MinterEllison
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MinterEllison Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
Lots of opportunity to move and pivot into different team and groups. New management team meant that there was lots of confusion for some time, although overall, a great place to work.
High-profile in presentation. Primary focus is client exploitation. Average remuneration, high demands, limited perks. Zero care for employees. Extreme left-wing political culture, constant backstabbing and low-morale among employees.
Stunning offices, amazing views and light filled spaces. A subsisded cafe with great food and coffee. You will get a different experience of the culture and the quality of work you get to do depending on which team you work with.
I had fun working at Minter Ellison and learned so much, but when I left, i was ready to expand my knowledge in my field. Unfortunately I couldn't advance my career as much as I'd like.
very busy day

legal sector requires much dedication and hard work

focus is key

hardest part is identifying issues

most enjoyable is work enviroment
I would have lasted in this firm but my partner boss suffered from bowel cancer, so I had to leave.

I love the work in Banking and Finance, very enjoyable and I can apply my knowledge.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Nil
Good, award-winning firm with top transactions. Collaborative across specialisations. Workplace culture is professional with lot of autonomy - light touch management.
Working with Minter Ellison was an amazing experience. I have learnt alot of new things. I have seen the process that goes on in the office business and also the environment that they offer. I enjoyed every part of my experience. Learning new skills and technique in order to get the job done.
The hardest part for me was getting use to the hours that they finish and start work. This is because as a student I have never adapted to the hours that the business people are use to. However, throughout my experience and my time with Minter Ellison I have learnt a lot and it is a great environment to work in.
Minter Ellison was a great place for work experience, everyone was so lovely, welcoming and easy-going. A typical day at work for me was amending documents.
Been here for 10 and a half years. seen so many changes to the firm. People who I work with are great people in the business services dept. the internal clients are sometimes unorganized and very demanding expect the impossible sometimes
Pros
work life balence
Cons
People can be demanding
Top 4 law firm. Get to work close with the Partners and all are very nice.

Has a great reputation in the market.

Invests a lot in Junior staff team members.
Average company for non-legal staff. Poor promotion policy. Old-school management. Below average salary policy. Lots of staff benefits.
Secretarial duties in a professional environment, peers were friendly, learnt new aspects of the mergers and acquisitions team
At Minter Ellison, there are many different fields within the legal services such as Financial Management, Taxation and IT services. I learnt that there were many key roles into contributing the success at the company. Overall, the co-workers provided a bubbly yet productive environment to work in.