Mister Sparky
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mister Sparky Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Fair pay but too much stress.

They pay fair but there is too much work and too few employees which leads to stress. There are different positions and I worked answering phones in the office. There is a base hourly wage and production bonuses. The problem became that there was way too much work to do and not enough people to do it.

Pros

Fair pay if you work hard and good benefits

Cons

Too much work and not enough help.

Best opportunity in the electrical industry

At Mister Sparky you will be given the opportunity, training, and support by management needed to succeed. What I personally love about working here is that nothing is given to you, you earn it all with your work ethic, attitude, and your personal motivation. There is no better opportunity for electricians who passionate about what they do and desire to earn what they are worth. No owner or manager will put a cap on your earning potential. I will never return to an hourly system that dictates what I am worth, I get to be in control of that every day!

Pros

Top Earning Potential, Training, Uniforms, Fully Stocked Company Vehicle, Paid Employee Healthcare, 401K, 24 HR Call Center, In house Parts Department

Cons

Must be energetic, possess a great attitude, and not be afraid to work.

Opportunity for growth!

In my time at Mister Sparky, I have been amazed at the opportunity for growth within the company. If you are looking for opportunity to grow as an electrician, there is not a better place to be! They are growing as a company and promote from within...if you are interested in a position, ask management and they will provide the road there! An amazing place to work!

Pros

$$$, growth opportunity, benefits

Cons

Work/life balance. Can be long hours

Horrible

Management is a joke the force you into a truck to run calls. When you need help they never answer true phones. When something goes wrong it's immediately your fault event when you did it like they told you to

Great coworkers

Working at this company is definitely not for people that need a balance work and home life. But, with long hours definitely came a nice paycheck. I could not get used to the upselling.

Pros

Great coworkers

Stressful and Poor Job Culture

Bottom Line: If you enjoy working non-stop as fast as humanly possible, while earning a small fraction of your repairs and installations, while dealing with stress from electrical work and customers and petty management, then this is the job for you.

Pros

Benefits, Weekends off (Mostly)

Cons

Terrible Work/Life Balance, Sketchy Pay, Poor Management/Upper Management

You’re a salesperson, not an electrician

I was an apprentice here for 8 months. The job application said you learn 2 days in the class room of the office and 3 days in the field. None of that ever happened. The books I would say aren’t real, judging by other apprentice reviews. You also work M-F and even saturdays 7am-10pm. There is no work life balance here. You aren’t salary or hourly. You are commission, they want you to upsell everything in the home you see from surge to panel changes. Even if it’s not needed. The benefits are terrible. You make $13/hr as an apprentice, they give you 2 hours of OT top because “you’re dead weight here”. So basically $450 a week to have no work life balances, barely see friends or family. The electricians you work under arent electiricans they salespeople because the higher ups want you to add to your “ticket” at each home to increase revenue. The best thing about this job is the relationships you build with your coworkers. Other than that this job is a complete waste of time where the company puts you through a meat grinder to help them hit revenue numbers while you take home like $900 a week working 70 hours(do the math). If you’re considering applying here, I would definitely second guess that decision.

Pros

I had great coworkers

Cons

Literally everything and I 100% mean it

Overly demanding

Company does work same day so if getting home at a decent time is important to you steer clear. If you don’t mind long hours and are ok with doing it continuously for the trade off of a large check than apply. Not for the faint of heart.

Benefits

Cons

Overly demanding

Love the atmosphere just not feeling the love

Great people just dont know or want to see other peoples values just care about themselves they make promises they dont keep and make up excuses why you can't get a raise its a shame..

Cons

No lunches

Call center games

The pay was decent but not enough to deal with the stress of being constantly yelled at by customers for either permitting not pulling proper permits for jobs or techs messing something up and now their whole house has no power. Trying to get a hold of a manager or someone to give assistance you'll find yourself waiting forever and telling the customer someone will get back to them and they never do. It's rough, the management is lacking leadership and honesty. The script is forced if you want to work there it's robotic and doesn't fit with most conversations. If you don't grab contact information from a customer you get a "talking to" that makes you feel like their talking to a machine part that stopped working. You don't get any PTO until a year in. Health care is about 50% coverage it's all pretty meh.

