Monadelphous Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recommend working here
Planner /Scheduler/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA25 June 2018
Work/Life Balance ( No regard for Employees )

Salary / Benefits ( Win all their Contracts by cutting the Employees Rates )

Job Security / Advancement ( Fine while you dance to their music , Hard to do when they have no Integrity )

Management ( No Integrity )

Job Culture ( Pay little and get Cowboys who work unsafe and cut corners . All good till somebody gets hurt , Management turns a blind eye till then and then comes down hard on everyone .
Pros
Nil
Cons
Jump when they say and don't think of yourself . All about them .
A good Company to work for
QA/QC Welding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth/Pilbara30 July 2018
No bad reports about this Company, good financial rewards for working away.
Had no issues with Management, left to get the job done, so it appeared management has confidence in their employees and their abilities.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
can be away for long periods of time
good working environment
Monadelphous MEPL HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 April 2018
Good company to work with, good culture and support from management. Able to find work and transition to different sectors. good attitude towards safety and the well being of employees
Pros
continuation of work
Cons
avergae salary
Great company to upskill and support you fun staff professional services
Scaffolder/Rigger High Risk Marine Crew (Current Employee) –  Barrow Island WA10 October 2018
Without a doubt the best company I have ever had the pleasure of being a part off I have learnt a lot of new skills and experience doing a variety of work which I think is key to a happy productive workplace the staff and management are the most supportive work colleagues I have ever met there priority is working safely not cracking the whip and getting you too do things out of your comfort zone I have made many friends in my short time with this company
Pros
New skills supportive company
Cons
Nothing to say very positive
Have worked for Monadelphous over the past 8 years enjoy working with them.
CONTRACT FITTER (Former Employee) –  Perth/Brisbane16 October 2018
the work with Monadelphous was good as there was a lot of verity and challenging work. Management and Supervision was excellent the told you what job needed to be done and they gave you the work packs to do the work.
Pros
All projects ran smoothly.
Cons
Last job with them did not enjoy the 4 and 1 roster.
Fun and productive work place
TA / Labourer all rounder (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT17 October 2018
Yeah I'm a hard work family man looking for new challenges . Team player who can work alone or part of team, ready to move to any state around the country for work.
Pros
Barbies
Cons
Long hours and rotating shifts
Very informative and a great learning experience!
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park WA8 July 2018
I loved working for Monadelphous even though I wasn't getting paid, It was a great working environment and the people were lovely. I was helped with my tasks by everyone I asked and was taught a lot of information by many people.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Monadelphous was a good company to work for at the time
Trades Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder24 October 2018
Worked on many mine sites as a Trades assistant, these sites were around Kalgoorlie /Boulder, some dogging experience gained there, worked with a lot of good tradesmen and foreign workmen,
Pros
worked with a variety of Tradesmen on mining Sites
Cons
not many faciltiies at the time i worked for them
Trade Assistant (Current Employee) –  Narrabri NSW9 February 2018
Great place to work. Decent work/life balance. Great pay rates with competitive salaries. Awesome company for recruiting across a diverse range of skill level and provide access to on the job training and career advancement.
Pros
Paid site allowance
Great Company
PORTFOLIO LEAD PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 September 2017
I have worked for Monadelphous for 5+ years & they have a great work culture, ethic and care about there employees.
They have office in all the makor areas of Australia and international office.
Monadelphous is always looking for new, safer and smarter ways to do work & improve the work place for ts employees and offers a benefits program as well.
Safety driven
Mechanical/Commissioning Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT15 September 2018
The safe way is the only way, That is the Monadelphous moto and they stick by it, This is one of the reasons they are such a good company to work for, Good managers as well
Fantastic organisation to work for
Civil Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT24 August 2018
Monadelphous provided me without a lot of opportunities over the 6 years that I worked for them.
The projects completed were done on time and in a safe manner
Great Team, Inexperienced Support
Snr Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA19 June 2018
The team put together to help Shell Prelude repair damaged piping runs was first class, however inexperienced support staff and lack of peer support made life more difficult than it should have been.
Pros
Highly experienced offshore team.
Cons
Inexperience in off-shore Oil & Gas
Well managed operation with a great team of personal
Store person/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla, Queensland2 June 2014
This was my first job in the construction industry and really enjoyed the work and the new people I met. I have learnt a number of skills that I have been able to add to the pervious knowledge to help in the future with any type of work. I had no problems working a three and one roster and enjoyed the company of the team of people who that you worked and lived with.

Management where very good with safety and communication with everything, big or small being communicated down through to all personal on site.

A normal day consisted of a 10 hour day with a team meeting in the morning and afternoon of every day. The camps which we stayed at where very good. The quality of food was excellent with the ability to order something that was not on the night menu if it didn't suit you liking.

I think the hardest thing about this job was missing out on stuff back home with family, but the financial benefits made up for that when you got home.
Pros
Income
Cons
Missing out on stuff back home whilst away
fun and exciting team
Instrument Electrician (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA12 June 2018
Great company to work for, I have travelled around Australia working on various Oil and Gas plants with the company,

My experience and knowledge of systems has also grown alongside making life time friends,
Pros
great pay
Cons
sometimes long stints away
Great Company to work for
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Western Australia25 June 2018
I worked for them a number of years as a rigger and found they were a great company to work for and work work for them again. They looked after the work force with both work and personal issues.
great company
Instrument Electrician (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA12 June 2018
great company to work for, working on various LNG plants around Australia.

Met lots of people from all walks of life that have taught me alot in regards to instrumentation and HV work
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
long stints
Enjoyed the Safety achievement barbecues food was always tasty.
Boilermaker/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT18 January 2018
Most working days where stress free because of the management and workplace culture.There were many courses available on request.Hardest part of the job was to try to endure the energy draining humidity days in the summer.Winter was the most enjoyable days to work.
Pros
Tasty Barbecues
Cons
Humidity days
Low motivaiton and project morale as job nearing an end
Hazardous Area Electrician (Current Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD1 May 2015
On this project the work crew is unmotivated and attempting to make the job last longer. An unhealthy attitude exists between locals and FIFO's. I have only taken on this position with the knowledge of one to two months employment, and like most am looking for what's next.

The camp facilities are more than reasonable, and the ability to get off the island and enjoy leisure activities during any spare time is a welcome release from the job site.

The job itself is a standard gas environment, with the usual restrictions on phones and ignition sources. The hardest part of the job is being expected to complete a task when limited tools are provided and you are not allowed to bring your own tools.

There is little or no pressure to complete tasks in an unreasonable timeframe, and the supervisors, leading hands and other employees are mostly relaxed and easy to get along with.
Pros
Location - proximity to Brisbane in comparison to other FIFO jobs, salary.
Cons
Roster, tools.
Disorganised, bad management and no respect
Site Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Roma QLD22 October 2014
Was a hard worker, built the job from the ground up was an absolute mess when I started, apparently I did a fantastic job yet that wasn't enough and would rather save a couple of dollars then run the project properly. Cut corners shocking management just another number with them. All issues swept under the rug.
Pros
Employee Benefits Program
Cons
Management, disrespect, treated as a number not a person