Mitchell Shire Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Mitchell Shire Council Employee Review

Rewarding and fun

28 June 2015
I arrive at 7.45am start the computer up and check emails. I then put the art work from the children away and set up the activities planned for the day. I would only speak to management if there was a problem otherwise my co worker is there if i need something.
My co workers are all fantastic and we get on really well.

The hardest part of the job is challenging children but we have plenty of support with this. I really enjoy my job, I get to meet new children and parents every year and have made some really good friends from this
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
children having to do such long hours
30 September 2014
Same location
Road Construction Bridge Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) - Melbourne, VIC
Absolutly loved going to work a great job with much to learn from
Pros
Close to home
Cons
was none
26 February 2020
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER (Former Employee) - Broadford VIC
Great place to work, clear vision and goal setting to work towards sound outcomes. Management in the Children's Services portfolio are committed to working towards best practice for all stakeholders.
3 April 2017
Building Maintenance Officer (Former Employee) - Broadford VIC
Finding out what was on for the and day, what I learned was never assume anything because during the course of the day something would upset your plans and you had to go to attend to the problem or organize other trades to fix it.
Work place management needed improvement as in to say nobody could make a decision about anything always needed to bring in consultants to make up there minds.

The culture was a two tier affair seem to have a us and them attitude.

Hardest part of the job was to organize trades and materials as well as do your own jobs, seemed to overlap each other.

The most enjoyable part of the day was the challenge the job always through at you and your work mates.
Pros
Traveling to differant locations for the job
Cons
Giving up lunch as there wasn't enough time in the day to cmplete the tasks