Mission Australia Employee Reviews

extreme bullying allowed
Court Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Casuarina NT19 May 2019
Extreme negativity and bullying allowed throughout all levels of management at mission Australia and no professional development offered.

Intense contradictions of written values and then how management act towards their staff
Productive and great work environment
Adminstration Officer (Former Employee) –  NSW17 April 2019
Each day was different with a wide variety of work and made working there great.

Learnt new skills along the way.

Management was easy to deal with.
Workplace culture was good.
Supportive and great place to learn the trade
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD9 April 2019
Went in green and they eased me into the role. Manager was very positive and supportive always willing to listen and to teach. Very professional service.
Pros
Supportive team great culture
Great environment
Youth AOD Treatment and Recovery Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW4 March 2019
loved this job unfortunately it was quite a commute from where I reside so left for a job closer to home.

Great place to work and good and positive working environment for the most part.

Loved working with the young people and making a difference.
Pros
family orientated
Cons
to far from home
no work to do
Intensive Family Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Deception Bay QLD13 February 2019
the manager was too busy to assign clients
more interested in cooking and eating cake
toll bridge cost me 150 a fortnight to get to work
Staff were good to me
Mission Australia was amazing
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Cringila NSW9 February 2019
As i was only working in an intern ship i did not get the opportunity to progress in a career, however working for MA op shops has made me a lot more comfortable in my own skin.
the staff was unbelievably respectful and just out right amazing, they have help me out more than ever.
Lovely people
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 January 2019
The workers here are very kind and it is clear that they really do care about their clients and are not in this job just to make a living. the supervisor was very respectful and encouraged me(student placement) to do extra training and learn as much as i could while i was with them.
Pros
amazing learning opportunity
Cons
Na
DVRE (Current Employee) –  Central West NSW5 January 2019
Management is very good, they fit the definition of what is described as good management. I like the flexibly of being able to take overtime as Time in lieu
Pros
Flexibility given to workers
Cons
Some personalities need adjusting on the team
tough place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 December 2018
Typical PM day meetings emails and project documentation. I am applying for a job. It was a tough place to work. I did not enjoy the management style and the shoe string budgets
Cons
Not sufficient budget to resource and deliver projects successfully
Supportive environment to work in
HIPPY HOME TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Inala QLD29 October 2018
Working for Mission Australia has been the best work environment I have been in to date. Although there are different programs working out of the one office we are all the same team. We are all involved in Team Supervision 4 -5 times a year, which gives everyone a chance to look back on achievements, reflect & look ahead at what is to come. All the services in my office work towards a common goal, which is to better the lives of children & their families & to keep children & youth engaged in education from pre- prep to high school & school apprenticeships.
There is a saying that if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life. I look forward to going to work every day. I love my job.
Pros
Great environment, supportive, regular free lunches & training opportunities
Cons
Nil
productive work place
ready Together and Community living support (Former Employee) –  Dareton NSW8 October 2018
great support offered, ongoing employment, dynamic team of staff, flexible hours of work, provide outreach to other communities.
good opportunities for professional development
Rude people
BUSINESS ADMIN TRAINESSHIP (Former Employee) –  Cringila NSW4 October 2018
Never work there worst place I’ve worked
Very rude and mean. Unprofessional workplace. Fired for sickness. Unfair dismissal. Didn’t care about your health or safety.
committment is required
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 September 2018
hard work long hours and not much support.
reward is helping people
I have learned that we have a lot to offer a person who is willing to take advantage of these opportunities.
Pros
doing good work
Cons
vicarius trauma
Productive and kind environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 June 2018
I thought it was a nice place to work based on the staff, e.i my trainer was a lovely woman and the rest of the staff were always helpful. The clients seemed to be satisfied, and having since worked in other JSP offices I found Mission Australia provided service to clients that was both effective and enjoyable for all parties included.
Enjoyable work
Home Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wollicreek5 June 2018
This was a volunteering job that I did for a short time, finished this home tutor scheme because founding was changing.

Teaching students in their home was an interesting job.
I did really enjoy it although my student was not very consistant and was away a lot so it didn't feel like she learnt as much as I wanted.

Nice management always responded quickly by e-mail or a phone call.

Would have been nice to catch up with other teachers in the same situation to see how the where doing.
great place to learn with
Student (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC19 April 2018
really good place to study at, i learned so much.the location was fantastic, it was a really enjoyable experience for me to learn a new skill in a warm friendly environment
Excellent Company
Sales Mentor VTEC (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD, Brisbane, Cairns9 April 2018
Mission Australia is a long standing company in the Jobactive industry. It prides it self as being a leader, and are very supportive with staff and staff development.
Pros
Excellent values
Great work, attitude, people
Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2018
Typical day of work: Take IT requests & issues and address them. Consulted regarding future projects.

What you learned: I've learnt that it's OK to say no.

Management: It isn't stable.

Workplace culture: People care about what they do. There are silos. There's politics.

Hardest part of the job: Explaining dumb user mistakes to the user without embarrassing them.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Solving difficult and interesting problems. Discussions with really smart teammates. Friday lunches, Friday drinks, Friday in general.
Great experience, however moved to SA.
Community Service Worker (Former Employee) –  NSW6 November 2017
Working with youth in an independent living environment.
I was able to utilize skills from my own life experienc e.g. living skills, hygiene, cooking, laundry
A good organisation to work for
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Goondiwindi QLD13 July 2017
The Mission Australia nondenominational christian culture is applied to their organisation and this gives employees the security in knowing they are valued as an employee.

There is an excellent work family balance and chaplaincy is provided at time of stress.

You are able to salary sacrifice and the wage is in accordance with expertise experiences.

When meeting targets staff are rewarded with discount vouchers and at Christmas staff are shouted meals at local restaurant.
Pros
Good pay and working conditions
Cons
some managers lack people skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Australia. Our community is ready to answer.