Mission Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mission Australia Employee Reviews

Australia110 reviews
Productive and result orientated environment
A day at Mission Australia is very educating. It requires - setting goals, answering all the emails, meeting with clients, engage in group activities.
Fast Paced, Fun
Fast Paced, fun and balanced.

The non for profit environment was a pleasure to work in.

I would recommend anyone living in Australia to consider working for this company if you have IT experience
Highly Recommended
It was a great experience working for Mission Australia & working at Bloomfield Hospital, unfortunately due to no more funding I was unable to stay on.
I have had a fantastic experience within MA
I have had the pleasure of working across two different services during my time with Mission Australia, due to redeployment from a program that lost its funding in late 2017.
When I was initially employed, the person who had been in my role had already left a couple of months before my appointment. It just happened I was fortunate enough to have a state office staff member take me under her wing and induct me into my role as best she could, however the specifics of the program I had to work through with the handover information that the previous staff member had left me. This enabled me to add my own touch to the current systems and processes and shape the position as my own.

Workplace culture was always one of hard work, with alot of light moments, to balance some of the complex situations that you could experience working in a high pressure environment. As with any workplace/team that has a mix of values, beliefs and personality traits there were clashes and cliques, but at the end of the day everyone always came together, supported each other and looked out for one another.

In both positions I have worked in the pace is fast and varied. I have personally had the opportunity to perform higher duties in other roles in my time here, which was amazing!

Being able to impact people's lives in the smallest of ways to me and see how it can make a life changing difference never ceases to amaze me and I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to be part of this organisation and reach into the community!
Pros
Flexibility when it comes to family, Great bunch of people to work with, Opportunities to impact the community you work in, Supportive, Approachable middle management, Salary sacrifice opportunities
Cons
Long hours, Not a lot of opportunity for career progression in certain departments if you're looking for that
Wonderful
Amazing staff
Amazing atmosphere

Easy going work life

Most importantly, work with my clients and working within the community was my highlight. Being able to help people is rewarding and satisfying.
Staff culture & safety is extremely poor
The facility is designed for minimal care needs, aged care consumers.... unfortunately that’s not the clients you have. Many there, have complex mental health conditions which really require trained, mental health nurses and not PCA’s with no training on how to de-escalate situations. If you value your safety ..... look elsewhere
Production and celebrations
Working with Mission Australia was a team work based and on multi cultural background. Always kept values of Mission Australia inside and outside. Completing work performance reviews frequently.Worked with good management team. Team bonding activities as team building lunch and festive celebrations.
Poor management
Not a supportive environment. Management bullied staff.
Lack of continuous internet access made job difficult to achieve the KPI's required.

Management had favourites and it was obvious to all staff.
Worst job ever
Worst company to work at. Run by non-Christian people who don’t want workers to succeed in their roles, or recognise the hard work their staff put in daily. Management were bullies.
Great place to work good benefits and additional training opportunities. Many locations to choose to work and easily transferable . All childcare centres can be a nasty environment and this was no exception
Would recommend employment with MA
Awesome position working for M A.
It was a new experience for me, the overall working environment, nine day fortnight with one day RDO per fortnight.

All our staff learnt the varied work positions in our office, so one of us could take over that role in a moment's notice. Our team worked well together.
Productive, Learning experience
Busy day, collaboration between staff, always we think what is usefull for children such as what they are going to learn from an activity, giving children variety of options, children hygiene and safety first, all times sitting and playing with children and talking to them to reach what and how they are thinking in order to let us know how to scaffolding on activities from their interests. everyone working as a bee in this centre,everyone is endeavor to reach goals with children, we teach children about their health and wellbeing, sharing, manners, be responsible and a lot more. And participating to put our Centre QIP and of course as all educators I put in my room's QIP.
Management is absolutely fabulous.

The hardest part for teachers and educators in our centre (Except me) is a lot of paper work has to be done.

Always we are updated with info through PD.

The most enjoyable part that educators and senior educators giving me a chance to share responsibilities and learning from those responsibilities.

I always say how lucky students who are coming to do their Practice in our centre they leave with huge learning experience as they have been given a chance to practice what they have studied and more and at the end they are most probably been offered a job with us.

It is a grace and bless to work in this centre, And I always think how lucky are those children to attend our centre and I always wish that I knew this centre earlier so my children would have a chance to be here.
Example : It was very productive work place .
Hi whom it concerns

It was a good place to learn for the students who were senior at this college.The student had something to look forward to.

Given another chance to work for them I would. I also worked voluntary for one on one student as well.

thank you.
Management are so rule
- The centre manager was slamped the door and turned her back after she shouted at the staff.
- Miss communicated everywhere.

- Un fair and grumpy all day
Great place to work. Amazing friendly people.
Terrific. Challenging, professional, with a lot to learn. Great location. Great supervisory staff. It was a really good place to work. Good benefits too.
Pros
Relaxed, friendly, professional
Cons
Best place of Employment to date!
Mission Australia practice their values more than we preach them. I have never felt so supported and understood by management and staff alike. An incredibly empowering and challenging (in a good way) environment.
So many amazing programs run by amazing people for amazing yet vulnerable clients.

A pleasure to be learning and growing with you all.
Pros
Salary Packaging and Managment.
Fun work place, great staff,
Had the best boss ever, worked with great colleagues, lots of laughter, but work taken very seriously, always paid on time it was sad that I had to move to a different state, other wise would still be there 😁
Pros
Great staff
extreme bullying allowed
Extreme negativity and bullying allowed throughout all levels of management at mission Australia and no professional development offered.

Intense contradictions of written values and then how management act towards their staff
Productive and great work environment
Each day was different with a wide variety of work and made working there great.

Learnt new skills along the way.

Management was easy to deal with.

Workplace culture was good.
Supportive and great place to learn the trade
Went in green and they eased me into the role. Manager was very positive and supportive always willing to listen and to teach. Very professional service.
Pros
Supportive team great culture
Great environment
loved this job unfortunately it was quite a commute from where I reside so left for a job closer to home.

Great place to work and good and positive working environment for the most part.

Loved working with the young people and making a difference.
Pros
family orientated
Cons
to far from home
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Australia. Our community is ready to answer.