MMG Employee Reviews

productive and work safe workshop
Workshop Boilermaker/Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill QLD14 October 2017
I found MMG a good place to work. the work and home life roster was a good balance for my lifestyle and family, the management was approachable, the work was always done in a safe and timely manner, the workplace was safe, and found the camp and after work facilities excellent, the hardiest part of my job was that it involved hot and heavy work but that is the nature of the job i was tasked to do, the best part of the job was that each day there was a different task on hand and the team members i was able to work with and new experience i learned.
Pros
catering and accommodation was exceptional
Cons
cold in winter and hot and wet in the wet seasion
Fun workplace
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Golden grove20 February 2017
Great crews to work with great recorces and camp sites and food meals , sports equipment, gym facilities, tennis courts, pool facility
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Working away from home
Mmg
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QLD LAWN HILL12 June 2016
good bunch to work with it was a pleasure to go to work Safe work site good meals and accom. learned heaps on safety operating heavy machinery haul trucks loaders face shovels etc
Cons
no cons
Recent restructuring with managers and roster change with no benefits have ruined a great place to work.
UNDERGROUND HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Yalgoo WA8 June 2016
MMG Golden Grove used to be a great site to work at. But recent restructuring has caused it to be a terrible place to work. Company is very top heavy and new management have no loyalty to the workers and it seems like they are only in it for themselves.
Pros
Workmates are great, good camp facilities
Cons
Extended roster with no pay rise
Good people to work with
Service Crew member (Former Employee) –  Yalgoo WA25 May 2016
Comfortable living facilities.
Normal day would be hot dirty and sweaty in a noisy environment, the people you work with is what makes it a satisfying place to work.
Pros
comfortable living facilities
Cons
Could have been run better through management level
its just bloody great mate
everything up to Jumbo (Former Employee) –  Yalgoo WA10 May 2016
Its just a bloody great place to work and then go back to ya donga and have a tinny....move the family up there if i could...ey mate.
Pros
2 pillows
Cons
blokes been there 20 yrs and still tickin...you dont move up real fast...
Great place to work. Relevant amendities.
Underground Operator safety rep mines rescue (Former Employee) –  Western Australia31 March 2016
I am very safety conscience with a background of cert three mines rescue and safety rep for my crew for two and half years. I work hard as my referees will confirm. I was made redundant due to commodities downturn and for no other reason. Willing to learn nd progress in mining. The hard part of U/G mining is the labour but im very capable re: my experience. the best part of mining for me is being able to spend time with family more often and the mateship at work, we rely on each other.
Great Place to work
Senior Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Century Mine, Lawn Hill27 March 2016
Great Place to work, Bosses were great. Work balance was great.
Wide variety of work. Good job prospects. Good variety of work.
Pros
Great Blokes
Cons
Long Hours
Great culture
Accounts / Procurement Officer / SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 March 2016
Productive and safe place to work at with great culture. Profiecient environment which allows you to learn,grow and develop.
Good company to work for.
Fitter - Floor and Field (Pit) Workshops (Former Employee) –  North QUEENSLAND Gulf of Carpenteria5 January 2016
a typical day is always well plan available labour and enough materials supplied.
management are very supportive in all phases of maintenance and high standard of safety compliance.
co-workers are very supportive and respectful, there is always the exposure to the elements to manage but each individual will be ensured to follow required controls provided by the company.
best part is going and be home safely after each rotation.
Pros
excellent food and camp facilities
Cons
MMG was all about its staff.
Apprentice Trainee Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill, QLD16 December 2015
MMG made sure its staff were well looked after and due to a FIFO operation, ensured a great work-life balance.

There was a great culture at site and the managers were easy to work with and supportive of their staff.

Unfortunately the fly-in-fly out lifestyle does become difficult at times.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
LOng shifts
Century Mine the 2nd family
Maintenance Technician / Shutdown Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill, QLD28 November 2015
As the title reads that's exactly how it was, we spent over half our lives at work over the period of a year. Luckily on the A crew it was a top bunch of blokes and an absolute pleasure as well as many learning curves.
Pros
Fantastic team enviroment, Good food, Good family/work life balance.
Cons
Mine clocure as of late 2015
Excellent place to work
Document Control/Administrator/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill Qld11 November 2015
Great place to work with friendly people
Safety was high paramount on site
Good communication regarding progress on mine operating progress
Delivered consistent milestone within the company
Great training for employees
Pros
Well equipment village to cater for FIFO
Cons
harsh Environment
Working out MMG Century Mine
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Normanton, QLD14 October 2015
Great 7 week on and off
Great Salary
Good Staff
Bad Bosses
Good Work Mates
What I learned how to drive a Dump Haul Truck
The hardest part of the job was night-shift
Pros
Free lunch
Safe productive friendley environment
Infrastructure Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lawn Hill, QLD25 September 2015
MMG promotes a safe working culture with a focus on each other and business principals.
With oppurtunities to up skill with in the mining industry provided by MMG focus is on developing a strong team.
Pros
Fifo
Cons
Away from family
productive and fun work place
dump truck and watercart operator (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill, QLD21 September 2015
every day was nearly the same unloading and loading ore and waste. learned a lot about safety and more knowledge on my job requirements. Management was really good and friendly which I think is a good thing in this environment. Co-workers were all good people . hardest part was leaving family behind. most enjoyable part was being able to operate the heavy equipment.
Pros
no expenses while at work
Friendly workplace
Century Employment Training Committee Secretariat (Current Employee) –  Lawn Hill, QLD28 January 2015
Being here for two years and found it to very family and friendly orientated workplace.
Pros
Accommodation and meals
Cons
FIFO is perfect for me, I love the work and the friendships I made while there.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill Century Mine28 November 2014
Great company to work for, unfortunately due to the pending mine closure and ergo the end of my contract I did not get the opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great crew
Comms Tech (Current Employee) –  Century Mine Lawn Hill14 October 2014
Century is a great place to work. Good people, great work culture and family benefits with a good roster.
Great place to work, people are really nice and facilities are really good.
Ancillary and Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill6 August 2014
Starts at 4am time to get up and get the ball rolling, pass meeting 540am start at 6am. Pre start on machinery, off you go till crib. Two breaks a day for crib then final park up at 550pm earliest and get back to village around 620pm. I learnt heaps as i was green when i started there but I love operating machinery. I loved the people i worked with it made the days go fast cause you could have a joke around.
Pros
People, facilities, not having to cook for yourself