Ministry of Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Health Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
This is the sri lankan government body that delivers the free health for the sri lankan people.
Though sri lanka is a developing country it has a low neonatal mortality rate.
No scope for advancement - was micromanaged mercilessly and had to work with a very patronising team leader who was very bad at her job. Senior management didn't know what they were doing and it was frustrating to say the least
The culture at the Ministry is very manager centric, there is little scope for advancement unless you are specifically targeted.
The roles sound more significant than what they actually are, the descriptions are not realistic at all. Due to the heirecial nature of the structure there are many labourers fuelling what the chiefs require to succeed in their roles.

The teams are made up of good crews, if it wasn’t for colleagues the unnatural attrition rate would be even higher.
Pros
Close to town
Cons
Parternalistic management style
A typical day at work involves planning, coordinating and directing administrative functions at the general hospital, as as well as report writing, problem solving and conflict resolution. I have learnt how to work with a diverse group of people in terms or professional, social, gender and educational level. I enjoy interacting with all my fellow workers and I heave learn that everyone has a valid role to play given the right platform. Since teamwork is very important to me, I have also learnt how to cultivate and channel people's skills into their work tasks as a manger. The hardest part of my job is working with very limited resources but that enables me to be more resourceful and continually elevate the moral of members of staff. The most enjoyable part is planning as a team, monitoring and evaluating our programmes because it gives us an opportunity to map out our course of action, work towards our goal and celebrate successes together.
Pros
daily morning brief
Cons
occasionally slow internet connection
Nice Environment for work.
Helpful management team.

Flex option where if any employee works extra hours can get a day off on the basis of extra hours.
the work here is just not acceptable as a residency program eg . 24 hours shift in emergency department for 15 days per months.
the hygiene standards that are used in hospitals are not sufficient and put everyone in the hospital in hazardous risks .

Finally , the salaries are way beyond cheap .
its enjoyble because i work in hospital where many people comes and safety is more concern...i have to travel to other division to do maintenance when requreid.
During work I am totally having a great time and learned something like printing the forms or something. The hardest part of the job was the outreach and the most enjoyable part of the job is the roadshow.
Pros
Free hours
Cons
learnt how to prescribe medications, give them to patients. workers was so helpful. hardest part is remembering the name of bills and what sickness they are good for. enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
> I've learned how to handle few Complaints
> relationship with co-workers are fun & interesting

> Hardest part is that am not paid although we came late afternoon

> I love my Job
Pros
some times free pick-ups
Cons
long hours, 16 hours in some of the time
I like the work place and I need to help with different kind of people
especially the patients and old people

And also I can help the nurses and doctor some time for posting the chart report ,example discharge patients for the hospital fees

Location was hundred precent and tidy area and clean I like the Management and the staff
I have been blessed with the opportunity to work in a neuro-trauma center as part of the anaesthesia and intensive care team. Working in the largest ICU in the country with a high bed turn over rate has its challenges but has also trained me to be level headed, quick on my feet and able to assess and stabilize critically ill patients. Having fantastic intensivists who are passionate and dedicated has inspired me to further my clinical knowledge and skills in this area. I am blessed with a fantastic team of coworkers that alleviate the stress and make my working environment highly enjoyable.
Pros
Steep learning curve
Cons
Poor salary
Iam very much interested in this job, i done OSHA CERTIFICATION FROM USA AND CIVIL DEFFENCE FROM INDIA.
Working within a team is fantastic. The range of duties is enormous and the support from nursing and medical staff is generally very good. Small rural hospitals are great places to work.