MILLS CONSTRUCTION

16: MILLS CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Good but not great

It was a good company but my boss was not a great boss. The hours were long because you were on call every 3rd week. They did do a good job of taking care of their employees.

Horrible bosses

Worst people ive ever met. Tyler mills is a loser with no sense of accomplishment as the company was just given to him. Hes never worked a day in his life and doesnt pay his employees a fair wage. Raises are few and far between. This company is surrounded in law suits and horrible workers no one is certified. (as their office workers take the tests for everyone) this company is full of liars and cheats. DO NOT APPLY ILUNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SUED FOR REALLY REALLY BAD WORKERS

Pros

Cons

All horrible people

Great learning experience

I love the learning experience since I’ve been with the company, the company manager is supportive. We do everything from framing a house up to finish work. Great experience so far.

You are Expendable

No Benefits, Lots of nasty work environments, does not practice good safety in the work area. This is a fire damage restoration company that works on all types of fire damaged homes. The pay does not reflect the work you put into these nasty homes.

If you like Building barn related products a great place to go.

Fun, easygoing,Great people to work with. They have a great work ethic and work well with their employees. Don't hesitate to ask any questions because will get a professional polite answer.

Pros

They build barns

Great place to learn

Enjoyed my time at mills, unfornuately i wanted more overtime and a higher wage. Owners are very caring people to work for, and the 8 hours a day provided a great home life

Great company

Work is always serious but a great boss and company.very positive enviorment. They will give anyone a chance and has alot of repeat customers. Whrcjjggkjcvjhd bc gj

Pros

8 hrs a day

Good learning experience

Company shutdown but was a good learning experience coming out of high school. Owner was very good to work for and did very nice work. Hours were easy.

I found the work environment to be toxic.

I did general carpentry work, cement work, sheet-rocking, dry-walling, remodeling, cabinet installation, steel and wood framing, and demolition work. Used power tools. Worked on both residential and commercial construction.

Pros

The company provided good benefits.

Cons

I found the work environment to be toxic.

Family owned construction company

This was a one time thriving family construction company that the husband and wife have went into retirement and are now not doing much but managing their own rentals.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MILLS CONSTRUCTION?

owner

I was learning to run a company and keep all your employees covered with insurance, work and make a good environment to work in. everyday u would teach all your workers different ways to do projects

Pros

freindly

Cons

driving the long distance to work

Productive and life changing

Setting forms, digging, putting in rebar, pouring concrete I learned how to finish concrete and manage a work crew co-workers came and went hardest part of the job was maintaining a solid finishing crew besides two people

Pros

Great trade to learn

Cons

Terrible pay

Dedication Hard work Co-workers were lively I learned how to conduct a crew

Pros

Learning experience with discipline

Cons

Health Insurance

Hostile work enviroment, erratic owner

I worked for the company from Aug 2013 until Jan 2014 in four months time I saw over 30 employees come and go from this small business. Some quite but many were fired for little or no reason by what I can only describe as an irrational owner. My first two nights sleep after leaving there were the best nights sleep I had in months. At times I felt he may care about his employees but it is hard for me to say he truly does. The pay was not bad for this area, but not entirely worth the sleepless nights I had while working there. There were many days working 15 plus hours, one as long as 25.5 hours and returning to work the next day with only 5 hours of down time.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Irational owner

Very secure job

great officer workers, in general a very professional company

loved everyone

great learning experience installing fence of All types,working at different locations in and out of state

Pros

great coworkers

Cons

owners sold company and new owners didnt have morals that i was used to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MILLS CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MILLS CONSTRUCTION
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?