Monash Health Employee Reviews

Bullying & Combative Leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 June 2018
The people are amazing who support technology and deliver a service but new IT Leadership stifle change, promote a culture of blame and intimidation versus a growth and solution mindset.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Bullying & Combative Leadership
loved it
ENROLLED NURSE & WARD CLERK (Former Employee) –  Berwick VIC28 April 2018
I worked with Monash Health for over 13 years and i only left because of an injury and unable to continue with the role I held physically. I loved this workplace and would never have left otherwise.
Pros
shift work
Cons
long hours, rosters
Work Experience
Work experience, hospital (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC26 April 2018
I found it to be a very eye opening opportunity to working at a hospital. During and after my work experience at the hospital I wanted to work as a paramedic, however I have now steered away from that.
Great respect for anybody in the field of working in a hospital.
enjoy working here
Casual Div1 Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 January 2018
I have always enjoyed working for Monash Health. They have a good working pattern. Staffs are friendly and co-operative.Work atmosphere is good. Fell happy to be a part of this hospital.
To collect specimens
STUDENT WORK PLACEMENT (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC7 December 2017
I had good experience with them. I really enjoy that place as my work placement.
At the hospital all staff member was really helpful and I had learnt so many new things about the hospital area work environment.
Friendly Environment, Fun and caring employees
Food Service Assistant (Support Service) (Current Employee) –  Kingston VIC21 November 2017
There are many roles and responsibilities at Monash Health. Most of the time I would working at Production. Basically my job is to assist the chef in preparing the food for the patients. Other than production, I would be working at processing and dispatch. The management at Monash Health are good and friendly. Same goes for the employees.
just another number
Orthopaedics Registrar (Former Employee) –  Wodonga VIC22 September 2017
not helpful in supporting you to progress your career

poor organisation with lots of inefficiencies

culture isn't too bad but everyone is doing more than they need to just to keep things running
productive and fun workplace
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  South East Melbourne4 July 2017
I enjoy working with the elderly people, helping them to maintain their independence . I leaned to be part of the team and respect individual differences and diversity. work within my job description and follow work place policies and procedures, attend in services training to update my skills. discrimination and workplace bulling is the difficult behaviours to deal with in the workplace. the most enjoyable moment in the work is when you see the client and their families are happy.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Nice company to work for
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria29 June 2017
I worked for Monash Health for little over a year,was close to home.lovely Managements,supportive staff. loved the education session.I learned a lot about Mental Health and I was able to experience the other side of Nursing..I enjoyed working with the patients and family.
Pros
great environment, team work, scheduled and allocated work. different shifts availablity
Casey and Dandenong Hospital excellent to work in
Emergency Registrar (Former Employee) –  Berwick VIC13 May 2017
Excellent emergency departments both Dandenong and Casey ED. Well organised and well staffed. With excellent senior staff. Would work there again. Also magnificent nursing staff.
Bad culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC7 May 2017
Not a good organisation to work for. Staff are bullied and intimidated if they report it. Some wards are better than others but tje executives put so much pressure on NUMs it is hard to not be affected. Work somewhere else.
Pros
Staff shortages mean constant recruitment
Cons
Toxic culture, bulllying, unfair workload, no career progression
productive and fun work place
hands on health work experience (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 April 2017
my communication skill was improving.
learned about diseases patients had
most enjoyable part of the job was that we did activities based on body organs.
Good job, great staff
Division 2 nurse medication endorsed (Former Employee) –  Doveton VIC15 March 2017
We had a job description to adhere too, It was challenging at times but because of good teamwork we were able to complete all required tasks in the time limit. I left this job to relocate interstate to be closer to family.
Pros
great team
Cons
challenging situations (Psych nursing)
Supportive environment
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC8 March 2017
Monash Health is a supportive work environment. I found my colleagues to be passionate about their work and eager to continue their development. Will look to return to this organisation in a future role.
One of a kind service in VIC
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Hampton East VIC8 March 2017
Leading edge psychology service
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC8 March 2017
Supportive work environment
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Hampton East VIC8 March 2017
future hopes
Emergency nurse (Current Employee) –  Clayton VIC6 March 2017
I would like to be able to work in paediatric emergency as an educator 2-3 days a week permanently
I would like more accessibility to education/lectures for casual staff
Pros
staff
Cons
would like more education courses available to bank staff
Great People to work with
human information services (Current Employee) –  Berwick VIC26 February 2017
Very busy, and interesting job. I am wanting more to learn and more hours. Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the unwell patients leave happy again and the hardest part of my job would be the mental health patients that we some times deal with.
Good Company to work for they care about their employees
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 January 2017
I am a Mental Health Clinician, my typical day is assessing new clients that have been referred by ACF or GP because they have been presenting with behavioural issues most of our clients have Dementia with BPSD and I am part of the Residential Support Program consisting of Nurses, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists. RSP comprises of 6 clinicians and a Team Leader.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Workiulate to complete assessments, discharge summaries or typing behaviour management strategies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3