Mimco Employee Reviews

aaaaaa
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 May 2019
great store. lovely people.
opportunity to engage and connect with customers. I strongly believe that every customer should have a unique customer service experience and being served by someone who will assist and help their needs and wants. I was given a chance to work in retail before in the fashion industry which was really fun and enjoyable.
Lonely
Concession Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 February 2019
I worked as a concession manager during time at Mimco.
I worked 90% of the job on my own from 9am-7pm three days a week.
It was a very easy job and I never felt challenged in my position. I made noise about wanting to advance and progress into a new role.
I had very little support from the management teams as everyone was more focused on their own advancement.
I felt very lonely in my role and would not go back.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Long hours, lonely work, unchallenged
A comfortable work environment.
Sales assistant/senior staff (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC24 July 2018
All staff members were a pleasure to work with.

Each week we had staff meetings and practised selling the items, generally the items that were harder to sell. We would focus on our people skills and the manner in which we should speak and act toward customers.

Mimco was a company where you get out what you put in.
I really appreciated the opportunity I had to work there, staff benefits were a highlight and all managemnt looked after their staff members really well.

When our manager went on leave I was appointed 'acting assistant manager' as I worked hard and proved that I could do the tasks.
The tasks were not too different from my 'previous role' but any customer queries or complaints would come to me if our acting manager was not on shift. I would open and close the store and have written tasks for myself and the staff that were working that day.

We were taught that there was always a task to be done and were always keeping busy throughout the day.

I received weekly calls from my manager telling me all they great feeback she had from customers and how well the store did that week. Any issues were handled swiftly and without any fuss.
Cons
The pay wasnt great.
Boring and always looking for extra work to fill in time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 October 2017
I worked at Mimco, located at Perth domestic airport. The hours and shift times were not consistent, and most of the time it was very quiet.
My role was a sales assistant which consisted of knowing the names, fabrics, etc of season stock. We had mystery shoppers always checking in on us, making sure that we were always on the ball.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Airport hours, not busy enough