Mission Australia Employee Reviews

Supportive environment to work in
HIPPY HOME TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Inala QLD29 October 2018
Working for Mission Australia has been the best work environment I have been in to date. Although there are different programs working out of the one office we are all the same team. We are all involved in Team Supervision 4 -5 times a year, which gives everyone a chance to look back on achievements, reflect & look ahead at what is to come. All the services in my office work towards a common goal, which is to better the lives of children & their families & to keep children & youth engaged in education from pre- prep to high school & school apprenticeships.
There is a saying that if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life. I look forward to going to work every day. I love my job.
Pros
Great environment, supportive, regular free lunches & training opportunities
Cons
Nil
tough place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 December 2018
Typical PM day meetings emails and project documentation. I am applying for a job. It was a tough place to work. I did not enjoy the management style and the shoe string budgets
Cons
Not sufficient budget to resource and deliver projects successfully
DVRE (Current Employee) –  Central West NSW5 January 2019
Management is very good, they fit the definition of what is described as good management. I like the flexibly of being able to take overtime as Time in lieu
Pros
Flexibility given to workers
Cons
Some personalities need adjusting on the team
committment is required
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 September 2018
hard work long hours and not much support.
reward is helping people
I have learned that we have a lot to offer a person who is willing to take advantage of these opportunities.
Pros
doing good work
Cons
vicarius trauma
Rude people
BUSINESS ADMIN TRAINESSHIP (Former Employee) –  Cringila NSW4 October 2018
Never work there worst place I’ve worked
Very rude and mean. Unprofessional workplace. Fired for sickness. Unfair dismissal. Didn’t care about your health or safety.
Enjoyable work
Home Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wollicreek5 June 2018
This was a volunteering job that I did for a short time, finished this home tutor scheme because founding was changing.

Teaching students in their home was an interesting job.
I did really enjoy it although my student was not very consistant and was away a lot so it didn't feel like she learnt as much as I wanted.

Nice management always responded quickly by e-mail or a phone call.

Would have been nice to catch up with other teachers in the same situation to see how the where doing.
productive work place
ready Together and Community living support (Former Employee) –  Dareton NSW8 October 2018
great support offered, ongoing employment, dynamic team of staff, flexible hours of work, provide outreach to other communities.
good opportunities for professional development
A good organisation to work for
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Goondiwindi QLD13 July 2017
The Mission Australia nondenominational christian culture is applied to their organisation and this gives employees the security in knowing they are valued as an employee.

There is an excellent work family balance and chaplaincy is provided at time of stress.

You are able to salary sacrifice and the wage is in accordance with expertise experiences.

When meeting targets staff are rewarded with discount vouchers and at Christmas staff are shouted meals at local restaurant.
Pros
Good pay and working conditions
Cons
some managers lack people skills
My Day At Work
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ingleburn, NSW7 July 2014
Checking calendar to review clients appointments attending the office for assistance. Meeting with them and discussing suitable employment opportunities helping with applications, motivating the clients that need and assisting with motivation where needed. Working with clients that have vocational and non vocational barriers and cultural differences. Maintaining Government and inhouse applications, ensuring administration is completed in a timely fashion. Training clients in jobseeking skills when required. Reception duties and all other general office duties as required.
Pros
Salary Packaging, celebration when clients become employed
Cons
Emotionally intense, heavy workload, long hours
Great work, attitude, people
Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2018
Typical day of work: Take IT requests & issues and address them. Consulted regarding future projects.

What you learned: I've learnt that it's OK to say no.

Management: It isn't stable.

Workplace culture: People care about what they do. There are silos. There's politics.

Hardest part of the job: Explaining dumb user mistakes to the user without embarrassing them.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Solving difficult and interesting problems. Discussions with really smart teammates. Friday lunches, Friday drinks, Friday in general.

Want to know more about Mission Australia?

Ask a question
Productive and kind environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 June 2018
I thought it was a nice place to work based on the staff, e.i my trainer was a lovely woman and the rest of the staff were always helpful. The clients seemed to be satisfied, and having since worked in other JSP offices I found Mission Australia provided service to clients that was both effective and enjoyable for all parties included.
Great staff with diverse work place
StandBy Crisis Response Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Newman WA24 May 2017
Great work work conditions.
Training was appropriate and good.
Management are professional and supportive of staff.
Salary was a bit under par considering remoteness of workplace.
Pros
Use of company car and diverse work practices
Cons
long hot days
Excellent mission and ethos
SEE PROGRAM ADULT EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Katherine NT13 March 2017
The workplace culture varies from place to place but the key value of celebrating our successes no matter how minor was so useful when the work involves such misery and hardship with clients. The values are strong and when they are embodied the company is a great place to work.

For the day to day work of all staff put great effort in to help their clients and make a real effort to change their lives. I learned how to embody the spirit of Mission Australia and strive to live up to the moral and ethical framework of the organisation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal relationships created with clients and colleagues. The people I worked with made it worth coming to work. Which makes it hard to understand how the management can fail to put the resources into Human Resource management and take care of their people. In an effort to reduce the often unnecessary bureaucracy they have cut back on middle management, including HR and the organisation suffers. The battle between helping people and making ends meet can also make it harder to do our jobs under so much stress.

The organisation is great to work for and most of the staff are fantastic. Overall a great place and doing fantastic things for the community.
Pros
Great benefits to the community
Cons
The need to meet the spreadsheet targets
Personal Support Client Manager - Canberra
Personal Support Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra, ACT27 August 2014
Great organisation to work for. As with any large organisation, there are always going to be some issues between management and workers, you never get 100% of a group completely content, but overall a great company.
Pros
Good community work, Tax Benefits
Meaningful work, great colleagues
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW30 August 2014
I really enjoyed my job and colleagues but found management disinterested and unsupportive at a grass roots level.
Pros
Salary packaging, Chaplaincy support
Cons
pressure, workload, top down culture
Excellent Company
Sales Mentor VTEC (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD, Brisbane, Cairns9 April 2018
Mission Australia is a long standing company in the Jobactive industry. It prides it self as being a leader, and are very supportive with staff and staff development.
Pros
Excellent values
great place to learn with
Student (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC19 April 2018
really good place to study at, i learned so much.the location was fantastic, it was a really enjoyable experience for me to learn a new skill in a warm friendly environment
I am into fitness
All jobs (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 June 2016
Everything looks good to me no need to coment any further
I believe that my working with this company benefits all involved.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A culture of bullying by managers and peers
Various: Trainer, Consultant, Placement Officer, (Former Employee) –  Oxley, Mt Gravatt, Logan, Gold Coast QLD11 February 2013
Various positions over this period working over various sites. extensive bullying occurred over some sites by managers and other staff members.
Pros
salary sacrifice
Cons
stress
Rewarding and satisfying
Assessor/Employment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nambour, QLD3 May 2015
I have enjoyed working here as there are challenges everyday and the satisfaction of overcoming these challenges makes coming to work rewarding.
Pros
Salary sacrifice and 9 day fortnight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Australia. Our community is ready to answer.