Monash University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Monash University Employee Reviews

Australia86 reviews
I was a volunteer. You will get a good salary if you get a paid job. The people are really nice. Can get monotonous and stressful. It is a corporate environment. But the contacts you make can be really helpful
Pros
Good work atmosphere, great place to pick up new skills
Cons
Monotonous and very hi
Easy going yet still busy with things to do. Multi-tasking - Emails, Inbound phone calls, front counter service, printing of documents and cards, liaising and building relationships with faculties and other departments, sometimes making outbound calls. Never dull; always something to do or learn, with a great team of people to do it with!
Great management, always something different, whether it was traveling to a research site or performing administration duties, all aspects were enjoyed. now that I am ready to return to work Monash would be a great location.
The environment here is awesome. Management and Coworkers are both very caring and hard working people, who are passionate at what they do. The hardest part of the job is managing a work/study balance with one's study because timetables may change at short notices. The most enjoyable part is definitely working with the people around you, and feeling like you're giving back to your community and making a positive difference to the world and the future.
It is great to work at Monash University. The staffs there are very friendly and the pay is also good. Both of my managers are supportive and guide me through my first semester. My colleagues are brilliant and patient. I had a great time working there.
Monash is an amazing university. It deserves to be held among the great universities of the US and Europe. I'm excited to see how it's reputation will grow over the coming decades.
Excellent work environment. Almost all the staff are very much friendly and quite helpful. The safety is its first priority and Monash has a zero harm policy I believe. I love to work here.
Great place to work and the Workers are very nice!!!
there are very long Hours involved!

some free lunches. There are a few fun things in regards to Courses you can do!!
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
there are very long Hours involved!
There are great communities within Monash University and career advancement via learning and training, is amazing as you have a lot of opportunities to add to your skills. I would recommend working at Monash University.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Some faculties are not so good to work in.
Lots of politics working in education. Was across an AWS migration of their environment. Lots of red tape to get anything done. The contractors working there seemed to be the ones actioning the work, whereas the full time employees were a bit more challenging
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Monash University?
This was a great place to work because it did not require a lot of time or have a lot to do, great management, great team. However like all universities they are always looking to cut costs and make money. So redundancy is inevitable. Still take the leap as pay is so good.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Eventual Redundancy
I enjoyed every part of my work and research both in Australia and doing my fieldwork at three South African universities(University of Natal, University of Durban Westville and the University of Pretoria} all sponsored by Monash University graduating with a Postgraduate Diploma in Commercial Law, Graduate Diploma of Education and a Doctorate in Education( EdD).
Pros
Free lunches, sponsored research trips, professional development workshops
Cons
Many study options, long hours of work
If you are a ‘yes’ person, you will do well here. Management are generally cold faced, policy-driven and self interested, and contrary to a projected image, the environment is change-resistant unless a tangible PR benefit is present. In this way, it supports mediocrity more than innovation, and will use semi-unethical practices to keep boxed or even oust anyone who doesn’t conform.
Pros
Salary, work/life flexibility
Cons
Management, use of funds, ethics
Management protect their own, at the expense of employees. There is no feedback review process for managers, so they can get away with basically anything.
I was there only for 3 days as contract employee, worked as student consultation desk. Salary was as per Australian GOVT rule so no problem at all. Enjoyed working there.
Pros
Salary, Free lunch
Cons
Flexible working conditions, inclusive environment, great amenities. Professional advancement is encouraged. Active anti-bullying programmes in place, along with health and wellbeing initiatives (i.e. free weekly meditation classes).
Pros
Working conditions, 17% superannuation
Cons
Great environment, cool team work , interesting project, good location, good work-life balance, good salary.
I enjoyed very much working with the multidisciplinary team.
Worked at Reception and Resources. I enjoyed my time interacting with people and delivering good customer service. Staff and students were very appreciative. I have good memories of my time at Monash University.
Every day I learnt something new and was able to use this new information in the work I did.
I people are kind and wonderful to work with on a day to day bases.
As I said hard work beats everything the more you work hard the better you get and achieve more. I do however think that forcing people to fill up survey is definitely wrong.
Great leadership, great vision.

Academics (teachers) run the spectrum of overly entitled to true researchers and lecturers.

No or very limited stress on the job, no take-home work, nights and weekends are yours.
Pros
time, little to no stress
Cons
egos of academics