Monash University

Monash University Employee Reviews

Australia95 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Fun workplace, best place to meet and build new network

A day at work as a IT support would be to follow ticket to clients, troubleshoot and escalate if troubleshooting leads to negative result, log the procedure and you are done.

Pros

Chill place and very relaxed

Enjoyable and stressless environment and perfect work-life balance

1. day work includes managing emails for head of department, ordering department materials, safety and training preparation2. learned about office business3. workplace culture relaxed no stress and flexible hours4. no hard part of the job

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

too relaxed

Great pay

The bosses and supervisor are great, they are there to support you. if you are good worker, you can get more oportunities, in my case I started as casual.

Worked to the bone for so little

Tutors, run away. The amount of work you put in to care for students doesn't get remunerated as the hours system makes it impossible for you to do your job.

Pros

Diversity of activities, fun challenges

Cons

Long hours unpaid

A very professional enviroment to work

Monash has a great learning enviorment to work within , The team I worked with worked as a team very inclusive and happy to help and inclde in all aspects of the role.

Best place to work

Waiting to work for monash again if opportunity knocks. Good ambiance, good professional culture and nice induction training and everything is good to start your career with Monash.

Pros

Perfect place to work

An excellent workplace

I did an IT contract for Monash during 2019. The staff were wonderful, the atmosphere being collaborative and highly team oriented. The management were supportive and just let me get on with what I know without interfering. Overall I'd go back there anytime they have an opening for my skillset. A great place to work.

Don't do it to yourself

Staff are over worked, skills under utilised unless of course management can manipulate you. Don't care about workplace injuries, wellbeing or any flexibility. They want robots not staff with ideas or initiative.

Pros

Non

Cons

Too many to list

Nice work place

If you are looking for a relaxing work place with nice places for you to eat lunch and a library for you to go and find your favourite books and magazines, Monash University would be a great place for you to work while trying to explore the campus and learn a little bit more about yourself and the next generation.

Pros

Friendly work mates, nice work place on campus & nice places to have lunch.

Cons

Marking can be tedious & there's no pay for casual staff during the break.

Monash Student Association

I was a volunteer. You will get a good salary if you get a paid job. The people are really nice. Can get monotonous and stressful. It is a corporate environment. But the contacts you make can be really helpful

Pros

Good work atmosphere, great place to pick up new skills

Cons

Monotonous and very hi

Fun place, enjoyable, good people

Easy going yet still busy with things to do. Multi-tasking - Emails, Inbound phone calls, front counter service, printing of documents and cards, liaising and building relationships with faculties and other departments, sometimes making outbound calls. Never dull; always something to do or learn, with a great team of people to do it with!

Productive and supportive work environment

Great management, always something different, whether it was traveling to a research site or performing administration duties, all aspects were enjoyed. now that I am ready to return to work Monash would be a great location.

Caring and Productive

The environment here is awesome. Management and Coworkers are both very caring and hard working people, who are passionate at what they do. The hardest part of the job is managing a work/study balance with one's study because timetables may change at short notices. The most enjoyable part is definitely working with the people around you, and feeling like you're giving back to your community and making a positive difference to the world and the future.

It is great to work at Monash University.

It is great to work at Monash University. The staffs there are very friendly and the pay is also good. Both of my managers are supportive and guide me through my first semester. My colleagues are brilliant and patient. I had a great time working there.

A trully amazing University

Monash is an amazing university. It deserves to be held among the great universities of the US and Europe. I'm excited to see how it's reputation will grow over the coming decades.

Excellent place to work and learn from people with diverse background

Excellent work environment. Almost all the staff are very much friendly and quite helpful. The safety is its first priority and Monash has a zero harm policy I believe. I love to work here.

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!!

Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!! there are very long Hours involved! some free lunches. There are a few fun things in regards to Courses you can do!!

Pros

some free lunches

Cons

there are very long Hours involved!

Great opportunities to up-skill

There are great communities within Monash University and career advancement via learning and training, is amazing as you have a lot of opportunities to add to your skills. I would recommend working at Monash University.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Some faculties are not so good to work in.

Client review

Lots of politics working in education. Was across an AWS migration of their environment. Lots of red tape to get anything done. The contractors working there seemed to be the ones actioning the work, whereas the full time employees were a bit more challenging

Fun workplace and GREAT pay but insecure job security

This was a great place to work because it did not require a lot of time or have a lot to do, great management, great team. However like all universities they are always looking to cut costs and make money. So redundancy is inevitable. Still take the leap as pay is so good.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Eventual Redundancy

The university is a research based institution with many campuses in Australia including overseas campuses in Malaysia, South Africa and China.

I enjoyed every part of my work and research both in Australia and doing my fieldwork at three South African universities(University of Natal, University of Durban Westville and the University of Pretoria} all sponsored by Monash University graduating with a Postgraduate Diploma in Commercial Law, Graduate Diploma of Education and a Doctorate in Education( EdD).

Pros

Free lunches, sponsored research trips, professional development workshops

Cons

Many study options, long hours of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Monash University in popular locations