Mission Australia Employee Reviews

Rude people
BUSINESS ADMIN TRAINESSHIP (Former Employee) –  Cringila NSW4 October 2018
Never work there worst place I’ve worked
Very rude and mean. Unprofessional workplace. Fired for sickness. Unfair dismissal. Didn’t care about your health or safety.
committment is required
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 September 2018
hard work long hours and not much support.
reward is helping people
I have learned that we have a lot to offer a person who is willing to take advantage of these opportunities.
Pros
doing good work
Cons
vicarius trauma
Productive and kind environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 June 2018
I thought it was a nice place to work based on the staff, e.i my trainer was a lovely woman and the rest of the staff were always helpful. The clients seemed to be satisfied, and having since worked in other JSP offices I found Mission Australia provided service to clients that was both effective and enjoyable for all parties included.
Enjoyable work
Home Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wollicreek5 June 2018
This was a volunteering job that I did for a short time, finished this home tutor scheme because founding was changing.

Teaching students in their home was an interesting job.
I did really enjoy it although my student was not very consistant and was away a lot so it didn't feel like she learnt as much as I wanted.

Nice management always responded quickly by e-mail or a phone call.

Would have been nice to catch up with other teachers in the same situation to see how the where doing.
great place to learn with
Student (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC19 April 2018
really good place to study at, i learned so much.the location was fantastic, it was a really enjoyable experience for me to learn a new skill in a warm friendly environment
Excellent Company
Sales Mentor VTEC (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD, Brisbane, Cairns9 April 2018
Mission Australia is a long standing company in the Jobactive industry. It prides it self as being a leader, and are very supportive with staff and staff development.
Pros
Excellent values
Great work, attitude, people
Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2018
Typical day of work: Take IT requests & issues and address them. Consulted regarding future projects.

What you learned: I've learnt that it's OK to say no.

Management: It isn't stable.

Workplace culture: People care about what they do. There are silos. There's politics.

Hardest part of the job: Explaining dumb user mistakes to the user without embarrassing them.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Solving difficult and interesting problems. Discussions with really smart teammates. Friday lunches, Friday drinks, Friday in general.
Great experience, however moved to SA.
Community Service Worker (Former Employee) –  NSW6 November 2017
Working with youth in an independent living environment.
I was able to utilize skills from my own life experienc e.g. living skills, hygiene, cooking, laundry
A good organisation to work for
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Goondiwindi QLD13 July 2017
The Mission Australia nondenominational christian culture is applied to their organisation and this gives employees the security in knowing they are valued as an employee.

There is an excellent work family balance and chaplaincy is provided at time of stress.

You are able to salary sacrifice and the wage is in accordance with expertise experiences.

When meeting targets staff are rewarded with discount vouchers and at Christmas staff are shouted meals at local restaurant.
Pros
Good pay and working conditions
Cons
some managers lack people skills
Interesting and exciting type of clients
ENGLISH, COMPUTER AND EMPLOYMENT SKILLS TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Sydney2 July 2017
Mission Australia is a great organisation for the services that it provides and the clients that it strives for, specially disadvantaged members of community.
Pros
Staff counselling and support
Cons
Job insecurity
Good place to work - contract only.
Acting Administration Officer / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA6 June 2017
Pleasant working conditions. Caring fellow employees. Help people who really needed help so lots of job satisfaction.
Was a fixed contract position
Pros
Near home - convenient location
Cons
Great staff with diverse work place
StandBy Crisis Response Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Newman WA24 May 2017
Great work work conditions.
Training was appropriate and good.
Management are professional and supportive of staff.
Salary was a bit under par considering remoteness of workplace.
Pros
Use of company car and diverse work practices
Cons
long hot days
fun place
Pathway Advisor/ Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 April 2017
Productive and professional work culture. Employees are treated with respect and provided adequate training. Constructive performance reviews are part of the work culture.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Occasional long hours
Excellent mission and ethos
SEE PROGRAM ADULT EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Katherine NT13 March 2017
The workplace culture varies from place to place but the key value of celebrating our successes no matter how minor was so useful when the work involves such misery and hardship with clients. The values are strong and when they are embodied the company is a great place to work.

For the day to day work of all staff put great effort in to help their clients and make a real effort to change their lives. I learned how to embody the spirit of Mission Australia and strive to live up to the moral and ethical framework of the organisation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal relationships created with clients and colleagues. The people I worked with made it worth coming to work. Which makes it hard to understand how the management can fail to put the resources into Human Resource management and take care of their people. In an effort to reduce the often unnecessary bureaucracy they have cut back on middle management, including HR and the organisation suffers. The battle between helping people and making ends meet can also make it harder to do our jobs under so much stress.

The organisation is great to work for and most of the staff are fantastic. Overall a great place and doing fantastic things for the community.
Pros
Great benefits to the community
Cons
The need to meet the spreadsheet targets
Productive centre.
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW27 February 2017
As a work placement student, they didn't welcome me as much as I would have liked them too. Lovely staff, productive and good routines and activities for the children
Great services for the community
IT Service Centre Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2017
Be Punctual and expect the same with colleagues
Team Work
Room to improve services
Celebration of personal and team achievement
Work life balance
Opportunity to grow
Career progression
Pros
Recognition and reward
Cons
Limited resources
No comment
IT Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 February 2017
Average employer. With lots of issues
two faced management and staff
Too much load for 1 person.
Horrible career advancement
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Always busy
Mission Australia were the most supportive organisation I have ever worked for.
Offender Reintegration Support (ORSS) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wide Bay QLD17 February 2017
Great work ethic, very understanding and willing to assist in any way possible. My manager was happy to muck in with the rest of the team if need be. The team were great and we worked well together even though we were spread far and wide across Queensland.
Pros
Flexible and understanding
Transforming Lives
Sales Support Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW5 February 2017
I worked with Mission Australia for 3.5 years in a range of roles from Job Placement, Sales Rep, Claims Officer to Reception to Caseworker (some days), as we had several periods with very low levels of staff it wasn't uncommon for staff to be doing 3 peoples work without getting the time to do it, we had high quality of jobseekers and not enough caseworkers to assist properly in finding employment, I worked 12 hour days (7am - 7pm) just to get work done as I was usually the only one doing anything, however management didn't care let alone acknowledge when you would go above and beyond the role to get the best outcome, but as soon as something went wrong you would be chastised and asked why you couldn't do better.
However whilst I was there I did gain many skills on how to interact with diverse cultures and people of all different walks of life, understanding mental illness and disabilities and gaining skills and using programs that I had never used before as well as being able to help those who had been unemployed find work for the first time in 10 years which was the best part of the role.
Pros
Staff
Cons
friendly workmate and nice and safe work enviroment
Home Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 January 2017
i think in this place managment is good and also work mate so nice and friendly . they help each other and also they share their ideas toghether .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Australia. Our community is ready to answer.