Millers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Millers Employee Reviews

Australia48 reviews
My manager at the time was a narcissist there was a lot of lying From her to her supervisors about staff . Eventually she was caught out in her lies at the time very stressful to all that worked there whilst she was boss. Area manager stretched thin.
Miller’s chain has been sold And management has changed and improved
Pros
Pay and Discount
Cons
Manager at time liar, mood swings. No support
Millers is a horrible place to work. If QLD is your region, resign or be prepared. The regional manager is anger inducing and will not help you. It’s not worth it. No support and getting constantly screamed at for things out of your control is no workplace to be at. This place made me genuinely depressed. Would not recommend.
This company is only interested in dollars , profit, sales.
The customer service is not a Priority in this company only if they spend their money ... the focus is on conversion not on listening to the customer requirements... the quality of stock has significantly decreased but the company doesn’t want to acknowledge it or hear it !

You will work hard for your low salary with this company

Always needing to answer why people aren’t buying the stock

But aren’t prepared to hear the reasons or fix them
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Expectations are too high
Friendly staff
Great team to work for

Never any issues

Training was simple and easy to follow

Organised

Looks after their staff and customers

Flexible
a typical day is getting lots at deliveries @20-45 boxes a day, on top of cleaning u after the messiest customers.

work place culture at most stores a pretty good, but some the manger gos overseas with staff, and they get the hrs, and I don't like that treat everyone the same.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Over worked and underpaid for most of the staff. Not enough staff when VM changes are required, one staff member can't do VM and look after customers.
Pros
Good discount on clothes
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from management
I had worked for Millers for many years and recommend anyone one for this company, they are very supportive and they ofter great training to further your skills
This was a good place to work where I had a little fun with customers each day while working to ensure the store ran to company policies and procedures. I used to relay the store to show off new stock and place stock into clearance racks depending where the relay required.
I learned a lot about the fashion industry as this was my first time in this industry. I was responsible for training other staff to be able to run the store in my absence from doing books to wages and accepting stock into store or transferring out to another store. The most enjoyable part of each day was working and helping customers pick an outfit that suited them. The hardest part was keeping up with all the changes through out the store on a Daily Basis.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Only had coverage for 3 hours a day.
Great perks for both customers and staff. They have also helped me to learn a wide variety of the ins and outs of retail and customer service. I have learnt how to merchandise, receive and send out stock, different approaches to customers and what its like to both work as a team and an individual.
Pros
discount on staff purchases in a vatiety of companys and flexible hours
great place to work hours are varied staff great to work with, managers really easy to communicate with and the best part of the job is learning to dress mannequins and handle customer inquiries and now you have done a good job
Pros
staff purchases
Cons
stock take
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Millers?
It was algood at first but i felt like their was favoritism in the working industry that i was at. the other workers were fine but somethings they'll chuck a fit about and it wouldnt be that big of deal.
Pros
free treats
Cons
not good culture
I always enjoyed working at Millers the crew were fun and upbeat, working in the fashion industry has its challages . millers made it all the more easier with a wonderfull choice of stock, lots of returning loyal customers
Pros
staff discounts
Work mates were lovely and always supportive. Everyone always got it and help each other out to complete our daily tasks. Thoroughly enjoyed serving our wonderful customers.
Every day at millers is different. The main focus is always Customer Service. It also involves visual merchandising and stock control and placement. You need a good knowledge of banking and cash handling also. The fun part is getting to see all the new fashions that are coming in and helping customers put together a great outfit
Pros
Get to see all the latest fashions
Cons
Rude customers
it's a struggle and I don't have enough words to discribe the disappointment I experienced.
The highlight of working there were the customers even if at times it was a challenge in its self.
Pros
Customers, enriching your customer skills
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
A very high task company to work for. Very task oriented, making it difficult to help customers. Low staff numbers for size of store. Loved the ladies I worked with, and the customers. I learnt how to merchandise the stock, and present the best option for customers. The hardest part was to be able to get all tasks completed within upper management time frame. A very large store, with very little staff, but still able to present the store and merchandise to their best advantage.
Loved developing positive relationships with customers. In a country town (city), living closely to customers, meant we built a genuine rapport with them. The best part of the job.
Pros
Lovely staff in store, and customers
Cons
Long hours and high expectations
All good. A typical day at work involved: serving customers (mainly female), cleaning and tidying, hanging new stock, checking the changerooms to see if any assistance was needed, cash-handling, vaccuuming,...
Pros
The customers were generally happy and easy to please.
Cons
No cons involved.
The staff were lovely although run off their feet as the store was always busy. Too much stock to put away and not enough space. Manager wasn't the best at training and passed it off to her staff to train me and if they didn't have time I didn't get taught properly.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Long hours on your feet, not enough decent training.
This was a good place to work with but under staffed sometimes but the ladies were good to work with and will go back there again was an easy job to do.
We have busy days, with customers, setting up new promotions, changing racks and walls.
First thing in the morning I check the IPad for any changes in set ups etc.

communicating with staff members coming on at lunch time with any changes and anything required to do.

The hardest part is while you are on your own dealing with customers and huge amounts of stock arriving in.

The enjoyable part is seeing customers leave happy with there purchase and knowing you have helped them reach there decision.
Pros
After starting at 7am for 2 mornings in a row to change the whole shop around, you get to leave earlier on the friday afternoon.
Cons
Leaving home at 5.40am in the winter to do a complete remix of the shop, starting before 7am.
I enjoyed working with Millers, as management is very supporting, team enjoying while working, very cooperative and motivating.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9