Mission Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mission Australia Employee Reviews

Every work place have stress and disadvantages,like here few things needs to be change. But another side of point of view, the place we work here and work for them, are the Residents who leaves here. Most of them have not easy life like us,they don’t feel like us and think like us,so for me is help and support them not only work.also give our bit of our time to show our respect and make them to feel someone is still there for them.I am glad working here, when things happen for this reason from top to bottom we all staffs work together to help and support Residents.I am wishing in future this culture will continue
Pros
Thats the good thing if we had any celebration, all staff got apperception launch
Cons
For casual staff yes, but permanent staff same everyday
Pros: I enjoy the client work and the freedom to approach the work in an individual manner, with little micro-managing. The pay is also not too bad for an NGO. Cons: - There are too many unskilled/inexperienced people in management positions - Culture of nepotism where managers hire friends and promote them shortly after (about 80-90% of all promotions during the time I have been employed here) - Little opportunity of development (unless you are good friends with the team leaders) - Continuous unaccounted for absences and leave granted to close friends of management - There has been some questionable circumstances around what the budget has been utilised for, with extreme amendments towards each EOFY, impacting both clients and workers
Pros
Interesting work with clients
Cons
Nepotism, corruption and lack of development opportunities
I had 10 great years. Not perfect, but what job is? Sad to see the program fail after a few of us left. I would recommend Mission Australia as a great place to work.
Pros
Fun environment. No 2 days the same
Cons
The business lost its heart and purpose
Mission Australia is a female dominated organisation that mainly looks to employ women. Males are rarely in decision making or supervisory roles. There appears to be anti male sentiment and males (myself and other males) feel treated as suspect or to be watched when working with women and/or children/youth. Not a very positive working environment for men.
A day at Mission Australia is very educating. It requires - setting goals, answering all the emails, meeting with clients, engage in group activities.
Fast Paced, fun and balanced. The non for profit environment was a pleasure to work in. I would recommend anyone living in Australia to consider working for this company if you have IT experience
It was a great experience working for Mission Australia & working at Bloomfield Hospital, unfortunately due to no more funding I was unable to stay on.
I have had the pleasure of working across two different services during my time with Mission Australia, due to redeployment from a program that lost its funding in late 2017. When I was initially employed, the person who had been in my role had already left a couple of months before my appointment. It just happened I was fortunate enough to have a state office staff member take me under her wing and induct me into my role as best she could, however the specifics of the program I had to work through with the handover information that the previous staff member had left me. This enabled me to add my own touch to the current systems and processes and shape the position as my own. Workplace culture was always one of hard work, with alot of light moments, to balance some of the complex situations that you could experience working in a high pressure environment. As with any workplace/team that has a mix of values, beliefs and personality traits there were clashes and cliques, but at the end of the day everyone always came together, supported each other and looked out for one another. In both positions I have worked in the pace is fast and varied. I have personally had the opportunity to perform higher duties in other roles in my time here, which was amazing! Being able to impact people's lives in the smallest of ways to me and see how it can make a life changing difference never ceases to amaze me and I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to be part of this organisation and reach into the community!
Pros
Flexibility when it comes to family, Great bunch of people to work with, Opportunities to impact the community you work in, Supportive, Approachable middle management, Salary sacrifice opportunities
Cons
Long hours, Not a lot of opportunity for career progression in certain departments if you're looking for that
Amazing staff Amazing atmosphere Easy going work life Most importantly, work with my clients and working within the community was my highlight. Being able to help people is rewarding and satisfying.
The facility is designed for minimal care needs, aged care consumers.... unfortunately that’s not the clients you have. Many there, have complex mental health conditions which really require trained, mental health nurses and not PCA’s with no training on how to de-escalate situations. If you value your safety ..... look elsewhere
Working with Mission Australia was a team work based and on multi cultural background. Always kept values of Mission Australia inside and outside. Completing work performance reviews frequently.Worked with good management team. Team bonding activities as team building lunch and festive celebrations.
Not a supportive environment. Management bullied staff. Lack of continuous internet access made job difficult to achieve the KPI's required. Management had favourites and it was obvious to all staff.
Worst company to work at. Run by non-Christian people who don’t want workers to succeed in their roles, or recognise the hard work their staff put in daily. Management were bullies.
Great place to work good benefits and additional training opportunities. Many locations to choose to work and easily transferable . All childcare centres can be a nasty environment and this was no exception
Awesome position working for M A. It was a new experience for me, the overall working environment, nine day fortnight with one day RDO per fortnight. All our staff learnt the varied work positions in our office, so one of us could take over that role in a moment's notice. Our team worked well together.
Busy day, collaboration between staff, always we think what is usefull for children such as what they are going to learn from an activity, giving children variety of options, children hygiene and safety first, all times sitting and playing with children and talking to them to reach what and how they are thinking in order to let us know how to scaffolding on activities from their interests. everyone working as a bee in this centre,everyone is endeavor to reach goals with children, we teach children about their health and wellbeing, sharing, manners, be responsible and a lot more. And participating to put our Centre QIP and of course as all educators I put in my room's QIP. Management is absolutely fabulous. The hardest part for teachers and educators in our centre (Except me) is a lot of paper work has to be done. Always we are updated with info through PD. The most enjoyable part that educators and senior educators giving me a chance to share responsibilities and learning from those responsibilities. I always say how lucky students who are coming to do their Practice in our centre they leave with huge learning experience as they have been given a chance to practice what they have studied and more and at the end they are most probably been offered a job with us. It is a grace and bless to work in this centre, And I always think how lucky are those children to attend our centre and I always wish that I knew this centre earlier so my children would have a chance to be here.
Hi whom it concerns It was a good place to learn for the students who were senior at this college.The student had something to look forward to. Given another chance to work for them I would. I also worked voluntary for one on one student as well. thank you.
- The centre manager was slamped the door and turned her back after she shouted at the staff. - Miss communicated everywhere. - Un fair and grumpy all day
Terrific. Challenging, professional, with a lot to learn. Great location. Great supervisory staff. It was a really good place to work. Good benefits too.
Pros
Relaxed, friendly, professional
Cons
Mission Australia practice their values more than we preach them. I have never felt so supported and understood by management and staff alike. An incredibly empowering and challenging (in a good way) environment. So many amazing programs run by amazing people for amazing yet vulnerable clients. A pleasure to be learning and growing with you all.
Pros
Salary Packaging and Managment.
Had the best boss ever, worked with great colleagues, lots of laughter, but work taken very seriously, always paid on time it was sad that I had to move to a different state, other wise would still be there 😁
Pros
Great staff
  1. Employee Reviews