MOMENTUM ENERGY
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MOMENTUM ENERGY Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
good workplace , felxible n cultre was awesome
i was only casual though on a temporary asignment though but wud love to go back any day i would recommend anyone
Worked at Momentum Energy as a Customer Care Representative (entry level role) for 1.5 years, wasn't too bad, moved into Resolutions, again wasn't too bad. Moved in Communications which was great however, our team was considered the 'dumping ground' and there was just no going upwards.
It's great for an entry level role however not for a career.

Management is horrible and don't really care for you.

Turn over of staff is ridiculously high, mainly in Customer Care (inbound roles).
Pros
Rewards program (SHINE), people
Cons
Management, understaffed, rotating roster
Official response from MOMENTUM ENERGY
16 July 2019
Thank you for posting a review and we’re sorry to hear of your experience with our leaders.

We invite you to contact us at Stephanie.Walls@hydro.com.au, so we may look into your feedback further.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Momentum was one of the better organisations that I have worked for. Culturally diverse organisation supporting social activities to celebrate key cultural events. The company had an old fashioned family feel to it. Momentum has also supported various health initiatives.

The growth of the company has stalled in my time there, making Momentum look like an old trophy for Tasmania Hydro.

HR should do more around salary reviews for entry level analysts, in line with the rest of industry, to retain talent and improve job satisfaction at that level.
Pros
convenient location next to Southern Cross station
Cons
below industry pay for entry level operational positions, leading to staff attrition
I've been here for about 6 months now and I'm really enjoying it. It's small enough that individuals can make quite a difference, but big enough to feel stable. There's plenty to do and I have plenty of autonomy in my role - generally, I decide each morning, what I want to focus on and everyone's pretty OK with that.

One of the values is being 'positive and optimistic' and I find most people do that.

I like the senior management - they seem pretty switched on and all seem to want to do that right thing for customers.

One of the parts of the job I struggle with is the lack of process and the wheels-coming-off feeling that happens regularly as I'm used to a fairly regimented workplace. Priorities shift very rapidly. But the flexibility and freedom has great benefits too.
Pros
The people are nice, they have a coffee machine, hours are good - I usually leave bang on 5pm, right near Southern Cross Station and a tram stop, happy for me to work from home every few weeks, I feel valued and a part of the team, culture is pretty friendly.
Cons
Office is pretty outdated (but they may be moving in a year or so), not a great end of town for food and shops.
Momentum energy is a great company, growing and also in a great location. Good people fun environment.

Close to public transport and also has good support.
Inbound /outbound calls, explaining bills, high bill inquiry's,time to pay bills. Pressure to meet volume of calls.
Secure job , fast growing company
Pros
Security
Cons
Pressure on phone to meet kpis
I worked in customer service - usual day involved taking calls from customers, resolving bills complaints, assisting with accounts enquiries, liaising with networks etc. Most customers are really great, as Momentum is an ethically run company that treats its customers better than anywhere else I've worked.

The staff are friendly, welcoming and supportive, it truly is a wonderful place to work, I can't recommend it highly enough.

If I recall correctly (I left a year or two ago) they offered 19 hours a week, 30 hours a week or full time and you worked on a rotating roster between 8-6 week by week, and they were pretty accommodating for part-timers at uni etc.

Pay at the time was about $23.50 per hour for first 6 months and increases after that, and there's bonuses and pay reviews etc.

Low turnover and a lot of promotion from within, so people are committed and invested in their roles and the company, and actually care about what happens to the customers which makes for an awesome environment to work in.

Right near Southern Cross station.
Pros
Staff, management, enivornment, flexibility
Cons
Repetitive nature of work
Each day with Momentum Energy brought new challenges and consisted of meeting new potential customers in the B2B arena. The role was about explaining the process of switching to Momentum and the cost saving that this would benefit the customer.
The SA Team consisted of only 5 close knit team members so we were very close and spoke daily even though we all had separate territories.

One of the hardest things that we all endured was the fact that not that many people had heard of Momentum and some people are adverse to change. With that being said once these Concerns had been resolved, it was always brilliant when you heard back from new customers who appreciated the cost saving on their electricity bills and how easy the transition from their previous retailer to Momentum Energy.
Cold calling & meeting lots of small business owners
Early starts and late finishes

Motivating myself

No colleagues around me, just the customers, but colleagues on the telephone to call, if assistance needed.

Helping businesses to save money on energy costs.

Most enjoyable part was the harder I worked, the more comission that I could earn.
Pros
Managing Myself & My Day
Cons
Long Hours