment of ePASS version 2.14.x/2.16.x/4.1.x/4.2.x and finally 6.x.x ● Point of contact for initial diagnosis of problems, for a system or sub-system or apply known solutions, including documenting problems, progress checking, and escalation to ensure resolution discussion with Bravura vendor, Business Team and off-shore development team. ● Follow-up in relation to improvement with ePASS response times, performance resolution and troubleshooting aspects within tomcat web tier/JBOSS and Ant application tier/MS SQL Server database tier and/or integrated ComSAS IBM DB2/Capital Oracle projects. ● Key contributor for providing sampled scrambled data to Bravura for the ePASS versions (2.14.x/2.16.x/4.1.x/4.2.x and finally 6.x.x) upgrades and then architecting the infrastructure, deploying the military and civilian super funds onto the new hardware infrastructure. ● Managing activities like building new database environments for applications, installing SQL related software like ePASS, RazorSQL, Helpmaster Pro, MiAudio, Zeacom & SQL Server 2012 ● Mentoring a team of 6-10 Junior DBAs in data modelling, design and cost-effective scripting so as to be propagated to Test, UAT and Production environment ● Creating databases for new applications; setting up recovery and DR processes and configuring Log shipping. Implementing Advanced Compression and Restore methods for databases. ● Setup of HADR with Synchronous one -

Pros

Free lunches and opportunity to succeed

meetings, group projects, statistics

good working environment, high level of team work, many division of product and services. a good working and diverse work culture, a happy and healthy place to work, each person can show their ability in their work skills.

Pros

free lunch, work supplies

Cons

long hours, high work load

Fun Workplace

It was good work experience. I was able to extend my IT skills into actual applications in tasks of making a bot. I really enjoyed being mentored by the staff members and working with other students. A particular stand out from the work-experience to me was designing a brochure for Microsoft since it allowed me to demonstrate my creative ideas with the team and staff.

A day as a contractor working for Microsoft

Outside of phone calls, numerous emails and stakeholder contacts, I address and escalate issues daily and chase for resolution. Identify breaks or gaps in processes and escalating to higher management, raising a business case for permanent fix, Im not a fan of band aids.I work closely with our sales team, identifying and resolving issues with partners/customers.Hardest part of the role is the frustration with getting staff to understand customer/partner issues and applying asense of urgency. Im a firm believer in cusrtomer is always right and we only have a job because of the customer so we must look after them and empathise.The culture is quite good, management don't micro manage and they have a flexible work policy, and have no issue with working from home.The most enjoyable part of the day is having a fix applied, happy Partners/customer, a sense of having made a difference.

Pros

Flexible work policy, free drinks and fruit

Cons

as a contractor not alwatys seen as an equal to FTE staff

Good place to work. Great people.

Fast paced environment with plenty of variety to keep a person interested and energized to deliver on their objectives each day. Working toward shifting workplace culture to maximize effectiveness and address concerns about worklife balance.

Pros

Active workplace

Cons

Worklife balance

Great workplace, but leadership too political throughout

They did a great job providing their employees with the tools to succeed, maintained work/life balance (though that is more up to the employee than anything), but the leadership is always, and always will be, infighting. Too much internal competition and history made large changes for the greater good impossible.

Great company to work for, many opportunities and smart passionate people around. Great learning environment. The culture is awesome, and people are generally helpful, and want you to be successful.

Pros

Cons

None, that I can think of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Microsoft with

Learn about Microsoft in popular locations

• Microsoft