Mimco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mimco Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
Typical days at work were a solitary juggling act that routinely consisted of Myer customer verbal abuse and rude Myer staff. I worked mostly in the Mimco concession inside Myer although it was in my contract to work in the stand alone store.

When working in my rightful store I learned to pick/pack and dispatch online orders and was highly sufficient in product knowledge.

Management at the start of my employment was organised, professional and caring. Later in my time working for the company management changed and became thoroughly disorganised and delegation was abused to the point of making tasks for one person impossible.

The culture at Mimco includes strict policies of appearance stating in contracts that you must show 3 signs of make up and although I abided by this I was still subject to question and comment both to my face and behind my back regarding the ammount of my make-up. As a woman with ethnic features I was told I looked sick, tired or washed out and was labelled 'the hispanic one' by an area manager who never learned my name when pointing out I do not wear enough make-up. This whoever did not happen to my white colleagues, most of which did not wear make-up and were not asked.

The hardest part of working in Mimco was taking customer abuse from customers that belonged to another brand.

The most enjoyable was when working for the managers who knew what they were doing.

I would like to stress that it was not always like this and I'm sure other Mimco stores were different as I had covered shifts in other districts in the past and it was perfectly
 - more...
The I worked with were amazing made it so easy and fun. But you’d be stuck on your own from 10am till 6pm with no lunch and know one to cover because they wouldn’t put anyone on to cover lunch breaks!
Pros
Cons
Not enough discounts
great store. lovely people.
opportunity to engage and connect with customers. I strongly believe that every customer should have a unique customer service experience and being served by someone who will assist and help their needs and wants. I was given a chance to work in retail before in the fashion industry which was really fun and enjoyable.
I worked as a concession manager during time at Mimco.
I worked 90% of the job on my own from 9am-7pm three days a week.

It was a very easy job and I never felt challenged in my position. I made noise about wanting to advance and progress into a new role.

I had very little support from the management teams as everyone was more focused on their own advancement.

I felt very lonely in my role and would not go back.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Long hours, lonely work, unchallenged
All staff members were a pleasure to work with.

Each week we had staff meetings and practised selling the items, generally the items that were harder to sell. We would focus on our people skills and the manner in which we should speak and act toward customers.

Mimco was a company where you get out what you put in.

I really appreciated the opportunity I had to work there, staff benefits were a highlight and all managemnt looked after their staff members really well.

When our manager went on leave I was appointed 'acting assistant manager' as I worked hard and proved that I could do the tasks.

The tasks were not too different from my 'previous role' but any customer queries or complaints would come to me if our acting manager was not on shift. I would open and close the store and have written tasks for myself and the staff that were working that day.

We were taught that there was always a task to be done and were always keeping busy throughout the day.

I received weekly calls from my manager telling me all they great feeback she had from customers and how well the store did that week. Any issues were handled swiftly and without any fuss.
Cons
The pay wasnt great.
I worked at Mimco, located at Perth domestic airport. The hours and shift times were not consistent, and most of the time it was very quiet.
My role was a sales assistant which consisted of knowing the names, fabrics, etc of season stock. We had mystery shoppers always checking in on us, making sure that we were always on the ball.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Airport hours, not busy enough
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mimco?