Mitel Employee Reviews

Convenient Location
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX21 August 2019
Great place to work with the option to work remote often. Work environment is open and encourages interaction between employees.. Many open conference rooms.
Productive and fun at work place
Firewall Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX20 August 2019
• Network Security Engineer with experience in testing, troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and maintaining enterprise data network and service provider systems.
• Implement and configured firewall rules in Checkpoint Gaia R77.20, R75, VSX and Palo Alto Pa-5K, Pa- 3000 series, panorama.
• Working with app teams and engineering teams to review the requests before they get implemented.
• Created virtual systems (firewall) in the Palo Alto and Checkpoint firewall
Busy without being overwhelming
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY19 August 2019
Friendly work environment. Staff is happy to help with questions to make sure you know what you're doing. Days can get stressful, but never overwhelming.
Excellent company .
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL17 August 2019
I enjoyed working at Mitel very much. Very friendly atmosphere, very team oriented. This company believes very strongly in advancements and furthering education. Mitel was, may be still a great company to work for.
About Mitel
Material Handler/phone configure (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ13 August 2019
This is a good company to work for, but it does take a while to get hired on. Management is split up which is a little different. Once hired on you get the benefits and all the good stuff.
ok
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater London7 August 2019
- Tres bonne entreprise
- cadre de travaille parfait
Garbage place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 July 2019
worked here for 18 years. laid off or threatened with layoffs 5 times in first 5 years.. Pay is awful. Management was a complete joke. STAY AWAY. DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE.
Pros
Cons
Just a joke
Stay in your lane and don't bother me
Senior Manager Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Arizona2 July 2019
Mitel is a tough place to be. There is no compelling reason to work here. There's no help from anyone outside of your team and absolutely no collaboration. Do not recommend.
Was able to work directly with Executive Management on High Profile Accounts and Issues
Senior Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote office in Denver, CO19 June 2019
Had a great tenure at Mitel - 6 years. Built great relationships with internal organizations and Executive Management and they even attended customer onsite appointments with me. I worked with several teams to create and/or improve internal processes on behalf of high profile customer accounts. Most organizations and Sr. Management are open to what the customer sentiment is.
Growth has shifted to enterprise environment with poor work/life balance
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH18 June 2019
Mitel used to more like a family, but now is more like a large corporation where you feel more like a number and not a person. This is unfortunate and cost them many talented people.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  300 state st8 June 2019
Started out ok for the 1st few months although training was horrible and you have to learn everything by sitting with another rep. No metrics were set durimg the 1st 9 montgs of working here and after the 3 week training there were no more trainings. I rarely received 1 on 1 meeting with my supervisor. When I would get a 1 on 1 they would only tell me what my metrics are which i received via email. There was no constuctive feedback on how to fix my metric. I was just told to improve them but didnt really know how so i asked others how theu kept the metrics i was struggling in on target and i was told, by cutting corners, closing cases even if unresolved amd never following up with customers and to not care about customer's who cases have not been worked. So I asked the Director for a meeting to discuss assistance with improving and he would not listen and talked down to me telling how everyone else is meeting the 2/12 metrics i struggled with. So i explained that everyone is cutting corners and not doing the work and I am so thats why it takes me longer to close cases. I was singled out for several thingsand even my co-workers noticed and said something to me about it advising me to go to HR so I did. Then i got fired. So to keep this job, don't go by the books or the training. Just do what you have to do to meet the metrics and dont go talking to HR or the director. HR wasn't reallt HR but a recruiting agent who did HR work because they were to cheap to hire an HR rep. Eventually HR was a woman in another state that I woukd have to email constantly to get an appointment with  more... who did not help me with my issues and obviously I ended up fired.  less
Pros
Unlimited overtime, caring when it comes to family emergencies
Cons
Dishonest, unorganized, horrible management and training, unclear policies and hard to find, poor tools, service provided to customers crashes multiple times daily, no HR on site, pto policies are unclear and never explained
Fast paced environment with some overtime
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ7 June 2019
picking, shipping, and programming phones with certain instances. you start your day out by getting all the product you need to program by pick sheets.
Don't work here
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX19 May 2019
Of all the 20 yrs of work experience that I had, this is the worst company that I had worked for. Extremely political, bad management and no growth company that I will not recommend if you are looking for collaborative fun environment. Look at the number of people leaving this place that is an indication of the culture and the trust in the company to have any future.
Watch out for unfair benefit practices!
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV1 May 2019
Mitel's employee manual for 2019 says it covers domestic partners. I have been in a domestic partner relationship for 8 years. This week we received a letter that in order to be covered on insurance, domestic partners must PROVE their finances are tied to one another. Mitel is not honoring their employee manual and really screwing over good employees with their healthcare. Now we are in the middle of 2019 and my DP will be without healthcare. It makes me disgusted with Mitel and their unfair benefit practices. They will lose a good employee.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lying about benefits
Productive enjoyable and very friendly atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 April 2019
First duty in the morning check e mails and reply accordingly
Checked all conference rooms make sure they were all neat
Checked kitchen for supplies
Managed office with other problems when they occurred
Handles other office duties
Management very professional
Very nice friendly environment friendly co workers and helpful to me with problem solving
Very enjoyable job
Light speed transition
Director (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX2 April 2019
Company radically changing towards a software and cloud based company after a 45 year history as an on-premise PBX manufacturer. Has created a very turbulent atmosphere. Changes are made rapidly and aren't fully executed before another massive change is undertaken. This has frustrated and alienated many partners and customers.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Management doesn't understand the impact change has on partners.
Fun place to work, good for young fol
Software Developer, MiContact Center (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2019
There is a good work / life balance, people are very nice and are great to talk to if you have a question to ask. Depending who your manager is, your work will vary.
Productive and Funplace
Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX11 March 2019
A typical day at work
what you learned
managment
 Installation and Configuration of Cisco routers ─ 2600 series, 2800 series, 3600 series, 3800 series
 Installation and Configuration of Cisco Switches ─ 2950, 3500, 3750 and 4500.
 Experience in routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, and standby protocols like HSRP and VRRP application in the routers
 Designed VLAN’s, access lists (ACL), troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images and other hardware installations.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Too many meetings
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX8 March 2019
This company has a meeting culture that takes up entirely too much of your time. Therefore, you end up working late hours to keep up, impacting work/life balance.
good place to work and learn
Project Manager / Telecom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 February 2019
good place to start and work your way up in the company. Management are fair and provide support as required. training is taken seriously. Regular communication from management are provided. Company strategy are understood by management and team members.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitel. Our community is ready to answer.