MMG Management reviews

productive and work safe workshop
Workshop Boilermaker/Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill QLD14 October 2017
I found MMG a good place to work. the work and home life roster was a good balance for my lifestyle and family, the management was approachable, the work was always done in a safe and timely manner, the workplace was safe, and found the camp and after work facilities excellent, the hardiest part of my job was that it involved hot and heavy work but that is the nature of the job i was tasked to do, the best part of the job was that each day there was a different task on hand and the team members i was able to work with and new experience i learned.
Pros
catering and accommodation was exceptional
Cons
cold in winter and hot and wet in the wet seasion
Recent restructuring with managers and roster change with no benefits have ruined a great place to work.
UNDERGROUND HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Yalgoo WA8 June 2016
MMG Golden Grove used to be a great site to work at. But recent restructuring has caused it to be a terrible place to work. Company is very top heavy and new management have no loyalty to the workers and it seems like they are only in it for themselves.
Pros
Workmates are great, good camp facilities
Cons
Extended roster with no pay rise
Good company to work for.
Fitter - Floor and Field (Pit) Workshops (Former Employee) –  North QUEENSLAND Gulf of Carpenteria5 January 2016
a typical day is always well plan available labour and enough materials supplied.
management are very supportive in all phases of maintenance and high standard of safety compliance.
co-workers are very supportive and respectful, there is always the exposure to the elements to manage but each individual will be ensured to follow required controls provided by the company.
best part is going and be home safely after each rotation.
Pros
excellent food and camp facilities
Cons
productive and fun work place
dump truck and watercart operator (Former Employee) –  Lawn Hill, QLD21 September 2015
every day was nearly the same unloading and loading ore and waste. learned a lot about safety and more knowledge on my job requirements. Management was really good and friendly which I think is a good thing in this environment. Co-workers were all good people . hardest part was leaving family behind. most enjoyable part was being able to operate the heavy equipment.
Pros
no expenses while at work
very productive project
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Cloncurry, QLD3 February 2014
This was a great job because it allowed me to become familiar With Bridge construction. I worked a 14 / 7 roster with a great crew and good management. we finished the job 7 days ahead of our dead line.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting in the construction of the crane and loading the bridge beams onto the head stocks.
Pros
Working on new projects
Cons
I wish the project was bigger
Century Mine is the best place I have worked, they have strong safety culture, everybody jumps in when the big jobs are on.
Maintenance Planner, Long term, short term. (Current Employee) –  Century Mine, North West Queensland.22 July 2012
Do the hard stuff that needs the concentration in the morning i.e. accounts & figures.
Did not know how to turn on a computer when I commenced employment 13years ago; now its my job.
Management style and techniques are as wide and varied-ed as personalities.
Great bunch with a genuine attitude to looking after each other.
Dealing with head strong & vocal supervisors.
Performing a task that was challenging and to have it go well, and for the efforts to be recognized.
Pros
good shift 8/6, good work colleagues. trips away.