Ministry of Health Employee Reviews

Not a place to progress a career
Contract Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington NZ7 March 2019
The culture at the Ministry is very manager centric, there is little scope for advancement unless you are specifically targeted.
The roles sound more significant than what they actually are, the descriptions are not realistic at all. Due to the heirecial nature of the structure there are many labourers fuelling what the chiefs require to succeed in their roles.
The teams are made up of good crews, if it wasn’t for colleagues the unnatural attrition rate would be even higher.
Pros
Close to town
Cons
Parternalistic management style
diligent, analytical and passionate
Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Kabwe8 July 2018
A typical day at work involves planning, coordinating and directing administrative functions at the general hospital, as as well as report writing, problem solving and conflict resolution. I have learnt how to work with a diverse group of people in terms or professional, social, gender and educational level. I enjoy interacting with all my fellow workers and I heave learn that everyone has a valid role to play given the right platform. Since teamwork is very important to me, I have also learnt how to cultivate and channel people's skills into their work tasks as a manger. The hardest part of my job is working with very limited resources but that enables me to be more resourceful and continually elevate the moral of members of staff. The most enjoyable part is planning as a team, monitoring and evaluating our programmes because it gives us an opportunity to map out our course of action, work towards our goal and celebrate successes together.
Pros
daily morning brief
Cons
occasionally slow internet connection
Nice Environment
Administrative assistant based (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW16 December 2017
Nice Environment for work.
Helpful management team.
Flex option where if any employee works extra hours can get a day off on the basis of extra hours.
Not productive . inadequate environments for work
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Damascus QLD12 August 2017
the work here is just not acceptable as a residency program eg . 24 hours shift in emergency department for 15 days per months.
the hygiene standards that are used in hospitals are not sufficient and put everyone in the hospital in hazardous risks .
Finally , the salaries are way beyond cheap .
productive and fun workplace
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Lautoka14 June 2017
its enjoyble because i work in hospital where many people comes and safety is more concern...i have to travel to other division to do maintenance when requreid.
The outreach and doing the roadshow
Awarenesses and doing the outreach (Current Employee) –  Naverevere10 April 2017
During work I am totally having a great time and learned something like printing the forms or something. The hardest part of the job was the outreach and the most enjoyable part of the job is the roadshow.
Pros
Free hours
MOH workplacement-
Nursing Student - Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Cook Island6 December 2016
learnt how to prescribe medications, give them to patients. workers was so helpful. hardest part is remembering the name of bills and what sickness they are good for. enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
It is quiet a Fun work place with easy going staff
Peer Support Leader/ Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Rakiraki18 October 2016
> I've learned how to handle few Complaints
> relationship with co-workers are fun & interesting
> Hardest part is that am not paid although we came late afternoon
> I love my Job
Pros
some times free pick-ups
Cons
long hours, 16 hours in some of the time
Table tennis and volley ball and soccer etc
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New South Wales24 February 2016
I like the work place and I need to help with different kind of people
especially the patients and old people
And also I can help the nurses and doctor some time for posting the chart report ,example discharge patients for the hospital fees

Location was hundred precent and tidy area and clean I like the Management and the staff
Fast paced and high fidelity encounters on a day to day basis.
Doctor (Current Employee) –  M106 December 2015
I have been blessed with the opportunity to work in a neuro-trauma center as part of the anaesthesia and intensive care team. Working in the largest ICU in the country with a high bed turn over rate has its challenges but has also trained me to be level headed, quick on my feet and able to assess and stabilize critically ill patients. Having fantastic intensivists who are passionate and dedicated has inspired me to further my clinical knowledge and skills in this area. I am blessed with a fantastic team of coworkers that alleviate the stress and make my working environment highly enjoyable.
Pros
Steep learning curve
Cons
Poor salary
i cant able to contact sponcer
Occupational Health Officer (Former Employee) –  MELBOURE,VLC9 November 2014
Iam very much interested in this job, i done OSHA CERTIFICATION FROM USA AND CIVIL DEFFENCE FROM INDIA.
Hospital Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Macksville, NSW31 January 2014
Working within a team is fantastic. The range of duties is enormous and the support from nursing and medical staff is generally very good. Small rural hospitals are great places to work.