Millers Employee Reviews

All about sales ... and dollars
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW4 May 2019
This company is only interested in dollars , profit, sales.
The customer service is not a Priority in this company only if they spend their money ... the focus is on conversion not on listening to the customer requirements... the quality of stock has significantly decreased but the company doesn’t want to acknowledge it or hear it !
You will work hard for your low salary with this company
Always needing to answer why people aren’t buying the stock
But aren’t prepared to hear the reasons or fix them
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Expectations are too high
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale NSW9 April 2019
Friendly staff
Great team to work for
Never any issues
Training was simple and easy to follow
Organised
Looks after their staff and customers
Flexible
Good staff discount on clothes
Part-time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 July 2018
Over worked and underpaid for most of the staff. Not enough staff when VM changes are required, one staff member can't do VM and look after customers.
Pros
Good discount on clothes
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from management
Fun play to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS15 July 2018
I had worked for Millers for many years and recommend anyone one for this company, they are very supportive and they ofter great training to further your skills
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalby QLD2 May 2018
This was a good place to work where I had a little fun with customers each day while working to ensure the store ran to company policies and procedures. I used to relay the store to show off new stock and place stock into clearance racks depending where the relay required.
I learned a lot about the fashion industry as this was my first time in this industry. I was responsible for training other staff to be able to run the store in my absence from doing books to wages and accepting stock into store or transferring out to another store. The most enjoyable part of each day was working and helping customers pick an outfit that suited them. The hardest part was keeping up with all the changes through out the store on a Daily Basis.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Only had coverage for 3 hours a day.
great membership perks
retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Mornington VIC26 March 2018
Great perks for both customers and staff. They have also helped me to learn a wide variety of the ins and outs of retail and customer service. I have learnt how to merchandise, receive and send out stock, different approaches to customers and what its like to both work as a team and an individual.
Pros
discount on staff purchases in a vatiety of companys and flexible hours
great job
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW23 March 2018
great place to work hours are varied staff great to work with, managers really easy to communicate with and the best part of the job is learning to dress mannequins and handle customer inquiries and now you have done a good job
Pros
staff purchases
Cons
stock take
very fast past job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 March 2018
It was algood at first but i felt like their was favoritism in the working industry that i was at. the other workers were fine but somethings they'll chuck a fit about and it wouldnt be that big of deal.
Pros
free treats
Cons
not good culture
produtive and fun
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 February 2018
I always enjoyed working at Millers the crew were fun and upbeat, working in the fashion industry has its challages . millers made it all the more easier with a wonderfull choice of stock, lots of returning loyal customers
Pros
staff discounts
Lovely work environment
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD29 December 2017
Work mates were lovely and always supportive. Everyone always got it and help each other out to complete our daily tasks. Thoroughly enjoyed serving our wonderful customers.
A fun and friendly place to work with lots of great customsers and lots of trendy fashion
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  The Entrance NSW6 November 2017
Every day at millers is different. The main focus is always Customer Service. It also involves visual merchandising and stock control and placement. You need a good knowledge of banking and cash handling also. The fun part is getting to see all the new fashions that are coming in and helping customers put together a great outfit
Pros
Get to see all the latest fashions
Cons
Rude customers
If you have a caring and supportive team then it could be perfect
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster East VIC29 August 2017
it's a struggle and I don't have enough words to discribe the disappointment I experienced.
The highlight of working there were the customers even if at times it was a challenge in its self.
Pros
Customers, enriching your customer skills
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Staff were lovely to work with. Management ok, but unrealistic expectations on staff in our store
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albany WA28 July 2017
A very high task company to work for. Very task oriented, making it difficult to help customers. Low staff numbers for size of store. Loved the ladies I worked with, and the customers. I learnt how to merchandise the stock, and present the best option for customers. The hardest part was to be able to get all tasks completed within upper management time frame. A very large store, with very little staff, but still able to present the store and merchandise to their best advantage.
Loved developing positive relationships with customers. In a country town (city), living closely to customers, meant we built a genuine rapport with them. The best part of the job.
Pros
Lovely staff in store, and customers
Cons
Long hours and high expectations
All good.
Retail Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Hamilton VIC9 July 2017
All good. A typical day at work involved: serving customers (mainly female), cleaning and tidying, hanging new stock, checking the changerooms to see if any assistance was needed, cash-handling, vaccuuming,...
Pros
The customers were generally happy and easy to please.
Cons
No cons involved.
Great benefits, cheap clothing.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 June 2017
The staff were lovely although run off their feet as the store was always busy. Too much stock to put away and not enough space. Manager wasn't the best at training and passed it off to her staff to train me and if they didn't have time I didn't get taught properly.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Long hours on your feet, not enough decent training.
fun place to work at
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales5 April 2017
This was a good place to work with but under staffed sometimes but the ladies were good to work with and will go back there again was an easy job to do.
Very busy productive days
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  The Glen VIC30 November 2016
We have busy days, with customers, setting up new promotions, changing racks and walls.
First thing in the morning I check the IPad for any changes in set ups etc.
communicating with staff members coming on at lunch time with any changes and anything required to do.
The hardest part is while you are on your own dealing with customers and huge amounts of stock arriving in.
The enjoyable part is seeing customers leave happy with there purchase and knowing you have helped them reach there decision.
Pros
After starting at 7am for 2 mornings in a row to change the whole shop around, you get to leave earlier on the friday afternoon.
Cons
Leaving home at 5.40am in the winter to do a complete remix of the shop, starting before 7am.
Productive, Fun at Work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 September 2016
I enjoyed working with Millers, as management is very supporting, team enjoying while working, very cooperative and motivating.
love it best working environment ive ever been employed with by far
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW30 August 2016
since being employed within millers i have loved everything about the role to which i am happily employed .
this workplace has effective communication all staff and management are friendly like family in fact we all work together like family always help each other out in anyway we can .
there is no hardest part of the job everything is in order and we all know what we doing day to day .
my typical day at work is fantastic have coffee clock on and have the best day ever doing the best job ever
Pros
everything
Good, but all take no give.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA20 April 2016
Millers, is a fun and great company to work for, however if you are looking for stability in your hours, this isnt the company for you.
Management often ignores you, and the pay isnt the best.
You work hard and long for no reward.
however, it is an easy job, and the customers are fantastic.
Pros
its a job.
Cons
Low pay, no appreciation for their workers, not stable hours.