Monash Health logo
Monash Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash Health Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Monash was ok. Supportive team. I enjoyed my education at Monash as I was able to learn a lot about my specialty in mental health. I was fortunate to work in crisis team.

Pros

Good lunch breaks

Cons

Poor management

Terrible work culture

Take advantage of kind nature of employees. Do not pay correct overtime/penalties. Poor education department. Blamed staff if they contracted COVID-19. Not supportive workplace.

Cons

toxic culture of bullying, overwork and permanently understaffed

The company has un comprehensive selection criteria or methods of recruitment.Hospitals can be very disorganised, poorly managed and always understaffed.The team has a culture of not helping new comers and disrespecting new workers.There is no space for discussion or positive criticism.Hospitals like Moorabin and Dandenong are the worse places in this world in all standards and levels of decency.Highly unrecommended

Pros

minimum casual rate pay

Cons

toxic culture of disrespect

Im very happy with the company i work for.

Ask management to send you the job description and learn it. Be on time and dress appropriately for the job you applying for. Be friendly and polite. Prepare the answers of the questions

Productive and fun

Good to be placed as it gives good opportunities. Would be better if there is a chance to excel to higher hierarchy. Salary packaging is satisfactory for fresher.

The interview most Security matter. Hygiene awareness at hospital ground.

Asking questions about Security officer job and specially customer service Work. Problems solving skills and. Code grey for aggressive behaviour for those in mental health section. Emergency response in department and specially in emergency department where people affected by alcok

Poor culture. Unsupportive

Overall, an unpleasant experience during my tenure. Some bullying and discrimination evident. Many staff members resigned and left. No supports or ability to complain to HR.

Professional

Typical of most hospitals the pace can be frantic you need to stay calm and adhere to ICARE Values at all times as well as obviously Nursing Standards and policies. Uniforms are provided for nurses working with patients on the wards.

Friendly atmosphere,comfortable zone

Friendly atmosphere well communicative staffs great parking facilities clean working enviorment supportive collegues great values good management Enjoyable place to work great job oppertunities good cultural background

Great place to work.

Great working at Monash Health. Management very approachable with open door policy. Ongoing learning opportunities. Fantastic work colleagues. It is a joy going to work each day.

Pros

Seeing our clients meet their goals and able to tranisition out.

Cons

Nil really

Jobs at Monash Health

See more jobs

Excellent work

Work was very busy I had enemies who wanted my job and they got me to quit and got my job work was very busy sometimes the timeframe was not enough to get the work load done in the time given

productive and enjoyable

very Enjoyable place to work and good team work Supportive and collaborative work environment Ongoing training and professional development, with the flexibility of online training A competitive rate of pay Salary packaging Discounted movie tickets Flexibility - work/life balance

A challenging place to work

Monash health is a huge organisation. I work with amazing professionals and feel challenged on a daily basis. I love the team environment and have much respect for the nursing and medical staff for the extremely busy conditions they work under.

BIg Company. Professional. I fell through the cracks

All the policies and procedures were in place for the company to churn out successful new Nurse graduates. my grad teacher went on maternity leave during my whole year with no replacement to support me and my own insecurities. I left this place as it seemed better for everyone.

Very good boss, very clean and productive environment and the hours were easily facilitated with myself. The employees which i worked alongside were very dedicated and easy to work with. No issues, would recommend to anyone wanting work in the field.

Very busy

This hospital is always busy Many patients often require translation very busy indeed Has almost all specialities generally long waiting lists at this

work experience

it was my work experience but im still greatful that working as team member . i was very shy person but were i was working with team i have confident to to make new friends and have good communicate with everyone

A good stepping stone for beginners

A good place to start a fresh career and to learn work under pressure. Excellent help from some of the staff and management to progress in your work area.

Not a company I would work for

Unfair place to work for loyalty isn't there strongest point I did enjoy working at Kingston but Dandenong was the worst site I ever had the opportunity to ework at

Unproductive place with extreme wastefulness both financially and resource wise.

The organisation runs on the good will of few individuals who do the work because they believe in it. Most are there to collect a wage or for career advancement. Many departments are still managed by dinosaurs. Staff are micromanaged. Over 18 months ago, management have installed biometric scans for the whole hospital. If one is late you will have your pay docked, however, nobody cares if you sit around and pretend to work once you are there. Because the pay is low for non Executive staff and upper managent, the organisation can't recruit good people. As the adage goes, "you pay peanuts", you get employes who are not motivated and literally don't care. Often it feels like a real life renactment of the comedy "Yes, minister!" One positive point, is the work life balance. One can take time off pretty much whenever they want.

Pros

Some really good people to work with and learn from.

Cons

Very low morale, poor managers for many non medical services.

Good working environment...

The team leader treated everyone with respect and dignity. I was accepted as the new team member despite the fact that I was only a professional practice student gaining lab technician work experience. Everyone got along well and everything was done in an efficient manner.

Pros

Friendly working environment

Cons

Narrow spaced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Monash Health