Miele

21: Miele Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Very busy environment. Made the day go very fast

Always a lot do. Customer service was always professional and Busy. Very good product and product training. Easy GUI interface. Great team in customer service and warehouse.

Pros

Excellent product

Cons

Low remuneration

Don't!

If you want to be heard DO NOT work here. There are some managers have been with company way too long and are extremely regimented and resistant to change.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

No appreciation for hardwork.

Workplace was ok

No management support as a technician had to do warehouse role to as company refused to employ a storeman also worked front Counter telephone technical support then had to find time for repairs and testing

Pros

Hour for lunch but rarely had that

Cons

Working through lunch most days

Great discounts with bad culture, stemming from bad management

At first I was excited to work here but I realized quickly that the culture is pretty toxic, and won’t change because middle management is terrible, and upper management are blind to this.Miele pretends to care about staff, always saying staff are ‘heartbeats not numbers’, but we’re actually really disposable. Good luck ever negotiating higher pay, unless you get it at the outset.

Pros

Great staff discount

Cons

Management don’t actually care about staff

Company that i will never consider

You are kust a number in Miele. Didn’t listen to me and my difficulties at work at the end blame everything on me so to save company name. I have never seen such an arrogant supervisor in my working life.

Pros

Cons

Arrogant supervisor, toxic culture

Micro managed, toxic work culture

When I started with Miele, they proudly proclaimed how they were a family company. Far from the truth. It seems management is only interested in the almighty dollar and ensuring their position in the company. It is expected of the technicians to take work home, computer work, and BVS (basic van stock) is also delivered to your home. No account is taken into start of day (you have to 'replicate' on the work pc) charge the pc and do updates at home using your personal internet and power, then proceed to either Drop Point to pick up ordered parts or to the customer's house, where officially the day starts! And then the day finishes at the last job, no matter you have parts to return, sometimes computer work etc. The team leaders or senior techs are not sympathetic to this and in fact will micro manage the technician with the ability to follow your every move via an app on your phone which is to be left turned on from 8:30am to 5pm. No matter that the majority of customers want us to attend early, such as 7am or just after. When I left, I would estimate 90% of the service technicians were looking for another place of employment, however times were tough due to Covid 19. I could not recommend this toxic 'family' company to my worst enemy.

Pros

heavy discount on unreliable Miele appliances

Cons

toxic work environment

Eastern Creek site Rude Warehouse staff members

Miele Eastern Creek warehouse needs to have a massive change of Culture in the way they speak to other warehouse staff members and any visiting transport Drivers as it can be very Aggressive Rude and bossy Behavior

Not a nice place to work

Former technician, management were horrible and toxic would not work there again if they doubled my pay, did not get judged on performance levels more so on interaction with management. Micro managed to the max very stressful and bullied by superior management

Miele

Very professional workplace. Excellent staff and people, great place to work. Great career development opportunities. Fair and Equal Opportunities.

Toxic workplace

Worked there on a casual basis. Training was really good but team leaders on the floor changed too many times in the short period I was there. Favouritism is rife and knowledge from different team leaders is not that good.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Working for an international company

Full time - Flexible hours

Busy contact centre, learnt correct manner when handling customers needs over the phone, friendly team, warm transfer and product knowledge, made a new memories along with some great friends

Pros

Good hours

Cons

On the phone all day

Under the microscope

When first started was awesome then management became pushy difficult and watched you every minute!No longer a good culture. Managers are very unapproachable.

not particularly approachable management.

Could do with a fresh approach and a relevant training structure. Call centres are not for everybody but they can be made to feel welcoming and unfortunately this one doesn't.

good team to work with

great team to work with flexiable with time ...everyday is good day for lunch at different place as we on the road...and friendly guys always helpful and understanding i enjoy working there

Pros

free lunch

Cons

long hours buts its okay

Easy going, no chance for advancements

At the beginning of working there seemed like a great place to work with everything provided but after a time, frustration builds as dealing with customer frustrations get to you due to processes that are out of your control

Pros

Everything provided

Cons

No real team environement

Great learning oportunities

Offers great chances to learn and grow Great benefits for health and knowledge Opportunities to move and grow world wide High level of skill and safety taught and provided

Pros

In house and external training

Cons

High skill levels required

Fine example of how a work place should be

Good company not just a market leader also great interpersonal skill s on all levels proud to be associated with a great company as Miele

Pros

as above

Cons

as above

Imported Whitegoods

Forklift work including general forklift operation. Container unloading using grab forklift. Picking and collating orders for local next day distribution.

Pros

Great warehouse system for location required goods.

Cons

Nil

Good customer service exposure

usually work time was morning. i did not get much opportunities to learn. co-worker they were good. there was not hardest part of the job as i got experience to deal with customer service. Most enjoyable job experience was taking part in culture function.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Job security

German companies have a reputation for looking after their staff.

Miele is a German company where everyone employed has the opportunity to learn the language with lessons before work, how cool is that. Not only do they look after their staff but they also go above and beyond for their customers, this I saw over and over again. There was nothing hard about working for Miele, nothing is rushed, nothing to heavy or difficult. Everyone helps out, all you have to do is ask. I loved going to work when I worked for Miele.

Pros

Learn German, clean environment, great co-workers.

Cons

Can't think of any.

A good Company to work for with, with strong values and a respected brand

Face to face appointment with Customers or Miele Agents. Completing quotes and tenders. Answering enquiries. Managing projects. Customer Training. Solution Selling. How to advise and be trusted by clients. The management is fair and helpful at Miele. Co-Workers are in the main competent and helpful. Completing long and complex Government and Private Tenders. Providing a solution to customers and seeing the end products installed, working and satisfied customers.

Pros

Staff Discounts

Cons

Inner Suburb office location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miele. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Miele with

Learn about Miele in popular locations

• Miele
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?