Monadelphous
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monadelphous Employee Reviews

Australia290 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Great

Really enjoyed the work on the 3 occasions at different projects in Western Australia. I teach apprentices at Tastafe at the moment and I always recommend monodelphous for a great opportunity to gain experience in the construction industry.

Worked oil & gas nt & qld and mt isa mines

Oil & gas I worked DLNG in Darwin QGC in Gladstone both job were through Brisbane office pretty professional I had an accident 2016 heading home they were pretty good in seeing that i was looked after through the Perth office I enjoyed working for Monodelphous

Pros

They keep you in employment

Cons

Na

Bad work place

Don't do it they lie . The Bose's r cno good at there job and don't stand up for you u . They use u to suit them selves .pay rate not on par with other companies Used to be the go to company but not any more

Pros

Nil

Cons

Inconsistent work

Culture of team work

FIFO work opportunities, Engineers are under paid and the avenue to progress into Superintendant and construction management roles is very limited. The HR department are not as aware of conditions at work site as they should and have next to no understanding of how uplift pay scales work in relation hours worked and site conditions.

Pros

Positive can do work culture

Cons

Limit avenues for advancement for engineers that maintain a FIFO position

Laid back and not rushed.

I work with a good group of people on my crew who all get along with each other including supervision. I've recently returned to work from a knee operation and I was looked after very well while on workers compensation. I would recommend working and have recommended people to work at Monadelphous.

Pros

Career advancement

Cons

Early starts

great to work for if your single or don't want to watch your family grow.

great to work for if your single or don't want to watch your family grow. go away for work and come home only to be asked to go do night shift for two weeks up bush again.

Pros

good bosses

Cons

never see family.

Poor management

Poorly managed and top heavy with numerous manager's and no direction. One department doesn't talk to the other department and vice versa.Poor pay .

Cons

Long hours and poor pay

great place to work

great place to work I was made WELCOME straight away now I'm part of a great crew and it's only my 2nd month with monodelphous I do FIFO 3 weeks on and 1 of .

Pros

Were in a camp

Cons

Hours are great

Enjoy the work and people

More consistent work to longer breaks in between enjoy the shutdowns/construction/working with all walks of life.With running the stores love it I know my job well with experience I’m comfortable in that role and the meeting of people suits me some old friends and new ones Monadelphous gives me that opportunity which I’m so grateful for love fifo jus want more consistency in the role

Most enjoyable get good feed back at end of every shift good staff

I have worked at several Monadelphous site projects and have enjoyed the challengers, I have worked in different roles and the working environment is always up to date OH'S procedures and follow a no harm approach

Inclusive, fun and rewarding work

I really enjoyed my time working on many sites for Monadelphous. The work was fun and fast paced. The culture of living in camp and working on site was memorable. Management was very supportive.

Pros

Great working environment

Messy management selfish people

Bad culture, manager always blame staff in front of everyone, no people care about you just themselves. People never response to their email, so many excuses. Management is the disaster

Pros

Cons

everything

A family 1st company

In my time at Monadelphous I quickly learned that this company is focused on family friendly rosters and ensuring that everything is good at home for their employees .

Pros

Employee benefits Scheme

Cons

Not enough permanent Full time work

Skilled workers

Great people workimg for them upper management were out of touch working safety policies able to progress strict VOC guidelines which was good made sure you knew your job

Pros

Learning new skills

Cons

Not enough awards for safe working practices no barbaques

Mt Thorley Mine Dragline

Monadelphous was a great experience for the new and experienced team, the full-time employees where awesome and where always more than happy to assist or help you with ever the task. The supervisors were awesome too. I would be more than happy to go back to work with Monadelphous any time.

Pros

good money

Cons

needs to be more work in NSW

Could have had better policy to go by. Was thrown in to set up and no thanks or appreciation given.

Supervision and upskilling is poor too much favoritism within the office. Being mature female with years of experience i was invisible to the supervisor and management but the workers in the crib rooms saw how much work i did and appreciated me. Never felt good going to work had to leave.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Felt invisible

Do Not Even Think About Working Here

They approached me, was pushed to complete over a doz inductions, complete all paperwork, picked up PPE, received flights, fly out day called to say 'we don't need you'. I had turned down a job with another company for this job to be left high & dry at the 11th hour! Who does that to people, esp in the current climate!?! This company!!!

Pros

Cons

Are fine with crushing people without a thought

Monos is one of the better employees

At Darwin gas plant construction was not as many hours so less pay also very humid so not good but monos made it bearable to work and l put up with the weather for 1 year then moved on.

Pros

Good supervisors

Cons

Full time not really must have other companies to work for

Enjoy working at monos always a good crew to work with.

Always had prestart meetings to ensure all crews know and understand job requirements for daily tasks. High safty rules set in place thus crews could work safe and go home safe.A good banner to be under.

Pros

Accomadition and meals supplied

Cons

Normaly 10 to 12 hr days.21day roster with 1 pyjama day

An alright company to work for.....

Great company but least paying a little disorganised when it come to big shutdowns. Have to pay for own boots and jackets. U can be placed at camps that could be an hour or two away from site.

I really enjoy working this place

It is the good place to work, our safety is the first priority the workplace culture is good the people were are working with.for my experience working this offshore i recon this the safest place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monadelphous. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Monadelphous