Pros

Some customers are fun to talk to.

Cons

Benefits, management, company honesty.

stressful and only worry about the revenue

High stress and you don't feel like the main office has your nest interest in mind. You can make alot of money but you will work long hours and always under pressure to upsale. Sometimes they push the upscale to much. Also they hire green helpers and expect them to be running work in less than 6 months. It takes years to learn this trade not months. This causes alot of stress and turmoil with the techs.

Pros

Good money if you are a lead

Cons

high pressure and no true support

Great people all sweet hearts to work with.

All great people very caring an want to help you succeeded. There is money to be made. You get what you put into it. Positive attitudes do well I feel.

Pros

Vans an constant flow of work

Cons

Nothing yet

I enjoyed this job

I enjoyed working with the management and staff at Mr. Sparky. It was a great experience and I learned a lot about electrical and services! The service manager CS was so knowledgeable and made me want to be there longer because he was so dedicated. Upper management seemed a bit out of touch at times but deeply cared about the employees.

Pros

Great people, awesome learning experience, healthcare, Free lunch, candy machine

Cons

It is commission based pay, very long hours with little pay.

Worst company I have ever worked for. The management is awful. It is a pyramid company. Only the upper management makes the money. You work long hours off of low commission. Would not recommend this company to work for or hire them to provide service. They pay overtime on the Chinese pay.

Pros

Nothing they offer

Cons

The whole company

The worst company

Stay away from these crooks and con artist who exploit electricians and home/business owners run by untrained people who think they know it all and do nothing waste of time going to their rinky dinky shop

Pros

Cons

Many

You're a salesman not an electrician

Commission based pay😒. Dishonest company through & through. Not upfront about pay scale or commission percentages. Will expect you to work till 1am & then be back in by 7 am for a company wide meeting where they discus how to be a better salesperson. Or ask you to watch YouTube videos on your own time, not about electric...about sales and motivational speaking😕

Pros

They will hire anybody, even if you don't have a single tool.

Cons

Too many to list.

Worst company I ever worked for!

Fired half the staff right after Xmas-after having an expensive party at the fanciest restaurant in downtown Dunedin. Zero management or leadership, to the point managers did not even know their own job titles or daily required tasks so they could not delegate to others. The only manager who knew his roll and had sole authority would use people against one another like pawns for his amusement just to see what would happen. He would mess with the men regularly, take jobs away from ones who need it and play favorites and then girlie others, and take away hours from CSR girls just for fun even though he had the hours to give.The only one who ever had stability was the boss’ daughter! Zero room for growth or stability and everyone is constantly looking over their shoulder, gossiping, feeling tense and just waiting to get fired. Over 40 people were fired in the end of 2019 alone....apply at your own risk!!

hellscape of epic proportions.

the management team including the regional managers the presidentand the vice presen, are constantly saying they are friendly and open to questions. they are not! the only thing they see is money. they do not care about you or your concerns. what they want from you is to sit there shut up and sell whatever they tell you to. they want robots, not happy employees. the call center is understaffed.there is barely any down time. you will be taking calls from out of state companies nd dealing with there angry customers and you cant do anything. you will be cursed and screamed at by customers. management will do nothing about it except shrug like it is normal thing. you are graded on every single call you take and they will threaten your job every other week. meanwhile the permitting team messes up permits every week without consequence. they keep saying they will expand permitting accounting and that they promote from within. there is zero growth here no one in any other team will be leaving. if you are hoping for a raise for working really hard as a call taker then you need to think again. it will not happen.

Pros

lots of overtime

Cons

Zero growth, Call grading, over charging your customers, have to be robot, scripts

Actual living Nightmare

I worked at the Mendota Heights location. During my time there, the owner and his wife, who worked dispatch and every other job in the office, would often be screaming and arguing with each other. The salesman screamed profanities at one of the electricians in front of other customers. The other office workers flat out told me that they were afraid of the owner and think he should be sued for harassment.

Customer Service

Great place to work and lots of hours.Several different ways to work and flexibility for places to work and alot of training when you ask for it. Would recommend.

Productive busy office

Enjoyed working for this company as my day was always a challenge and super busy with heavy call volume speaking with clients and scheduling appointments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mister Sparky. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mister Sparky