Monadelphous
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monadelphous Employee Reviews

In my time at Monadelphous I quickly learned that this company is focused on family friendly rosters and ensuring that everything is good at home for their employees .
Pros
Employee benefits Scheme
Cons
Not enough permanent Full time work
Bad culture, manager always blame staff in front of everyone, no people care about you just themselves. People never response to their email, so many excuses. Management is the disaster
Pros
Cons
everything
Great people workimg for them upper management were out of touch working safety policies able to progress strict VOC guidelines which was good made sure you knew your job
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Not enough awards for safe working practices no barbaques
Monadelphous was a great experience for the new and experienced team, the full-time employees where awesome and where always more than happy to assist or help you with ever the task. The supervisors were awesome too. I would be more than happy to go back to work with Monadelphous any time.
Pros
good money
Cons
needs to be more work in NSW
Supervision and upskilling is poor too much favoritism within the office. Being mature female with years of experience i was invisible to the supervisor and management but the workers in the crib rooms saw how much work i did and appreciated me. Never felt good going to work had to leave.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Felt invisible
They approached me, was pushed to complete over a doz inductions, complete all paperwork, picked up PPE, received flights, fly out day called to say 'we don't need you'. I had turned down a job with another company for this job to be left high & dry at the 11th hour! Who does that to people, esp in the current climate!?! This company!!!
Pros
Cons
Are fine with crushing people without a thought
At Darwin gas plant construction was not as many hours so less pay also very humid so not good but monos made it bearable to work and l put up with the weather for 1 year then moved on.
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Full time not really must have other companies to work for
Always had prestart meetings to ensure all crews know and understand job requirements for daily tasks. High safty rules set in place thus crews could work safe and go home safe.A good banner to be under.
Pros
Accomadition and meals supplied
Cons
Normaly 10 to 12 hr days.21day roster with 1 pyjama day
Great company but least paying a little disorganised when it come to big shutdowns. Have to pay for own boots and jackets. U can be placed at camps that could be an hour or two away from site.
It is the good place to work, our safety is the first priority the workplace culture is good the people were are working with.for my experience working this offshore i recon this the safest place to work.
Broad range of work all over Australia, Good Co to work for. Usually get all the benefits, allowances plus training just have to show up & be present &willing to have ago.
Supportive work culture. Good opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of work and develop skills. Easygoing office environment and positive approach to family and out of work needs.
Worked on the Kawana water treatment plant. Poorly run to the point of embarrassing. Three lots of senior management replaced, at least a year behind and millions in the red. And yet they still employ the same clowns in supervisory roles year in year out. Won’t be back. And they should put the cleaners through the HR Dept in Brisbane.
Given full authority to make decision. Always able to approach and obtain advise from superior. Respect and opportunity to grow and learn. Structure approached on evaluation of employee performance. Training to upgrade skilled for once role is encouraged.
encourage different level of staff / contractor / supplier to get involve on safety related activities. company do provide different level of training / on site VOC / job related course for every staff. comprehensive staff performance review to allow opportunity for internal promotion particularity on graduate level to intermediate level engineer.
Pros
lot of trainings / support from peer
Cons
long proceed on financial related issues: approval / allowance / P & L review.
I did work for Monadelphous for a number of years and I worked as a truck driver and later on in Safety and then a bus driver transferring staff from various locations around site. Monadelphous was a great firm to work for and like a large working family I would recommend to anybody
The purple cirles abound. Far too many entrenched buddies working from site to site. The middle management do not create the wealth. The labour force so that and their loyalties lie with whomever is paying them at the time. Typical labour can change company logos 2-3 times a year.
Do your job as requested keep a clear head and make the most of your time with this company. Monodelphous will only recognise you if you do feats of over and beyond your required work load!
Being aware of our surrounding and of each other our supervisor kept a tab on us at the end of the day we all want to go home just like family would do it.
honestly!! the thing that turned me off was the management and getting sent all over the Hunter Valley using my own car and not getting paid a fuel allowance or travel money
they employ people as intermediate riggers instead of advanced riggers so they can pay you less yet they still expect you to mentor green riggers and if you work on shutdowns you cant get a job on construction with them
  1. Employee Reviews