Mid North Coast Local Health District
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mid North Coast Local Health District Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
Serious issues with bullying and harassment aided by management. Left Bellingen as my mental health was seriously affected, leading to 6 weeks hospital admission. . Poor work life balance.
Pros
Cons
Bullying unsupportive
There is lots of politically correct noise made about no tolerance to bullying but when it comes from the top down it is apparently acceptable as it is constant and not addressed. Casuals expected to work full time rotating roster or they are discriminated against, part timers expected to work full time, full timers expected to do overtime. Pressures to discharge our patients home early to make room for all the patients in the overflowing ED who have no where to go
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bullying Culture, lack of human resource
I experienced bullying and harassment within 2 departments I worked in. Staff can be extremely lazy & prefer to sit around talking about people’s private lives but then make themselves look busy to suck up to management. Very ‘clicky’ environment, unprofessional with no customer service skills and like to pass blame onto other staff members for their mistakes. No point going to higher management to make a complaint as you’re only rocking the boat and their easy solution is to force you to resign. Complaints about other staff members behaviour is just swept under the mat.
Its okay to work there. Just some management is hard at understanding work/home life including with a family. But can be very awarding at the end of a busy day.
I loved my administration job and worked very hard to get through what was expected of me and be a team player, but ended up leaving due to being bullied and harassed by a jealous permanent co-worker who didn't know when to stop. The bullying was ignored as it was easier for management to turn a blind eye. Only casual work is offered and you are expected to stay casual for years as they are not interested in offering you job security no matter how hard you work. The bullies continue to thrive. I'm glad I'm out of there!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bullying, No job security
Run by Management to suit self little to no worker consultation. Health is a big business that has no compassion or understanding of its workers and upper management re-enforce this elites attitude.

Co-workers are good at most and are supportive of each other to help deal with Bad Management
Pros
goodish salary
Cons
Bad Management
Management out of touch with working conditions by allowing bullying and harrassment to continue to suit themselves. Only long term employees are looked after, casuals are used up and not offered advancement. They prefer casuals so they can flick you when no longer required. If you are not seeking long term employment this is the place for you! Some very good staff here but a very negative working environment and conditions.
Pros
Pay is suitable
Cons
Negative work environment
Work loads can vary drastically but management is always looking for ways to facilitate work life balances. Salary is not competitive in my opinion die to there unwilling to offer overtime rates to casuals for the same work as permanent staff. Advancement feel exclusive to the individuals who are 'on the know' circles which is disappointing. As a result the job culture can be very negative at times dragging away the fulfillment of caring for people.
Pros
Inner fulfillment
Cons
Poor job culture
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid North Coast Local Health District. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9