Minjar Gold
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Minjar Gold Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
Love the job and roster ,salary is okay but unfortunately the contract is comming to an end and i was'nt informed when i accepted the position.But have enjoyed my time here.
Pros
The Roster is family friendly
Cons
Paid monthly
Responsibilities:
• Managed tenement package in Western Australia and assisting the company for initiating mining operations.

• Establish systems and controls to administer land assets and joint venture and heritage agreements.

• Develop and maintain good relationship with Native Title Holders, Joint Venture Partners and Government Departments.

• Monitor procedures in accordance with key legislative changes.

• Managed a Heritage Liaison Officer, managed the Cross-Cultural Training and managed Heritage Agreements and ensured compliance with Heritage Agreements including royalty payments

Accomplishments:

• Established Tenement databases and improved operations for the tenement portfolio in monitoring expenditure and work requirements. Trained in LandTracker tenement management software.

• Established good relationships with West Australian Government Departments, Joint Venture companies and Native Title Holders.

• Completed negotiations for a Heritage Mining Agreement in 9 months.

• Completed Joint Venture Partner Agreement negotiations in 9 months after 2 years of legal battles. Worked closely with Wardens Court to resolve objections.

• Managed corporate legal negotiations to successful completions.

• Carried out due diligence on new tenement acquisitions and exploration and mining project acquisitions and managed dealings with The Office of State Revenue.
Pros
Good working conditions
The mines are generally run well with decent staff. This can largely be attributed to many being ex-Evolution Mining staff at the time of Minjar Gold acquiring them with their first mine.
Pros
Good staff.
Cons
Inexperience as a mining company.
Fantastic family friendly roster, probably the best mine-site caterers in WA, industry average salary and little job security due to current 6 x month mine life.
Pros
Camp food and roster
Cons
Present life of mine and salary
At work every thing were good, most the day you have to fly back home, every body is exciting.
I learned many thing at once. how to manage the life skill with different people, everyone is coming with his own idea, and we discus together , then we arrive to a good conclusion.

The hardest part of the job for me it's when the mill is shutting down, everything is not good, because we are doing thing different and there is not any production,....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overall great place to work. Great people excellent productive, safety and communication standards all round. Family type environment. Short lived as this was a short term position.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Minjar Gold?